Post-Game Talk: Bruins Sweep Pens with 1-0 win

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
Oh incidentally, one other thing. I went to Temple this morning and there was a Bar Mitzvah with some out of town guests. I didn't realize until there was hissing after the Bruins win was mentioned from the pulpit that those out of towners were from Pittsburgh. ******g whiners. :laugh::laugh:It's a ******n Boston area synagogue so are we supposed to mourn for the sweep of the Penguins ? I think not.

Also, my oldest is in Philly. She reported that the only fans as happy as we are to see the Pens go down are all the Flyers fans.:D One of her friends sent a picture of a broom that said **** Pittsburgh. Some rivalries are better than others.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
Goodness. Haven't quite digested this yet. Fantastic effort. Hold the freaking beastly talented Pens to two measly goals over four games? Unbelievable! This team is just awesome.

Oh, and Tuukka, I adore you, even though I read somewhere you don't like swedes. That's ok, just keep doing your thing!

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I realize the Bruins just beat the Penguins in 4 games, never trailed, held Pittsburgh to just two goals, and destroyed the silly notion that they were a fluke two years ago....

....BUT.....

....how much easier would it have been if they had played Anthony Camara?

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I realize the Bruins just beat the Penguins in 4 games, never trailed, held Pittsburgh to just two goals, and destroyed the silly notion that they were a fluke two years ago....

....BUT.....

....how much easier would it have been if they had played Anthony Camara?

We probably would've swept em in 3.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
john-krasinski-300.jpg

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
So who's working on the Penguins new avatars:sarcasm:. Oh that's right they don't engage in such childish bets:laugh:.

Sounds like the Tampa Dolts fans the last time we made it to the finals. Remember the amount of **** they gave Lady Rhian for daring to suggest a bet like this ? Seems like just yesterday.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
that's a pretty impossible guy to replace though - hopefully he can stay an elite defender for a few more seasons.
loved seeing them cut his PP minutes last night. krug should be running the first 1:20 or so, and chara gets the
last piece of it. by next year, you've got krug and hamilton - chara's almost unnecessary on PP.

Yes,Chara is impossible to replace. I hope LA wins tonight,so Chara can get a week's rest.With a rested Chara the Bruins will be very tough to beat.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
After watching the Crosby interview I've lost a lot of the respect that I had for him. I can understand not giving your opponent credit during the series, although Boston players did just that, but after you get swept you should at least give the other guys a little bit of credit. **** him.

Hey. It was just bad bounces. Otherwise it was the Pens' series to win.
They were right there. Just 14 goals short. Totally unlucky.

When Sid's all done playing, I'm sure he'll make a great coach.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Before putting this series in the rear view mirror, I just had to go back and look up the "expert" prognostications at Puck Daddy. Gold, Jerry, gold...

Crosby and Malkin spearhead two of hockey's deadliest lines, and I think it's going to give Claude Julien matchup problems. If these guys are on the same line, you throw Zdeno Chara and the Patrice Bergeron line over the boards and you shut them down as a five-man unit. But you can't do that when Crosby comes off and Malkin comes on. Chara's going to see a ton of minutes versus both guys, but Dan Bylsma isn't going to have to work all that hard to get one of his two MVPs away from Chara fairly often.

You have to figure the only way they even come close to putting Pittsburgh away is if they take two penalties all series. Their PK is the worst of any team remaining by a healthy margin, while the Pittsburgh power play is running at a ludicrous 28.3 percent. If this turns into any kind of special teams battle, the Bruins are going to be in a lot of trouble.

Boston squeaked by the Maple Leafs - if Game 7 was 57 minutes long instead of 60, the Leafs would be playing the Penguins right now. I'm not sold on the Bruins this year at all - they're not playing to their potential even half the time, and it will finally cost them. They barely beat the most inexperienced team in the league and then they got past a broken team with a lame-duck coach. The party is over now, here come the Penguins.

I just eat this stuff up with a spoon. :laugh:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...3-stanley-cup-playoffs-round-3-154236868.html

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad