Rumor: Bruins Sign Zane McIntyre

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
OT: between Smith, Subban & ZM, they have exactly one game of combined NHL experience. Hence, a journeyman goaltender with some league experience @ a club friendly price appears likely.

There's a bunch out there as UFA. Greiss, McElhinney, etc. The need an NHL experienced back-up to spell Rask next season.

Let McIntyre and Subban battle it out in Providence next year.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
College goalies are better prepared for the NHL. Mainly because when they come into the pro game they are older same situation as the over seas keepers.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Smith isn't a NHL player, Subban will never be one either. Let McIntyre start in Providence, sign Thomas to backup Rask.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Between Smith, Subban and MacIntyre there is some serious competition for playing time this year. I'm not even sure how to handicap the race.

ReggiesLemons

Jul 4, 2013
Trade Malcolm to the Habs for their young goalie prospect in Fucale. I'm okay dealing him to Montreal. maybe reunite him with his brother Pernall Karl. Then flip Fucale to the Oilers for Klefbum.

Subban is the better prospect so I'm unsure why they would trade him for Fucale. Also, no way they make any deals with those dirty Habs.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Between Smith, Subban and MacIntyre there is some serious competition for playing time this year. I'm not even sure how to handicap the race.

Smith is a Group VI UFA and if MacIntyre is indeed signed then I got my doubts Smith is even brought back.

While he may of played well in the AHL this past season it's too bad Boston didn't give him a couple games to see what he could do at the next level. At least get a sense of his capabilities at the NHL level.

Too late now. Bruins can ill afford to go into next season with Smith/Subban/MacIntyre competing for the back-up job. They need an NHL caliber back-up with experience.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Isnt it amazing that we Clode or whoever decided we had to start to Rask to get two points against ****ing Edmonton, which blew up in their faces anyway?

I feel like now that it's over I sometimes forget how ****** we were this season. God, we were bad.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Wouldn't mind a BIG goalie as our back up. Fill more of the net.

We've had Thomas and Rask of late, two smaller guys in net.

Lindback, Anders 6'6"

Not sure if he is any good. Names like Enroth and Neuvirth used to be full of promise. Guess they all failed.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Wouldn't mind a BIG goalie as our back up. Fill more of the net.

We've had Thomas and Rask of late, two smaller guys in net.

Lindback, Anders 6'6"

Not sure if he is any good. Names like Enroth and Neuvirth used to be full of promise. Guess they all failed.

Wow , no no no,clearly you didn't see him in the P.O.'s last year against the Habs. Holy **** the guy couldn't stop a beach ball.

Your other choices are much better.But will be pricey for a backup.

I'd give Budaj a shot. He was really good in Montreal before they replaced him with Tokarski. He's been in the AHL so I'm sure he'd come cheap. Only thing with him is he is a backup. If he has to replace long term we're in trouble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad