Bruins sign FA Justin Hickman from Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL)

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
He's currently undergoing shoulder surgery, will be ready in the offseason for camp. Not a high scoring player, but a big body that's hard to play against and plays hard every game, every shift. Projected 3rd-4th liner.

Luedeke has been reporting it, and Justin Tweeted his goodbyes to the T-Birds last night. Sad to see him go (T-Birds are my 'local' team) but if it's to my favourite team, I'm ok with it :yo:

https://twitter.com/kluedeke29

Also, he has experience beating up guys who wear Habs (or at least lookalike) jerseys:

BudMovin*

Don't like that fighting is a part of his game and he already has shoulder problems.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Excellent signing, good to see a gritty kid that's willing to fight in the organization. Step in the right direction.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Looked up his stats and fights, looks to be a very good fighter, rarely loses. Good production and a team captain, all big pluses. Like this signing more and more.

Probably a year in Providence, maybe two and then 3rd or 4th line duty in Boston.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Don't like that fighting is a part of his game and he already has shoulder problems.

Depends on the extent of his shoulder history. Miller hurt his shoulder in a scrap.. but it doesn't seem to be an issue going forward.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I visited friends in Seattle for Labor Day and dragged my college roommate to Everett where they were having a WHL preseason tournament. I saw a couple Seattle games with the hopes of seeing Matt Barzal and Ryan Gropp, but both were out with injuries. Hickman was the guy that caught my eye during those games.

His skillset reminded me of David Clarkson and after doing more reading on Hickman afterwards, they seem to have similar development paths up to this point. I was curious if the Devils might have any interest given our lack of RWs in the system.

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
Before everybody starts worrying too much about the shoulder, does anyone even know what the injury is?

Not sure. He played about a week ago, got into a fight, got a roughing and game misconduct. Next thing I know he's out with a shoulder injury, so he probably took a bad fall or hit that caused it.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Before everybody starts worrying too much about the shoulder, does anyone even know what the injury is?

Or if he will ever make it to the NHL.

Decent stats for someone who some are afraid might be a one tool player (fighting). Can't do any harm, Robins won't be with the PBruins for ever.

Last edited:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
No risk with potential good reward. Nothing wrong with that. Pretty intriguing player who has gotten better each year he's played.

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
No risk with potential good reward. Nothing wrong with that. Pretty intriguing player who has gotten better each year he's played.

Indeed. He's one of those guys who may not put up too many points, but he frustrates the hell out of his competition. Definitely isn't afraid to go into the 'dirty areas' or put his body on the line, whether it be shot blocking or fighting or hitting.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Too bad he won't back this season, send him to Providence for the post season, put him on the top PP immediately!!!!

:sarcasm:

spylogic3

Sep 1, 2006
From what I've read, he was injured in training camp. He played through it for half the season and was second in scoring on his team.

He was in pain, and elected to have surgery to correct it.

BudMovin*

Depends on the extent of his shoulder history. Miller hurt his shoulder in a scrap.. but it doesn't seem to be an issue going forward.

He hasn't fought since. Fighting is a lot of stress on the shoulder with all the grappling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad