Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposal IX- Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
McDavid and Seguin would be down right lethal, but do you really think PC would deal for Seguin and would Dallas want another big salary back:dunno:

If you go back and watch the behind the b episode when they trade Seguin, PC seems like the only one whose hesitate about it.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
If you go back and watch the behind the b episode when they trade Seguin, PC seems like the only one whose hesitate about it.

I didn't see it that way. Sweeney looked like he wasn't too impressed with the idea but PC admits he'd been shopping him and wanted the others opinions on it.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'm not really sure what to do with this team. They are so up and down, but have yet to ice a fully healthy line-up. I don't want to make a big trade that is short sighted, but you can't sit and do nothing. Sweeney and Co. are not in a easy spot right now and I have a feeling no matter what they do, people will be outraged about it.
Congrats on your twins - to health, happiness, good fortune.

They flat out puked all over themselves last two games - that Marchand non call and salt in the wound goal so early was like waking up an hour late.

I wished Cassidy had called time out right there called the ref over and gave him pointing to the video on the bench. Then he should have got his team together and said ‘reset’ guys. We are starting from here and let’s take it to them dig in.

They will eventually be fine

2011 Bruins went 0-6-1 in March less then 100 days from Cup clincher with 3 goal losses to Montreal and Toronto in that 7 game streak

Baltimore Orioles HOF manager Earl Weaver said in 1983 the Orioles won 104 games and WS and had 2 separate 8 game losing streaks

Bruins need to make playoffs and be healthy and see what happens

I’ll take 7th or 8th I don’t care you don’t lose series on message boards

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

They flat out puked all over themselves last two games - that Marchand non call and salt in the wound goal so early was like waking up an hour late.

I wished Cassidy had called time out right there called the ref over and gave him pointing to the video on the bench. Then he should have got his team together and said ‘reset’ guys. We are starting from here and let’s take it to them dig in.

2011 Bruins went 0-6-1 in March less then 100 days from Cup clincher with 3 goal losses to Montreal and Toronto in that 7 game streak

Baltimore Orioles HOF manager Earl Weaver said in 1983 the Orioles won 104 games and WS and had 2 separate 8 game losing streaks

Bruins do not get help soon they very well could miss playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fenian24

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

I like optimistic Dan a little better than sarcastic Dan but it's close

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
I didn't see it that way. Sweeney looked like he wasn't too impressed with the idea but PC admits he'd been shopping him and wanted the others opinions on it.

This is missing some of the show. Sweeney said we’ll miss his speed and skill.

Reactions: compan and TCB

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Bruins do not get help soon they very well could miss playoffs.

If you look at the 9-10 teams that might pass them it would take some serous effort to miss playoffs

But if both goalies were waived to minors... bergeron was loaned to the swiss league... marchand got a 40 game suspension... pastrnak developed a video game add8ction AND we got no help... yeah, ok, when i take the time to look i see im wrong. We very well could miss playoffs

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I AM outraged that no matter whether they're up or down Sweeney stays the course: And does nothing. When they win "why make a trade we're in good shape." When they lose and have injuries "we don't want to appear desperate." When they're .500 the Bruins "brain-trust" is evaluating. There is always an excuse for mediocrity!

Im my 40 years here... i think jacobs has a strategy for the front office... keep things quiet

I think this culture was established more than 40 years ago. I think the jacobs family likes to avoid headlines

I cant remember many loud front office people but the ones i remember got fired quick

Don cherry won... but was gone
Mike oconnell blew a gasket.. and was gone
Didnt take long to get rid of kasper

And mad mike milbury groomed 1 moment gone next

Even our players... buck the system and byebye

Feels to me... thats the bruin way and its from top down

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

What i loved was the vindication for me... and i apologize to any insiders who feel offended by what im about to say

All the year i posted here that the indicators said he would be shopped and dealt. I posted several trade suggestions. I gave many reasons why he was very possible getting shopped and sent out the door

I even brought up thornton and said history shows us we might not get a return we want

I suggested seguin for ovechkin with salary retained and i was told my ideas are aweful

I was told other teams might want seguin but we were definitely not shopping him

Anyhow... its rare we can say we were right. Heaven only knows ive been wrong many times...

But i loved LOVED loved watching this behind the b's

A chance to be right for me was worth letting seguin be traded for crap :)

Reactions: Strafer

gvkmedia

Let’s fight through this….
Mar 2, 2002
Kingsville
www.hollandbloorview.ca
What i loved was the vindication for me... and i apologize to any insiders who feel offended by what im about to say

All the year i posted here that the indicators said he would be shopped and dealt. I posted several trade suggestions. I gave many reasons why he was very possible getting shopped and sent out the door

I even brought up thornton and said history shows us we might not get a return we want

I suggested seguin for ovechkin with salary retained and i was told my ideas are aweful

I was told other teams might want seguin but we were definitely not shopping him

Anyhow... its rare we can say we were right. Heaven only knows ive been wrong many times...

But i loved LOVED loved watching this behind the b's

A chance to be right for me was worth letting seguin be traded for crap :)

I've read your posts - as long as they are sometimes, and love your passion for the team. Yeah, alot of them are out there and a bit nonsensical but at least you had the guts to throw them out there.

I am glad you felt vindicated to a degree.

So what do you think about the next 60 days????
Just asking...

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Thanks, sleep has become a premium haha. I've been able to keep watching games, but only in bits and pieces lol.

Ursus8

May 14, 2009
With the play of Halak this season I think it's time for Tuukka to go. He has an 8 team NTL this season I believe which bumps to a 15 team list next year. I'd try to trade him to STL.
Bos: Vladamir Tarasenko
STL: Tuukka Rask
++++???

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I've read your posts - as long as they are sometimes, and love your passion for the team. Yeah, alot of them are out there and a bit nonsensical but at least you had the guts to throw them out there.

I am glad you felt vindicated to a degree.

So what do you think about the next 60 days????
Just asking...

Ive never ever predicted any trade man for man... but last year i had the team fairly well predicted

I said no chance we were in on rick nash... but i said i felt jarome iginla was possible. My reasoning a big winger for krejci and a vet leader

I also was predicting pat maroon saying we would want some muscel

I predicted a left shot puck mover

We ended up with gionta, nash, holden, wingles

I also predicted vatrano and postma were hot garbage...

I was off on who we got... but not off alot what we were after

This year... im thinking... we could be after a big ticket. My instincts zero in on jeff carter but he says he will retire

Im thinking the team wants a right shot wing
Im thinking they want a center
Im thinking cap space is limited

My prediction i want to make is we sign nash and berglund as ufa... but im not sure either will play

Im watching the situation in columbus and wondering how happy are they with riley nash? Would they retain salary?

The closer we get to deadline the more i would expect wayne Simmonds name to be discussed

More waiver wire activity like smith is a possibility

But all in all... im not surprised if the team holds its pattern next 30 days and frustrates us with no moves

Need to get healthy before we can see what we got... and the kids may improve over next 30-60 days

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Ive never ever predicted any trade man for man... but last year i had the team fairly well predicted

I said no chance we were in on rick nash... but i said i felt jarome iginla was possible. My reasoning a big winger for krejci and a vet leader

This year... im thinking... we could be after a big ticket. My instincts zero in on jeff carter but he says he will retire

My prediction i want to make is we sign nash and berglund as ufa... but im not sure either will play

Im watching the situation in columbus and wondering how happy are they with riley nash? Would they retain salary?

The closer we get to deadline the more i would expect wayne Simmonds name to be discussed

But all in all... im not surprised if the team holds its pattern next 30 days and frustrates us with no moves

Need to get healthy before we can see what we got... and the kids may improve over next 30-60 days
It's really starting to feel as though they may not get more than a few games all season with a full roster with no injuries. If that's the case
you fill the spots that you KNOW are depleted (3C/RW) and if/when guys come back you deal with it on a game to game basis. IMO it's
silly to be waiting and waiting to see WHAT you have when you know THAT you have: TWO BIG HOLES!

Last edited:
Reactions: PlayMakers and TCB

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
SO let's go full circle here from that Seguin trade and draft...

...do the Bruins target Taylor Hall with one more year at 6.0 million? Is he resigning in New Jersey or would the Ference comments scare you away?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Everyone has moved on from Nash. Both Nash's in fact. Nordstrom is Riley Nash 2.0. Wagner as well. More than suitable.

It's the other Nash hole that was never filled that is causing problems. Hell, Rick Nash didn't even fill that one. We could call it the Lucic or Horton hole for that matter.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

...do the Bruins target Taylor Hall with one more year at 6.0 million? Is he resigning in New Jersey or would the Ference comments scare you away?
for reference:
Andrew Ference goes nuclear, rips terrible practice habits, party atmosphere of 2013-15 Edmonton Oilers

it should be noted that Ference didn't name names and that clearly Hall turned a major corner once he was traded. I definitely put a lot of weight in what a guy like Ference says and believe every word of it, but also have to think that was long enough ago that it shouldn't be an issue now. Also if your culture is that toxic it's 100% on management to do something about it, and that something doesn't necessarily have to be "trade away all the guys participating in it". Guys joking about not trying hard in practice...that's in large part on the coaches and management for not holding anyone accountable. Hockey's largely an affluent white men's sport so you're always going to have to deal with these young kids who are a bit entitled. I'd much rather see my team correct those behaviors than just trade them away ala Seguin and Hall.

Anyway my bigger concern with Hall would be the cost to acquire. It would be great to get him at the $6 million price tag, but if you don't sign him long-term you've given up a ton for basically a rental. Anyway as much as I like him as a player I don't think he's what they need per se. He's a franchise type player. They don't need to aim that high, they just need a reliable scorer for the 2nd line.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

What Ference comments? Did Ference mention Hall in particular or at all in the article? I didn't see any names of the guilty mentioned. I didn't watch the video so there's that. IMO Taylor Hall was born to be a Boston Bruin.

Last edited:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
What Ference comments? Did Ference mention Hall in particular or at all in the article? I didn't see any names of the guilty mentioned. I didn't watch the video so there's that. IMO Taylor Hall was born to be a Boston Bruin.
ference was injured when it hit the fan here in Edmonton... probably halfway through his second season. ference is a classy guy and avoided naming names

but it was widely tossed around on the talk shows who he was calling out. the fans sided with hall. they didn't have any problem calling a guy out. who is this 5th dman to be questioning our teams best player the fans said. why did we ever make this joke the captain?

so... this goes back. and trust me lots of other sources in Edmonton said the same thing. this goes right back to the legendary boys on the bus who celebrated their reputations for party drugs and benders on the town.

moving up to the in and out stays for pronger and peca… with some wife rumors tossed in for good measure.

this locker room/off ice team has had more than its share of problems

they bragged how they talked Justin Schultz into signing... sending hall... with the sales pitch come to Edmonton and party with us

yakupov gets run off and cries in his interview in st louis how he was ostracised in Edmonton

I mean... theres a lot of smoke around this fire

the fight between nurse and draisaitl in the locker room last year that everyone hush hushed... and then the collapse of the team

ive said this locker room is too fractured to win for 10-15 years and ive been right. is Hitchcock finally the man strong enough to get it changed? no one else has managed

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
I 1,000% would love to target Hall if he makes it known he won’t re-sign in NJ. If he does test the waters, I expect the Bruins to be competitive and I think we can pull it off. Was it his Mom, him or both that were/are big Bruins fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad