Bruins sign FA Justin Hickman from Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL)

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Or, because they are signing an injured guy with a low skill ceiling. Could be that.

:laugh:

What the Puck, never change my man.

It's a minor signing of a guy who shows great leadership characteristics, toughness, and a decent amount of skill. No reason to hate it at all as it literally doesn't prevent us from doing anything. Let's let him play a game of professional hockey in our system before we call it "horrible"

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Did he try out for the Tigers in the ahl? Saw he had 5 games played with them

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Did he try out for the Tigers in the ahl? Saw he had 5 games played with them

Islanders signed him to amateur tryout at the end of last season. He then attended a summer prospect camp with Winnipeg. Off the top of my head, I think he sat out at least one of their prospect exhibition games because of injury. I'd be curious if it's the same injury that's forcing him out now.

pastamania

Sep 12, 2013
Boston
Can he play right wing? :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, I really like this signing. Had me at "likes to beat up guys in red and blue".

CJDolan

Sep 17, 2012
Or, because they are signing an injured guy with a low skill ceiling. Could be that.

He is almost 21, and playing in he WHL which is filled with 16 and 17 year olds (and 15 year olds in some cases).

Did you guys read an article saying that we had to give up Dougie, Bergeron, and a first in order to sign this guy? Or are you just overreacting to a minor signing?

There is literally no risk to signing this guy. If he develops into anything, it'll be a gritty bottom 6 right handed RW, which we are a bit short on at the moment. If he doesn't work out, who gives a ****, it's not like we signed him instead of a future top line center.

Good lord, this place is a hoot.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Did you guys read an article saying that we had to give up Dougie, Bergeron, and a first in order to sign this guy? Or are you just overreacting to a minor signing?

There is literally no risk to signing this guy. If he develops into anything, it'll be a gritty bottom 6 right handed RW, which we are a bit short on at the moment. If he doesn't work out, who gives a ****, it's not like we signed him instead of a future top line center.

Good lord, this place is a hoot.

We want to be right with the obvious. Chances are Hickman does not make the cut but they don't care.

He does make, even as a 4th liner then it's why don't the Bruins sign these guys?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Good question when playing for these Boston Bruins

how about playing for any team with aspirations of a Cup win(no, not suggesting at this moment this team is on it`s way to that)

To expect/demand a player back check is hardly an outlandish request regardless of the organization, ya wanna win, some commitment to defence has to be adhered to

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
You guys got a good one, not the most offensively skilled (compared to guys like Barzal on the Tbirds), but he has been a gritty, hard-nosed player and earned the C on his sweater every day.

Looking forward to JHick getting some time in Boston in the next few years.

acr*

He hasn't fought since. Fighting is a lot of stress on the shoulder with all the grappling.

I've been worried about this too. If Miller isn't able to fight going forward, it really decreases his value in my eyes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad