Pre-Game Talk: BRUINS Vs. LEAFS pre-series talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
It's mind boggling how Claude has treated the 3rd line wing..

Peverley has 32-7-10-17 in his last two play-offs...and scored more goals last first round then Bergeron, Lucic, Marchand and Krejci combined.

Most of the team has sucked this regular season...wonder why Peverley is getting singled out here..

Peveley is one of the few vets Clode loves to put in his place. I doubt you would ever seen this done to Kelly, even though both have equally sucked for long stretches.

Claude clearly doesn't like Peverley. Been glaringly obvious most of this season, especially so after scratching him. Not sure why, you would think he's a Claude type- pesky, defensively responsible, fast. But agreed, there's some sort of friction there.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Claude clearly doesn't like Peverley. Been glaringly obvious most of this season, especially so after scratching him. Not sure why, you would think he's a Claude type- pesky, defensively responsible, fast. But agreed, there's some sort of friction there.

It surprises me as well. He can play up and down the lineup without looking glaringly out of place.

I think he is overpaid for his production, but that is a GM's problem not a coaches.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
It surprises me as well. He can play up and down the lineup without looking glaringly out of place.

I think he is overpaid for his production, but that is a GM's problem not a coaches.

Plus he is one of the few Bruins that seem to be able to consistently elevate his game in the play-offs... He turns it up it seems...

He's going to be a compliance buy out or trade at this point it seems.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Lines I would like to see:

Soderberg - Bergeron - Seguin
Lucic - Krejci - Horton
Marchand - Kelly - Jagr
Paille - Campbell - Thornton
Peverley/Dogman

You have 3 scoring lines and 1 energy line.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
The last regular(Lucic) to wear a green jersey at practice was scratched the following game. What makes you think that the same won't happen? I can't think of anything. Why wouldn't you practice with the lines you plan on playing?

See my previous post. Julien said the lineup isn't set.

The coaching staff doesn't just throw guys out on the ice in a playoff series. They consider everything - how players are practicing, how they're feeling (illness, injury), what the matchups are, how certain players/combinations have performed against the opponent, and vice versa, the current state of the opponent, and on and on it goes. I would believe that following practice today Julien and his staff are putting in a significant amount of time working out various scenarios, and it will continue tomorrow. And throughout the series as well.

Sometimes I wish HBO would do a 24/7 on the Bruins so people would realize how much work these guys put in. They're not assigning players roles based on how much they like them and then going out and having a few beers. It ain't the '70s anymore.

Addendum - this isn't addressed to you, specifically, Patty. I know you know better.

Last edited:

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
I hope at least one or possibly two of Pevs and the Yeti are fighting flu like symptoms if either is truly benched over DogagonnagetbannedifIputwhatI'mthinking

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Pevs has been the worst Bruin all season. Good on Clode for sitting him. Won't be disappointed to see him dealt at the draft either.

jmeehan1985

Jan 3, 2012
I think it's funny how many so called Bruins fans are taking the leafs in this series. Lets be real here Toronto has no goaltending. Kessel hasn't produced against us. The only player that might do something is Kadri. Bruins in 5

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
The difference will be Rask and Boston's depth on offense.

Bruins with the sweep due to goaltending/offensive depth.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
I think it's funny how many so called Bruins fans are taking the leafs in this series. Lets be real here Toronto has no goaltending. Kessel hasn't produced against us. The only player that might do something is Kadri. Bruins in 5

I think Bozak has been quite the Bruins "killer". Seems like he's always involved in goals against

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario

Reimer Career v. BOS: 4-4-1, .917sv%
Reimer 2012/13 v. BOS: 1-1-1, .948sv%

I wouldn't say we have no goaltending.

GodTukka*

Let's not pretend Toronto is a sucky team

And don't forget guys like Grabovski, MacArthur, etc

Toronto played Boston incredibly close this year (the biggest margin being a 4-2 win for us, one was a EN)

eskimo7737

Sep 23, 2006
The Bruins in 6, let's hope they don't make another average goalie look like the second coming of Ken Dryden.. they should take this series, there is no excuses not too.

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006
I agree with this. Claude considers several factors when formulating his lines. He is conservative, yes but he considers several things.
However there is such a thing as missing the forest through the trees. Peveley is capable of much more than Daugavins, period. Claudes is trying to do two things here: eliminate mistakes and lapses in concentration and reward a player who played well in our last game and who generally gives you a good efort. It isn't set in stone but Claude is making a basic mistake here.

I think many of Claude's head-scratching decisions can be explained via reward/punishment theory. Bizarre shootout choices often include somebody who had a great game; 4th liners getting significant PP time or icetime when the game's on the line in the waning minutes; scratches in playoff games. In this case it's not that he thinks Daugavins is better than Peverley, he thinks that by rewarding Daugavins and punishing Peverley the rest of the team will see this and respond accordingly, thus creating an overall benefit. "You play like Daugavins on Sunday? You'll get icetime. You play like Peverley...you'll get no icetime."

I'm not saying I agree with this kind of thinking, I've just found that over the years it helps explain Claude.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Daug played well, I like his tenacity. Not sure he's the answer to the lineup questions but at least he's not Jay Pandolfo. My guess is this might be a bit of a jab at Pevs to get him going. It's surprising to me not because it's not like Claude to put a mucker out there but because he loves center depth and PK depth and Pevs provides both those things along with versatility.

End of the day, my guess is we see Kelly on LW and Pevs slot into C, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Claude roll the practice lines for G1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad