Post-Game Talk: Bruins squeak by Habs 2-1

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
...come in peace...

Here's what I wrote on Habs' board few minutes ago :

"I was impressed yesterday by the Bruins, even if they didn't play their best game. They're calm and solid, confident, and it shows that they play together for a few years, under the same system. They perfectly know where each others are, to the contrary of the Habs' lines who sometime seems disorganized. The passes from d-fense to offense (and vice versa) are accurate and efficient. There is not that much difference in terms of talent between the 2 teams, but milage is one. Give Habs 1 or 2 more years to play inside this system and under the same coaches and they'll be ready to challenge the Bruins over a full season.

And man, was I impressed by Bergeron last night. Always at the right place, always making the right decisions. A very intelligent player. Certainly one of the most underrated player in the league. I'm sure he's the player every coach in the league would want to have. He'll be in Sotchi for team Canada, again, I'm sure of that."

Congrats for yesterday's "short" win.

I really think the Bruins are in line for a second Stanley Cup. I don't see any team in the conference to challenge the Bruins over a 7 games series -- but true, surprise always happens. And if Hamilton uses the next 40 games to "sit" comfortably as a NHLer, ouch!

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
...come in peace...

Here's what I wrote on Habs' board few minutes ago :

"I was impressed yesterday by the Bruins, even if they didn't play their best game. They're calm and solid, confident, and it shows that they play together for a few years, under the same system. They perfectly know where each others are, to the contrary of the Habs' lines who sometime seems disorganized. The passes from d-fense to offense (and vice versa) are accurate and efficient. There is not that much difference in terms of talent between the 2 teams, but milage is one. Give Habs 1 or 2 more years to play inside this system and under the same coaches and they'll be ready to challenge the Bruins over a full season.

And man, was I impressed by Bergeron last night. Always at the right place, always making the right decisions. A very intelligent player. Certainly one of the most underrated player in the league. I'm sure he's the player every coach in the league would want to have. He'll be in Sotchi for team Canada, again, I'm sure of that."

Congrats for yesterday's "short" win.

I really think the Bruins are in line for a second Stanley Cup. I don't see any team in the conference to challenge the Bruins over a 7 games series -- but true, surprise always happens. And if Hamilton uses the next 40 games to "sit" comfortably as a NHLer, ouch!

Nice post, but the Bruins looked very chaotic in their own end for big parts of the game. Mostly due to your team's hard forechecking. Rask was in the zone and except for an unlucky redirect, would've got a shutout.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Amazing? They allowed tons of goals as well. I believe they were around +-0.

They allowed "tons of goals"? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but Lucic, Krejci and Seguin were together a few times totaling only over a handful of shifts last season, right?.. I don't think it was ever an actual established line, Seguin just filled in when Horton was in the box or something.

Again, I could be wrong.

But yeah.. Lucic and Seguin just click. For two guys who don't play on the same line, they just seem to know exactly where each other are on the ice..

Seguin's speed to push back the D, Lucic's ability to keep the D back with his net presence and Krejci's ability to slow the game down and feather passes through. This is a line to be reckoned with and I hope Claude keeps them together.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Nice post, but the Bruins looked very chaotic in their own end for big parts of the game. Mostly due to your team's hard forechecking. Rask was in the zone and except for an unlucky redirect, would've got a shutout.

In fact, that's what had me impressed, in a way. I agree they looked chaotic in the first period, but at the same time, they never looked panicked, and from there, they slowly took control of the game. Of course Habs had some other "moments", like in any game agaisnt any team, but it showed that the Bruins knew they could overcome Habs' forechecking at some point. Of course Rask's play helped greatly, but the goalie is also part of a good team. I found that the way the Bruins slowly took control of the game was typical of a top tier team and cup contender.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
In fact, that's what had me impressed, in a way. I agree they looked chaotic in the first period, but at the same time, they never looked panicked, and from there, they slowly took control of the game. Of course Habs had some other "moments", like in any game agaisnt any team, but it showed that the Bruins knew they could overcome Habs' forechecking at some point. Of course Rask's play helped greatly, but the goalie is also part of a good team. I found that the way the Bruins slowly took control of the game was typical of a top tier team and cup contender.

You sure you're a Habs fan? :confused:

Niz Bruin

Oct 7, 2008
Perth, Australia

Really? Good lord - I thought that first period (and parts of the second) was amongst the Bruins worst this season. We were a minute in and I said out loud to the TV screen "Oh god, this will not end well".

In part the Habs forechecking did back off as the game went on - as you'd expect, because the pace was pretty high in that first period.

B's did ok considering the holes in their roster right now. Squeaking wins out when injuries are piling up is a good sign at least.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario

LOL hey there are some that are actually hockey fans. Most of my Habs friends are real hockey heads. They can actually analyze a game and not be pro MTL. And then I also have friends who argue thier point by saying "We have 24 cups!" These guys I do not talk hockey with because its just a waste of time.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal

lol. Yes I am. And a hardcore one! But that doesn't mean I can't recognize well played hockey.

I'm not sure why, but it had been a long time I saw that sort of silent confidence in a team from the Eastern conference. I would say the last time was during the best years of the New Jersey Devils (with Scott Stevens, Niedermeyer and co).

Of course there were other great teams like the Penguins, the Flyers, but those teams were always playing like if they had something to proove. The Bruins I saw yesterday was a team that KNEW they were good.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Really? Good lord - I thought that first period (and parts of the second) was amongst the Bruins worst this season. We were a minute in and I said out loud to the TV screen "Oh god, this will not end well".

In part the Habs forechecking did back off as the game went on - as you'd expect, because the pace was pretty high in that first period.

B's did ok considering the holes in their roster right now. Squeaking wins out when injuries are piling up is a good sign at least.

I know. But that's the mark of a good team. They were chaotic but never panicked. They let the storm passed, thanks in great part to Rask, and then played the perfect road game. If they can win that game, there's not much other teams can do. Of course the Bruins will lose some and play plain badly in some games, but that won't change my mind: your team has the talent, milage and confidence to go far in the playoffs.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I honestly think the b's should sit a skater when on the pp and skate 4 on 4.

Too funny Darren....but realistically I think the B's just have to get lots of shots on net on the PP (preferably accurate wrist shots) and crash the net more, instead of trying to be too fancy.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Would be the best move by a coach ever if CJ only sent out 4 players during the PP. :D

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
LadyFan, the TSN broadcast was unbearable. Cuthbert and Johnson sounded like they were watching the flying frenchman of 1976!!! I was sick

Who was the stupid announcer who called Chara "Chair ra" Drove me nuts.

You would think someone calling games could get Z's name down...It isn't that difficult.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012

You would think someone calling games could get Z's name down...It isn't that difficult.

I bet not a single announcer in NA ever pronounced his name the right way. ;)

Last edited:

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

Bob Cole, I think? He also called van Riemsdyke "Ram Viemsdyke" which must have taken some real effort. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad