Post-Game Talk: B's Win 2-0 - 'Well We're Movin On Up' and on to Washington

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Agreed. There should be absolutely no speculating allowed on a message board...:laugh:

There is nothing wrong with speculating. Working oneself into a lather over things that MAY happen (and probably won't) is an exercise in aggravation.

"Trotman was called up! OMG he sux! Why didn't they call up Morrow! What are they thinking?!" :scared:

And Trotman eats popcorn in the press box, collects his NHL pay for a couple of days, and goes back to Providence.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
What stood out for me on the positive side was the amount of room Lucic creates in front of net. Seems opposing D just look down or skate away and have to believe that helps when battling for loose pucks.

Speaking of battling for loose pucks, saw both Erickson and Soderberg doing exactly that (Soderberg looked more like a bull coming into the crease one time).

Contrast that with the B's nwt when McQuaid is out there....I really like what he brings to the team. He will get nasty and protect our cage (I think it was B. Morrow the previous game he dealt with in typical McQuaid fashion).

What stood out from a negative side was the lack of killer instinct. Backup goalie, no Crosby, no Malkin. I was thinking of an analogy such as the Pats not having Brady and Gronkowski and their primary kicker couldn't be used.

Maybe I am not giving Pens enough credit and they pulled together with all of the adversity they faced to make a game out of it.

I also have to remember that the B's didn't have their #1 center either.

Most important thing is that got 2 points and now look forward to tonight.

Not that anyone wants to hear this but Bruins were playing game - of a back to back-they may have been after conserving some energy. But then I don't really know that it was a lack of killer instinct so much as both teams were just shutting each other down.

I thought the two main problems were the Pens were picking off passes in the offensive zone and our defense was at times lazy in their own end. One thing I do like is that Bart, Krug, Dougie and at times Seids have started just skating the puck out of traffic and if/when they can heading for the O zone.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I don't think they've announced anything official but if I'm Julien I'm having Rask start today-this game has a lot of playoff importance.

Svedberg plays Tuesday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad