B's send qualifying offers to Spooner and Connolly

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
is there a goalie limit?

23-man Roster
There may be a maximum of 23 players on each Club's playing roster at any one time from the commencement of the NHL regular season through the trade deadline. Prior to the start of the season, each Club must submit to the NHL its "Opening Day Playing Roster" which shall be comprised of not more than 23 players. Each Club must have a roster of at least 20 players, composed of 18 skaters and two goaltenders. Players on Injured Reserve do not count in the 23-man limit.

Dupell6

Jul 5, 2013
23-man Roster
There may be a maximum of 23 players on each Club's playing roster at any one time from the commencement of the NHL regular season through the trade deadline. Prior to the start of the season, each Club must submit to the NHL its "Opening Day Playing Roster" which shall be comprised of not more than 23 players. Each Club must have a roster of at least 20 players, composed of 18 skaters and two goaltenders. Players on Injured Reserve do not count in the 23-man limit.

gotcha gotcha i didnt know if there was one organizational wide, im assuming smith is gone and subban and zane are the goalies in providence

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Interesting that:

Jordan Caron
Craig Cunningham
Matt Fraser

All not qualified. UFA's

Shows how bad that talent really was in Boston. Nobody else seeing value in them either.

These are guys Bruins didn't want, and behold, they actually didn't turn into anything. I consider that a good thing. The opposite is a bad thing and there has been plenty of opposite.

Bruins got rid of Boychuk and he becomes a #1 and gets paid like one. Soderberg is the 3rd line center, leaves and gets paid like a top 6 forward. And a bunch more before that too, Iginla, Seguin, Wheeler, Versteeg...Kessel is out there...Thornton still out there. Now add Hamilton and Lucic...

I don't think it's showing that at all. The talent in Boston has been great for a while, and they spread the wealth more than anybody it seems, it's just they don't get the right value for the talents they ship off or get rid of...

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Said theyd match any offer to Hamilton and Looch was a foundation player less than a week ago.

Just sayin.

Exactly. And both of those things could have been right. They may have matched an offer (which they never intended to receive) and Lucic was a foundational player (whom they intended to trade).

I'll say this...if they are going to blow money on other free agents and try to build a roster to compete rather than tank, then they ought to trade Rask. Nobody else on this team fetches enough to rebuild this crap defense.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Seems to me the perfect amount...

Rask
Jones

Subban
McIntyre

Far as I know, Smith and Morrison are not coming back.

yup, I think Smith looks for a backup gig somewhere. Let Subban and Zane go nuts in Providence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad