Sportsnet Bruins Won't Be Big Players in Trade Market.....And Really Don't Have to Be

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I don’t want them making trades at the deadline. Stop giving away draft picks. Start restocking young players. So go in with what they got, and then free agency get the important pieces needed. (Not third or fourth liners they got that covered).

As much as they are having success in the regular season I truly don’t believe they have enough to handle a playoff run, and they don’t have the assets to get the missing pieces which is why I think Free agency is their best spot to get what they need. Maybe they surprise in the playoffs and get hot at the right time but not expecting it.

If Sweeney spends draft capital to bring in a middling player that ends up replacing like Potrias in the line up I won’t be happy. They need these young guys to start to be counted on rather than pushed to the side for safety players.

I agree.

To me, they need two bangers.

I don't need a few more goals from a JAG or two. Yet, with the exception of last season, that's usually what Sweeney does.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I agree.

To me, they need two bangers.

I don't need a few more goals from a JAG or two. Yet, with the exception of last season, that's usually what Sweeney does.
Yep, to me those bangers need to be in the top 6. A couple of third fourth liners don’t do it. They need a Tkachuk honestly. That’s Easier said than done. I just feel while top 6 has some good players I just don’t think they have enough grit for a run. Marchand love the guy but not sure how he will hold up in the playoffs. Hes been in a bunch of battles. How will JVR hold up is another question as they are already sitting him out games. So basically it really falls all on Pasta and I think he is as good as he can get. The rest just not sure about either. It’s hard to be confident in guys that up until this year were secondary scorers or third liners that are now counted on as the go to guys. Possible they surprise though.

I just hope if they are 1 and done team that Sweeney takes an honest assessment and make some hard decisions that change the make up of the team. You can’t be like the Leafs, look at regular season and stats of players and be like they’ll figure it out. After a few stabs in the playoffs if you’re sputtering you can’t add new wheels, it’s time for a new engine.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
I would trade Ullmark. I know we have a good thing going with 2 No. 1’s but it’s a luxury we don’t need now that Swayman has solidified into a bonified top 5 goalie in the league and Bussi can back him up. Use the Ullmark trade/money for a top 2 Centre and lock Sway up on an 8 year deal.

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
I'll never count out dealing Don. He has had some solid TDLs in the past. He has some contracts/players that could fetch a good rental/possible ext.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad