GDT: B's at Leafs 8PM Nov 12th, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Wait Marchand's benched? Da fuq? I tuned out a while ago but he was one of the best players on the ice from what I saw. Did he have a massively awful turnaround?

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Oh I agree... we sucked as a team, for sure. I'm just wondering why Marchand was benched because from what I saw he was one of the few creating chances in the offensive zone.

He could be nursing a slash, or perhaps Claude can tell the game is out of reach?

Maybe he thinks Marchys desire to get a pound of flesh could lead him to Slashing someone - or saving his gas for the habs.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Even though they had won 5 in a row, the team was not playing well.
The blowout tonight hopefully will get them back to committing to a 60 minute team effort.

I agree 100%. They always play much better after a blowout loss. It's a reset button for them.

NightmanCometh

Feb 11, 2014
Minnesota
Wait Marchand's benched? Da fuq? I tuned out a while ago but he was one of the best players on the ice from what I saw. Did he have a massively awful turnaround?

Yeah idk, I didn't notice any particularly bad shifts... I'm guessing it's just Claude messing around w/ combos, but I still don't like it.

OutspokenMinority*

love, love, love the lookaway toss back towards the net, this time by paille.

they have not done this often enough for many, many years. (Soderberg does it all the time)

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Oh I agree... we sucked as a team, for sure. I'm just wondering why Marchand was benched because from what I saw he was one of the few creating chances in the offensive zone.

Clode's attempt to drive away another offensive player. Team needs more grinders. Perhaps Marchand for Horcoff, Clode's early Xmas gift.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Chris Kelly has 0 points in his last 8 games. Over that span he's -2 and has just 7 SOG.

Campbell has 0 points in his last 6.

Paille has 0 points in his last 7.

Gagne is 0 points in his last 10.

Being a seasoned veteran does not make you an effective hockey player. There's alot of money tied up in these guys to be "depth". That's $6.5 million worth of depth.

OutspokenMinority*

If you are trying to single out one of our better players tonight, I don't know....

Isn't Trotman a stay at home defenseman? What is he doing on the PP? Shouldn't that be Morrow/Krug/Hamilton?

not at all, it was just a noticeably bad play that you can't really ever make. he didn't have to make it a dangerous situation, and he did, and lost the puck and the possession. it was the sort of play that keeps one from playing on the power play.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
That's Boston's system? Defensemen are supposed to leave the center of the ice to reach for pucks along the boards at the blue line?

Come on.

There are plenty of no shows and a few horror shows tonight. Could certainly make a case that loui is the former but he's a long way from the latter

That's hockey 101 pal. Not sure if you played or coached but that simple hockey mechanics in a game.

AND its not just Loui but that is example of a few of his problems. His foot speed is below average, doesn't have any puck presence and cant shoot worth a lick. His IQ of the system, sans his mistake tonight, and defensive game is all he has which is disappointing since he isn't the player from Dallas days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad