Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposal - VI - (MOD in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Couple of quick late venting thoughts/ comments:

Schenn, for context, was last traded for two first round picks and a cap dump. 27th one year (2017) and 14th overall (2018), though I’d argue Philly didn’t think the second pick would be that high. He has less term now and is a UFA in essentially a season and a half. He’s not old or young; I could see why he’d be moved or not. I do recall him speaking out last trade deadline, negatively, regarding the Stastny trade.

Kovar: I’d argue and he and his agent Walsh are being creative within the limits of the CBA. They’re gambling. But if he bolts, is he really worth it any way?

While he might be usurping current prospects, they’re either not in a league where we can call them up, injured or are in the process of squandering their current opportunity. If he can assist us (pun intentional) with secondary scoring and we maintain defense, then I see no harm.

Reactions: maxl7

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I was thinking if Krug was to be traded for lets say a Brayden Schenn swap, it leaves a relatively big gap on the PP, particularly a left handed assist machine with vision. Remember, Spooner use to play on that half wall and now you see Krug working effectively there. Its a super important position and tough to replace.

So how about trading for Zuccarello afterwards? He fills in for the right wing depth and works that half-wall on PP1. Krug is good for about 18/19 assists there. Zucc had 16 last year and with the talent of our first line, I think he would fit well enough to fill it admirably.

Yes he's a FA, currently injured, past 30 and isn't the biggest guy out there but all the more reason he could be an affordable savvy deadline deal to fill missing shoes. Maybe just a 2nd + so Sweeney can sleep happily with his first rounder. I would feel pretty good rolling into the playoffs with this.

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Debrusk Krejci Zuccarello
Heinen Schenn Backes
Nordstrom Kuraly Wagner

Chara McAvoy
Moore Carlo
Gryz Killer

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Why? You want him here?

Jokim Nordstrom is the 4th leading goal scorer on this team....

God forbid anyone prefer a proven 20+ goal scorer from a year ago who also possesses size and a rounded defensive game. Why would anyone want that player. ****ing joke.

Rick Nash is a good addition as long as you are not expecting a 40-50 goal power forward.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Last we knew, Rick Nash suffered a bad concussion during the PO’s and is hesitant to continue playing hockey. Who knows what kind of shape he is in now? He’s been absolutely silent since the postseason ended.

I honestly find it bizarre that so many people are still throwing out the idea of bringing him back as a possibility for a team trying to find promising offensive assets.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I’d ask for St Louis native Trent Frederic in any deal and of course Vaakanainen :laugh:

And I’d pass
Including Vaak in a Toffoli deal is a hard no for me. Guy just doesn't move the needle enough IMO.

Schenn on the other hand, I'd have to think about it, but not Frederic AND Vaak, hell no.

As far as prospects go, Vaakanainen, Studnicka, Keyser, and Lauko are my top shelf guys that you better blow me away if you want them. I don't like to use the word "untouchable" but those guys are close to it. Everyone else is on the table for a reasonable deal, but there are obviously some I'd rather trade than others.

Something around Frederic & Zboril for Schenn seems like a fair starting point to a deal, but my bias is probably creeping in here.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Two trade ideas:

To LA
One of Bjork or Heinen
JFK
Cehlarik

To Bos.
Kempe
Toffoli

To StL.
Frederic
Zboril
Backes (25% Retained) assuming Backes waives his NMC to go back to the Blues.

To Bos.
Schenn

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Toffoli
Kempe- Schenn - Heinen/Bjork
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

Last edited:
Reactions: Strafer and Dizzay

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Last we knew, Rick Nash suffered a bad concussion during the PO’s and is hesitant to continue playing hockey. Who knows what kind of shape he is in now? He’s been absolutely silent since the postseason ended.

I honestly find it bizarre that so many people are still throwing out the idea of bringing him back as a possibility for a team trying to find promising offensive assets.
I am but I’ve been told I can be pretty bizarre at times

Until that d bag Cedric Paquette went out of his way to cheap shot Nash and concuss him he was playing very well

Concussions are game changer

If I’m GM my number 1 on the list is does Nash want to play and with us

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I am but I’ve been told I can be pretty bizarre at times

Until that d bag Cedric Paquette went out of his way to cheap shot Nash and concuss him he was playing very well

Concussions are game changer

If I’m GM my number 1 on the list is does Nash want to play and with us

The more the merrier...I doubt the bruins want more concussed on the team.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
And if they got Tavares and Marner and Karlsson and McDavid they'd be scary as **** too!
I'm not entirely sure why my post leads to Tavares, Marner, Karlsson and McDavid?

We have stock piled the cupboards with nice young prospects. Our core is aging and we have an owner/President who both want a Cup in Boston/3-4 rounds of playoff revenue. Both players I proposed to acquire are on teams looking to make significant changes. Both players are in a good age range on decent contracts.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Jokim Nordstrom is the 4th leading goal scorer on this team....

God forbid anyone prefer a proven 20+ goal scorer from a year ago who also possesses size and a rounded defensive game. Why would anyone want that player. ****ing joke.

Rick Nash is a good addition as long as you are not expecting a 40-50 goal power forward.

Here's the rationale for my ****ing joke question.

1. He wasn't good enough to make a difference last season
2. He hasn't played an NHL game in 8 months
3. Why would he sign here on the cheap? And if he wouldn't sign on the cheap, he limits your options to add others. And since you know from last season that a healthy (for a while) Rick Nash wasn't enough to put you over the top or close to it, why would you choose the same strategy?

There needs to be clarification here when we talk about Nash. If folks think he's gonna come here on some cheap, 1 year deal and doesn't prevent the Bruins from adding a better piece, then sure, ABSOLUTELY take him back. But if people think he's the answer to our offensive problems and can be the major addition, I think they're out of their minds.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
I'm not entirely sure why my post leads to Tavares, Marner, Karlsson and McDavid?

We have stock piled the cupboards with nice young prospects. Our core is aging and we have an owner/President who both want a Cup in Boston/3-4 rounds of playoff revenue. Both players I proposed to acquire are on teams looking to make significant changes. Both players are in a good age range on decent contracts.

Because it's unrealistic. Fitting both Schenn and Toffoli under the cap would basically be impossible. You'd certainly have to move out Krug to fit one of them and then also get rid of Backes mid-season, which is extremely, extremely unlikely.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Here's the rationale for my ****ing joke question.

1. He wasn't good enough to make a difference last season
2. He hasn't played an NHL game in 8 months
3. Why would he sign here on the cheap? And if he wouldn't sign on the cheap, he limits your options to add others. And since you know from last season that a healthy (for a while) Rick Nash wasn't enough to put you over the top or close to it, why would you choose the same strategy?

There needs to be clarification here when we talk about Nash. If folks think he's gonna come here on some cheap, 1 year deal and doesn't prevent the Bruins from adding a better piece, then sure, ABSOLUTELY take him back. But if people think he's the answer to our offensive problems and can be the major addition, I think they're out of their minds.
I think fans who are expecting Sweeney to acquire a 30 goal scorer are destined to be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad