Bryan Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I think it was lousy of Simmons to put this info out there in that classic passive-aggressive style of his. If you want to drop a bomb, go ahead and drop it. If you aren't willing to say what you know, then shut the #%?! up. Now, of course, he is forcing Murray and the team to either confirm or deny, and he can put on his best smirk and claim that he didn't say anything.

This isn't about hockey - it's about a man's health, and he's entitled to a measure of privacy about it just like the rest of us. I am thinking the same thing the rest of you are, but until the team makes an announcement it's business as usual as far as I am concerned. Bryan Murray is the GM until someone from the club says differently...

Yeah, this says it all. If there is health stuff happening then the other media is being quiet about it for the moment while Simmons is mouthing off. Really poor taste.

And yes, completely agree that hockey is nothing when compared to health.

YOW

Nov 17, 2013
oceanview cabin
Wow, this is a hard blow for GMBM and for Sens fans. To be honest I think Simmons sucks. I was away camping for the weekend and picked up a Sun on the way home. I read his little bomb and immediately came here to see what was up.
If I did that so can many others. That just sucks for BM not to deal with whatever news in his own way.
I can only imagine what he knows and what he doesn't as of yet....now he's going to have to face the media music.

How gutless. You suck Simmons. :shakehead

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Bryan Murray is in his 70s, correct? Could be any number of things. I haven't seen any of the summer press conferences (been getting most of my info from these forums and listening to a bit of 1200) so I have no idea how he looks. If he has lost weight & colour in his face, it's definitely a bad sign.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Wow, this is a hard blow for GMBM and for Sens fans. To be honest I think Simmons sucks. I was away camping for the weekend and picked up a Sun on the way home. I read his little bomb and immediately came here to see what was up.
If I did that so can many others. That just sucks for BM not to deal with whatever news in his own way.
I can only imagine what he knows and what he doesn't as of yet....now he's going to have to face the media music.

How gutless. You suck Simmons. :shakehead

What did Simmons do exactly? It must of been taken off the site

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
What a heartless *******...

I think the issue is more that he outed the illness rather than what he had to say about it. This forces BM and/or the team to answer questions instead of being able to focus on getting better in peace. It also take away the ability to pick and choose the best time to make it all public.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I think the issue is more that he outed the illness rather than what he had to say about it. This forces BM and/or the team to answer questions instead of being able to focus on getting better in peace. It also take away the ability to pick and choose the best time to make it all public.

Exactly this.

If a man is sick, you let him be the one to break the news, if he even wants it made public in the first place.

CanadianGuest

Jul 14, 2012
Ontario
No vote.

Character assassination poll. If the guy does an average job, he's a 3/4 on your list. Perennial playoff team GM is a 7 on your list.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
No vote.

Character assassination poll. If the guy does an average job, he's a 3/4 on your list. Perennial playoff team GM is a 7 on your list.

five was meant to be competitive everything above that was suppose expect to make the playoffs. Now that i think about it people should probably ignore my options and just give him a grade out of ten based on there own opinion of what the numbers mean. mybe just scrap the whole poll. it doesnt seem fair to be critical of someone in his condition.

Last edited:

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
I found out more about the illness today... it isn't terminal but Dorion will definitely take over sooner than expected. This "mystery trade" will likely be the last major move that he takes the active lead on, at least for a little while. For anyone who knows B. Murray this couldnt be happening to a nicer guy. I have full faith he will continue to lead a rich and happy life but unfortunately this might very well end his hockey career earlier than he had intended. What a terrible week this has been for the Ottawa community. I shouldnt say any more than this but I hope even those who disagree with his moves as a GM keep him in their thoughts.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I may not always agree with his hockey choices but I love the guy. Awful news. I hope he can at least finish his contract in the advisory role. :(

We should do Bryan Murray avatars.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I found out more about the illness today... it isn't terminal but Dorion will definitely take over sooner than expected. This "mystery trade" will likely be the last major move that he takes the active lead on, at least for a little while. For anyone who knows B. Murray this couldnt be happening to a nicer guy. I have full faith he will continue to lead a rich and happy life but unfortunately this might very well end his hockey career earlier than he had intended. What a terrible week this has been for the Ottawa community. I shouldnt say any more than this but I hope even those who disagree with his moves as a GM keep him in their thoughts.
This ****en sucks ,Iam a big fan ,hopefully he gets into the hall before its too late .And for those of you that dont think he is worthy look at some of the players coaches and other gm ,s he helped get into the nhl .Guy has done tons for the sport :nod:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
five was meant to be competitive everything above that was suppose expect to make the playoffs. Now that i think about it people should probably ignore my options and just give him a grade out of ten based on there own opinion of what the numbers mean. mybe just scrap the whole poll. it doesnt seem fair to be critical of someone in his condition.
AGREED ,there is more to life than hockey .

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
:( Man, I've always loved the guy. Seemed to understand hockey brilliantly and had a great heart and compassion for the game. This is terrible news because I know that Murray wants nothing more than to win a cup and after Alfie, he's the guy I wanted to see raise it the most. I hope he still stays as "GM" and the boys support him with an amazing season and even a Cup. Nothing would be more perfect. Similar to how Chuck Pagano of the Colts got diagnosed and the Colts played unbelievably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad