Post-Game Talk: Bruins vs Penguins 3/12 @ 7:30 II

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
This needed to happen. I figured they would have learned against Philly that you don't sit back with the lead. 45 minutes left in the game and they decide to go into a shell. I don't want to take away from how well Pittsburgh played the boards in the offensive zone, but holy crap Claude.

Zdeno33Lucic*

Wow claude playing the 4th line with 58 seconds left absoloutely made me lose my ****!

Absoloutely pathetic! With the goalie out!

(Im not a claude hater before any of you say, "its one game calm down" )

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
So yeah, that happened :laugh:

Blowing third period leads, it's called Bruins.

Remember when we were so confident going into third periods, even if down by a couple goals? Man, those were the days.

Oh well. I'm so freaking exhausted that I don't even have the energy to be upset tonight, so that's a plus I guess.

the crazy part is this is almost the exact same team.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Who's that damn bi*** screaming so annoying all day long? I am sick and tired of it

Well, I guess you can lose in Pittsburgh, but there's no way you concende 3 goals within 3 minutes late in the 3rd period. And on top of that, I had to listen to the Penguins-station, no NESN for me tonight.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Pack it in, 3rd man high, D first with these goalies wont get-er don Claude. You need more pressure, more offense.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I get the defensive system, etc., but sitting on leads just isn't smart hockey. Especially against a high powered offense like Pitt.

I think they ended up with like 18 shots. 6 shots per period average against any team, let alone a team who fails at defense is an embarrassment.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Offense comes out firing... rather than lighting them up the gameplan is to back off and just to hold on... hold on... hold on rather than try and run Fleury out of the building.

Brilliant. That always works for us.

When the mentality is to dress players like Pandawful and hope to "break even" this is what you get.

Sorry, terrible mood on this wast of my evening game.

Yea, Pandolfo is terrible and Caron is just simply not an NHL player, but you dont beat good teams if your top guys continue to no show. K-L-H line once again a poor effort...especially H who barely looks like he cares about the game thats going on.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Keep sitting back on all these leads. ****

This is our teams biggest problem. Claude's so stubborn with his defensive stylings that when we get a lead no matter how early in the game he turns the team to defence only and it's panic hockey the rest of the way. Unfortunately, he hasn't clued in that it's really hurting this team and will not stop doing it. Rare mistake by Seids hurt us badly. Chia needs to pull the trigger on a trade badly because our weak depth is also starting to hurt. Pandolfo should never see the ice. I'll add it's time for Ference to get a rest and give Johnson a game.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Tired, 2 games in a row, whatever, no ****ing excuses. Not getting 2, let alone 1 point is absolutely sickening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad