Post-Game Talk: Bruins win over Toronto 3-2

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
You guys that are piling on Horton did it the SC year too. He started off hot, got snakebit, and everybody was calling him ****** and blah blah blah

We know how that turned out, and a lot of you looked quite dumb.

I predict the same will happen. He was around the net getting chances tonight. Just unlucky. The effort was there.

This is actually true. In the playoffs he was a different player. Even Seidenberg who's excellent regardless stepped up in the post seasons. They seem like different players in the spring and summer.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Oh and I gotta say-one of Dougie's best games.

He was physical, poised and made some good decisions.

Johnson (other than the penalty) had a pretty good game. Even Ference looked a little better-although that turnover was dumb.

Lucic needs somebody speedy on his line-not a lumbering Horton who doesn't hit and won't take hits.

He mugged Macarthur (?) down behind the net once, it was awesome

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
You guys that are piling on Horton did it the SC year too. He started off hot, got snakebit, and everybody was calling him ****** and blah blah blah

I predict the same will happen. He was around the net getting chances tonight. Just unlucky. The effort was there.

I feel the same way; I thought he looked fine tonight. Just everybody's favorite whipping boy of the moment.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
That was probably the closest thing to a 60 minute effort I've seen all season. Wasn't picture perfect, but there really weren't any lapses in focus. Strong win. :handclap:

I like Lucic better away from Krejci. He thinks too much playing with "matrix" IMO.

Yep I actually thought the whole team regressed a bit when Cloode put the lines back. They had way better energy with the HLK line split up.

I thought Marchand was sub-par today too, but all in all a good team effort.

What a game by Dougie.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Good for Rask.

Doesn't appear Coach Julien feels Lucic is the "problem" w/ the LKH line. Amazing what Lucic could do if he had a wing who could spring him a little more often, huh? May be time for the hf vultures to look elsewhere.

Want to see a spot picker? Laffs captain. Sorry Chara didn't beat his face so swollen, it actually matched that movie screen like forehead of his. He wouldn't even look human.

They pretty much dominated that. Bergeron's line missed Marchand's finish. Something going on w/ a wrist or hand related injury w/ Marchand? I love Paille, but if you're done w/ the Lucic 3rd line experiment, why not try him there?

Territorially much better. Build on it.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Great win tonight... Finally came back and won one rather than the opposite of that. Hopefully that'll put some confidence back in them. Glad to see Lucic score, he was playing terrific. Speed and a physical force, we need more of that.

Only negative is Horton...

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Paille 5 shots
Lucic 2 shots
Krejci 3 shots

These are trends that will win us hockey games.

Horton 0 shots, and it really felt like he made questionable decisions all night. Few times he went for dangles when putting it deep in the corner would have been better.

Absolutely dominated in the dot tonight. Down 2-1 I bet the Bruins to win straight up. Knew it was gonna happen after Looch scored.

David Krejci*

Agreed. Horton will come up big when it really matters. I have no doubt about it.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Very nice comeback with the Habs coming up Wednesday - hopefully Boychuk is back...we need another righty back on the point for our cycle game.

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
Hopefully being down 2-0 to the friggin Leafs at home after already losing to them two nights ago will be rock bottom. I would love to see the Bruins face Toronto in the playoffs...assuming the B's stop playing like garbage of course.

Time to take over first Wednesday. Absolutely no excuse to lose to the Habs who have to play the best team in the East the night before.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I feel the same way; I thought he looked fine tonight. Just everybody's favorite whipping boy of the moment.

There always has to be somebody.

Wideman wasn't even that bad until he started getting booed in his own rink. Sure he would turn it over with a greater frequency than our other players, but he also added a different dimension to the team with his puck moving and shot. Everything started snowballing after a few *******s booed him at home.

Can't ever be ****ing happy.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Why didn't they use Kessel in the shootout? That's the only thing he's good at.

He usually goes fourth for some reason

They also never use Grabovski

Its kind of funny that the Leafs can't pick up a shootout win yet they keep benching Grabo and making Kessel go 4th haha

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Good for Rask.

Doesn't appear Coach Julien feels Lucic is the "problem" w/ the LKH line. Amazing what Lucic could do if he had a wing who could spring him a little more often, huh? May be time for the hf vultures to look elsewhere.

Want to see a spot picker? Laffs captain. Sorry Chara didn't beat his face so swollen, it actually matched that movie screen like forehead of his. He wouldn't even look human.

They pretty much dominated that. Bergeron's line missed Marchand's finish. Something going on w/ a wrist or hand related injury w/ Marchand? I love Paille, but if you're done w/ the Lucic 3rd line experiment, why not try him there?

Territorially much better. Build on it.

It was nice to see him put the puck on net. That net drive goal goal was a thing of beauty and people think he's slow:laugh:

I'm certain Marchand has something wrong with him. Usually when he struggles and it's jsut mental he's still pissing people off, but he's not doing that right now either.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I bet he prays every night that the Leafs don't face the Bruins in the playoffs.

that "top 9" is full of charmin. no surprise that burke was trying to infuse truculence by any means possible. sure, they have orr and mclaren who are tough on that 4th line, but i've never seen so many nancies peeling off of hits. if they miraculously make the playoffs, that's an easy mark.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

No, no it was not. He had chances yes, but he was a ghost and coasting yet again for a great majority of the game, just as he has for basically the last entire month and a half, except for the Caps game.

I hope he shows up in the playoffs again, that'd be great, but given what he's shown this year I don't see it.

Not to mention in 2010-11 when he was so snakebit for that good month, month a half, he was hitting people, giving effort, creating chances, etc. He just couldn't seem to finish. Frustrating? Yes, but a completely different situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad