Post-Game Talk: Bruins Win Season Opener 3-1

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Mahshmont looked out to lunch for pretty much the whole game. Ladyfan brought up a point that he looked "sad" all game long because he doesn't have his buddy with him. Lets see how long it takes him smarten up and get out of this funk. Something to keep an eye on because it will effect the play of his linemates too.

Last year Mcquaid/Ference was a scary combo when on the ice, so this year Krug better make sure he picks his spots well when he pinches in while in the offensive zone. Last night - bad pinch, Quader out of position, 4th line on ice = goal Bolts.

If Marchand is sad that his buddy got traded then he needs to get over it and fast. That line was a little out of sync but it was their first game. The chemistry is there just need to play a few more games.

Krejci was decent but he didn't have his normal zip which is likely because of his back..

Third line = awesome. We all know how I feel about Kelly. That penalty shot was unreal and all sorts of amazing. Caron got screwed but I like that it only motivated him more. Reilly Smith looked solid after he got over some initial nerves. He was in the thick of things and he was consistent.

4th line seemed a bit off. Paille was meh which surprised me. 1st game of the season so I'm not worried because I know they will turn it on.

I thought Dougie was awful to start but got better as the game went on. I thought he was indecisive and lacked confidence. I'd like to see Bartkowski in tomorrow's game.

Tuukka was great.

Some tweaks to be made but all in all, a good game.

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Saw this on Facebook. Love Claude's face.

Bruins%20%2838%29.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad