Rumor: Bruins Sign Zane McIntyre

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Saw the announcement earlier. Interested to see the dollars but very happy they got it done

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Saw the announcement earlier. Interested to see the dollars but very happy they got it done

look for the maximum dollars allowable on a 2-year entry level deal out of college, and that's what he's getting. top bonuses too. still a very reasonable cap hit for a top prospect.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
So he is likely the backup for next year ?

In Providence, yeah he's likely the back-up. I don't see him having any chance in Boston next year.

I'd say if they keep Subban and McIntyre it will go something like this:

2015-16 Boston: Starter - Rask, Back-up - UFA
2015-16 Providence: Starter - Subban, Back-up - McIntyre

2016-17 Boston: Starter - Rask, Back-up - Subban
2016-17 Providence: Starter - McIntyre

After that it is likely decision making time and one of the three is going.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Great news. Losing him for nothing would be a big blow. We're probably the deepest team in the league in terms of goalie prospects, he's a big addition.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
In Providence, yeah he's likely the back-up. I don't see him having any chance in Boston next year.

I'd say if they keep Subban and McIntyre it will go something like this:

2015-16 Boston: Starter - Rask, Back-up - UFA
2015-16 Providence: Starter - Subban, Back-up - McIntyre

2016-17 Boston: Starter - Rask, Back-up - Subban
2016-17 Providence: Starter - McIntyre

After that it is likely decision making time and one of the three is going.

I can live with that.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I can live with that.

Looks pretty good on paper. Nice position to be in for the Bruins. A simple 1-year deal for an NHL experienced back-up and they have their goaltending position solved for this year and next if all goes according to plan.

Which probably means it won't. But certainly doesn't sound like Sweeney is looking to move on from Subban this summer and he'll have to clear waivers in 2016-17 so I see that year's back-up job as his to lose if he is still a Bruin by then.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Looks pretty good on paper. Nice position to be in for the Bruins. A simple 1-year deal for an NHL experienced back-up and they have their goaltending position solved for this year and next if all goes according to plan.

Which probably means it won't. But certainly doesn't sound like Sweeney is looking to move on from Subban this summer and he'll have to clear waivers in 2016-17 so I see that year's back-up job as his to lose if he is still a Bruin by then.

It sounds simple in theory ,get an experienced guy but it could be problematic . I don't want to see Rask play any more than 60 games next year ,so we need someone who can play 20-25 games and give us a chance to win . I am not sure it is going to be easy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad