GDT: B's @ Caps, 3/5/2013 @ 7:00 PM at the Phone Booth

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Except that instead of having a .908ish guy who's proven that he can take a heavy workload, now they have a .908ish replacement that hasn't seen full-time duty in a long time. Even if they platoon him, the other guy is not as good as Cam Ward.

There's also the "playing in front of the #1 gives the boys confidence" trust argument, but it's a harder sell.

Either way, they're not as good minus Cam Ward IMO. Enough to suddenly choke away the division? To the Caps? Who knows.

Ellis has been .920+ this season. I'd expect him to regress with a bigger workload, but the overall point is that to the extent that they can ride Ellis, they're likely as good or better than they were before. If they're forced to rely on Peters much then that is where they'd be in trouble.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Even if the Caps win the SE, what does that accomplish? A worse draft pick and a 1st round exit?

And the loss of Ward should be offset by the return of Pitkanen, Skinner, Gleason, and McBain. The only reason they're not further ahead in the division is the mini-losing streak they suffered while missing those guys.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Ellis has been .920+ this season. I'd expect him to regress with a bigger workload, but the overall point is that to the extent that they can ride Ellis, they're likely as good or better than they were before. If they're forced to rely on Peters much then that is where they'd be in trouble.

Well shoot the horse and slap me silly, I didn't expect that.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I just found this yep its Hammer at Kettler apparently he got waived for damaging the treadmill

www_plus613_net_tmppulseworkingout.gif

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
What was priceless is faces around me when I was screaming "goal" in full silence mode in TD Garden.

No Raikkonen was hurt in that moment. Bruins' fans are kind! :)

I'll be at tonight's game. Hopefully Karma doesn't rear its ugly head for me posting that.

n3ss

Nov 29, 2011
Whats the deal with Liach? Is he hanging up the skates or something? It's been two months.

Halpysback*

Whats the deal with Liach? Is he hanging up the skates or something? It's been two months.

He's taking a leave of absence with Troy Brouwer to start The Troy Brouwer Center for Kids Who Can't Lead Good and Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too.

Liberati0n*

jack-edwards-bruin.jpg

vs.

SimplySensational

Battle of the Homers: Who can whine about the refs more?

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
If the Caps win this one I have more faith. Although they beat Jersey, that team has been dropping. This would be a great win tonight.

MoJoSauce

Apr 3, 2011
NNK

Poti and Laich underwent some alternative groin surgery in the off season similar to face off, in this case groin off

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Laich is done for the season, skated for a week, hasn't skated since Feb 16th...

Quite frankly, I see no difference between him, Hendricks or Chimera. He will still be a dumbass and figure because he is playing with Ovechkin, that he is the **** and can take shots instead of passing to Ovechkin.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Laich done, like Tex said Poti was done, repeatedly? :laugh:

I was hoping Olesky would be wearing a number in the fiddy's so teams think its Green and head in for a free shot. Hopefully to get hit first.

Is it wrong to hope that Pinocchio gets popped in the schnaz?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad