Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign Seth Griffith

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Dom likes Payne alot, in my opinion, the piece that the Stars are looking at as a player who will be a solid NHL`er. MacD will play his role but...

Love Payne... a LOT

As for Griffith, been a fan since he played Jr B with St Mary's. Short 10 minute drive so I saw him a lot. Then again, have probably seen him over 150 times in London.

No doubt he has the skill and vision and everything else. Just wish he was a little better skater - not bad, not great.

Griffith to me has been one of the hardest players to predict how his offense will translate in the NHL. And I still don't know the answer to that

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Dom likes Payne alot, in my opinion, the piece that the Stars are looking at as a player who will be a solid NHL`er. MacD will play his role but...

Yeah when I saw his name in the trade i said to myself "Damn not Payne". I had pretty high hopes that he'd be a great sleeper pick for us.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Yeah when I saw his name in the trade i said to myself "Damn not Payne". I had pretty high hopes that he'd be a great sleeper pick for us.

Not to let the cat out of the bag, but there's a group putting together next season's sleepers. predictions and so forth to come out after the playoffs.

Mine: Payne will score 50 goals next season - and I truly believe that.

But you have to pay to get.

Griffith has some great chemistry with Knight. And I can see them together on a line in Providence or the NHL at some point in the future. Bruins seem to love their "pairs".

Who knows, maybe they look to the OHL again and can somehow sneak a Kerby Rychel out of Windsor to pair with Koko.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Not to let the cat out of the bag, but there's a group putting together next season's sleepers. predictions and so forth to come out after the playoffs.

Mine: Payne will score 50 goals next season - and I truly believe that.

But you have to pay to get.

Griffith has some great chemistry with Knight. And I can see them together on a line in Providence or the NHL at some point in the future. Bruins seem to love their "pairs".

Who knows, maybe they look to the OHL again and can somehow sneak a Kerby Rychel out of Windsor to pair with Koko.

That's just it. Payne just excelled when given the opportunities so having a bigger role really should result in very good production. I was just hoping he'd continue to fly under the radar a little so we wouldn't lose him. For some reason I thought he'd be safe through this deadline but obviously Stars scouts saw what others believe.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Love Payne... a LOT

As for Griffith, been a fan since he played Jr B with St Mary's. Short 10 minute drive so I saw him a lot. Then again, have probably seen him over 150 times in London.

No doubt he has the skill and vision and everything else. Just wish he was a little better skater - not bad, not great.

Griffith to me has been one of the hardest players to predict how his offense will translate in the NHL. And I still don't know the answer to that

I am hoping that under the watch of Pro coaches/trainers, that skating can improve Dom. I know little about this player other than watching a handful of games during the Knight`s run to the Mem Cup then their appearance. I didn`t think he was that impressive then.....I looked at the score sheet and there he was

Looch was a horrific skater in year one with the B`s and although he`s hardly fleet of foot, you can see how he has improved in that category. Maybe the same can and will happen with Seth?

150 times seen??? Stalker:sarcasm:

Have a great day Dom

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
That's just it. Payne just excelled when given the opportunities so having a bigger role really should result in very good production. I was just hoping he'd continue to fly under the radar a little so we wouldn't lose him. For some reason I thought he'd be safe through this deadline but obviously Stars scouts saw what others believe.

And that's the problem with the lockout. NHL people were all over the map scouting and looking at prospects. Unfortunately Payne got noticed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad