Bryan Allen

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
I'm glad many of you guys aren't our GM because I don't think you have the patience for the job. Sure, his first game was not an all star performance but what did you expect? I saw things I liked and we need- a big body in front of the net clearing bodies from Carey. Chill out comrads and give him some time to get comfortable with new teammates.

Last edited:

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
I liked what I saw from him in his first game, getting off the plane, with no practice. He was obviously nervous on his first outing, but he didn't stand down from Lucic, and we need someone like that. Tinner will do that, maybe this year, maybe next. But he is obviously still green and unsure of his position with the team. It is surprising that Tinner isn't more confident and assertive given his play in the playoffs, so I think he needs more time in the AHL and perhaps some more call ups. If he starts to display some of the nastiness that his father had, and more aggression in front of the net, he will gain a full time position.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Seemed he has a brain size of a peanut to me last night with his ugly turnovers.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I'm glad many of you guys aren't our GM because I don't think you have the patience for the job. Sure, his first game was not an all star performance but what did you expect? I saw things I liked and we need- a big body in front of the net clearing bodies from Carey. Chill out comrads and give him some time to get comfortable with new teammates.
It's his decision making with the puck. That's his issue. He's been in the league long enough to know that if nothing is open, you don't force crap.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's his decision making with the puck. That's his issue. He's been in the league long enough to know that if nothing is open, you don't force crap.

He made some very good plays out there as well. The turnovers were a product of non familiarity.
Gonchar also turns the puck over on occasion but he just looks better doing it. :laugh:

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Personally, I'm surprised that we got someone like Allen for Bourque. Allen made some stupid moves, but I'm hoping it is hitters. But he gives us a big physical mobile defensemen, and if he learns our game, he should play better. I think he makes Gilbert expendable, and he gives someone for Tinordi to compete against. We will need big creasing defensemen who are mobile. I just hope his brain farts aren't his norm, bu playing 20 minutes for Anaheim, I can't believe he sucks that bad. I think he will be a top 4, and that we can now parlay Gilbert in to some forward help.

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
Personally, I'm surprised that we got someone like Allen for Bourque. Allen made some stupid moves, but I'm hoping it is hitters. But he gives us a big physical mobile defensemen, and if he learns our game, he should play better. I think he makes Gilbert expendable, and he gives someone for Tinordi to compete against. We will need big creasing defensemen who are mobile. I just hope his brain farts aren't his norm, bu playing 20 minutes for Anaheim, I can't believe he sucks that bad. I think he will be a top 4, and that we can now parlay Gilbert in to some forward help.

I hate to break it to you, but Allen is that bad. He was #8 on our depth chart and was only playing recently because we have a ton of injuries on our back end. And the part about him being mobile is laughable because he is one of the slower defencemen in the league. He also handles the puck like a grenade and turns it over all the time. If he is anywhere near your top 4, you are in serious trouble. He's a half-step above Douglas Murray at this point in his career.

That being said (and I'm not here to rain on your parade, just providing some insight. My dad is a die hard Habs fan and I still think you guys got the better end of the trade since Allen is a UFA), Allen will stand up for teammates, can clear the crease pretty well and is useful on the PK. I'll be surprised if Bourque can provide that much value for our team...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad