Rumor: Bruins Sign Zane McIntyre

Richard Murray

Jun 25, 2007
Boston, MA
Terrific news if true. Was really worried we were gonna lose him for nothing.

Especially with Subban's potential. He's boom or bust, much like Rask was... Trading him makes sense but you have to wonder 8 years down the line... Do we end up on the other side of a Rask-Raycroft?

Rask is young enough still that this doesn't matter. He'll likely still be the starting goalie 8 years from now... I'd move Subban if it makes sense in a deal.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Wouldn't mind a BIG goalie as our back up. Fill more of the net.

We've had Thomas and Rask of late, two smaller guys in net.

Lindback, Anders 6'6"

Not sure if he is any good. Names like Enroth and Neuvirth used to be full of promise. Guess they all failed.

At 6'2"/6'3" Rask is now considered a Small goalie? :help:

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Luongo was supposed to play in Vancouver for what 12 yrs? You just never know. Some goalies decline in performance.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Wouldn't mind a BIG goalie as our back up. Fill more of the net.

We've had Thomas and Rask of late, two smaller guys in net.

Lindback, Anders 6'6"

Not sure if he is any good. Names like Enroth and Neuvirth used to be full of promise. Guess they all failed.

Rask, Tuukka 6'3''

Is that considered small to you or have you really had no idea?

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I would be in no rush to start messing with our goaltending depth, although it is tempting when it's our position of strength.

I don't think Subban's NHL debut did much of anything to hurt his value but unless someone is willing to get goofy with an offer I don't look to move him. I don't see him carrying the kind of value right now to get that. McIntyre still needs to prove himself at this level as well.

You just don't know where you're going to be as an organization a few years from now. I don't expect any surprises from Rask's play but that might not be what it's about.

If we're not getting anywhere with him, whether or not his play is at fault, it may make sense to go younger and cheaper if Subban is meeting his potential. Also, when you have a player with personality you never know if it's going to create a locker room clash. A lot can happen in a few years to change where you stand on something.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
From Elliot Friedman

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-the-last-days-of-babwatch/

Hearing one possibility is Zane McIntyre’s Bruins contract may not be completed until July 1, although it is expected to happen.

The North Dakota goalie announced he would go pro and try to sign with Boston, which holds his rights, even though free agency is an easy possibility. Why not try the open market? “He’s loyal,†one team exec said.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Rask is young enough still that this doesn't matter. He'll likely still be the starting goalie 8 years from now... I'd move Subban if it makes sense in a deal.

Agreed. I would be moving Subban for the best deal and I don't care what team it is. McIntyre can be our next stud prospect goalie, we don't need Subban. Makes using our first rounder on him even more infuriating.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
At 6'2"/6'3" Rask is now considered a Small goalie? :help:

6'2 (likely exaggerated) and a stick figure. 180 lbs at best.

Versus the other 6'2-6'7 goalies who are 220-230 lbs... height isn't everything. Yes, Rask is a 'smaller' goalie in today's NHL, and going forward. At least average.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I think Dom already posted this somewhere, but it's a done deal. He just isn't expected to actually sign until July 1st. Don't know the particulars, but he can make more money that way.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I think Dom already posted this somewhere, but it's a done deal. He just isn't expected to actually sign until July 1st. Don't know the particulars, but he can make more money that way.

yes, basically each year there's a slight bump in max annual salary for a contract when you sign. so if zane signs on july 1, he will receive more money at NHL and AHL level than he would if he signed anytime sooner.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Agreed. I would be moving Subban for the best deal and I don't care what team it is. McIntyre can be our next stud prospect goalie, we don't need Subban. Makes using our first rounder on him even more infuriating.

And injuries never happen in the NHL right? And veterans never decline in the quality of their play right? And we could have drafted an all-star player at the bottom end of Round 1 instead of taking Subban right?

Come on dude. Let's get real. We got one of the top backstop prospects in the NHL at the end of the round because the Bruins in general do well in the standings, so we pick late. I'd rather go for quality over need position, if I'm getting the better player overall.

I'm hoping that the Bruins can trade up from the #14 position and select a top 10 player. Because the middle of the round-late round players in the 1st generally have a lot of question marks.

I like the look of Mcintyre but he's still going to be a 22 year old rookie player. Most likely he will be in the minors splitting time with Subban. I'm betting we sign a cheap veteran to backup Rask.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Trading Subban now will get you a very small return. He's a 1st round pick, he needs to get some time with the Big team to boost his value or else chalk that up as another wasted 1st rounder

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
And injuries never happen in the NHL right? And veterans never decline in the quality of their play right? And we could have drafted an all-star player at the bottom end of Round 1 instead of taking Subban right?

Come on dude. Let's get real. We got one of the top backstop prospects in the NHL at the end of the round because the Bruins in general do well in the standings, so we pick late. I'd rather go for quality over need position, if I'm getting the better player overall.

I'm hoping that the Bruins can trade up from the #14 position and select a top 10 player. Because the middle of the round-late round players in the 1st generally have a lot of question marks.

I like the look of Mcintyre but he's still going to be a 22 year old rookie player. Most likely he will be in the minors splitting time with Subban. I'm betting we sign a cheap veteran to backup Rask.

To maybe the 8th overall?:D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad