GDT: Bruins @ Sharks II

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Kelly had absolutely 0 value, still has exactly the same amount of value. It's my understanding and someone can correct me if I am wrong here (I'm in no way a CBA expert). Kelly wouldn't have been on IR at the time and would have been eligible for buyout under the get out of jail free card.

Chiarelli would have never bought him out anyway.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Problem with this team is 3/4 of the players would be roll players on the top teams in the league

Chia needs to go big or go away at this point with this roster.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
the 06/07 team had a better record at this point in the season.
sad.
this team shouldve been cup contenders up until 2017 if chia didnt ruin the roster.
we could all see this coming this season.

hemispheres

Mar 13, 2013
boston,ma.
B's must of been out partying, think they all need ankle bracelets.

On a positive note they should squeek out a win against Arizona and go 4 for 11 for the rest of December.

Love Ya Chiarelli. Keep on riding that overrated Clydesdale Lucic.

Last edited:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Hard to fault Tuukka on 6 of the goals. That's where you missed Chara and McQuaid, in front.

Just an odd team to figure out right now. Losing a lot of ground on the top 3 in the division...

Ivyy13

Trust and Tradition
Feb 4, 2007
Boston
What the hell.. Seven goals? Looks like I made the right decision going to bed after the first.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
It's not even an exaggeration to say it could have been 10+ goals against last night if it weren't for good goaltending.
Completely ridiculous game.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
We know that about 70% of NHL wins go to the team that scores the first goal but what about scoring the first 2 goals? That must be close to 90%.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Well at least they scored some goals. I'd rather them lose 7-4 than 3-0 any day of the week.

But wow the 2nd period was domination by the Sharks and the Bruins PK alone was lucky not to give up 4 goals in this one.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Well at least they scored some goals. I'd rather them lose 7-4 than 3-0 any day of the week.

But wow the 2nd period was domination by the Sharks and the Bruins PK alone was lucky not to give up 4 goals in this one.

The PK was an absolute disaster last night. If the Sharks didn't score it was because Tuukka was standing on his head. Bruins really were lucky they didn't lose by more. PP is a disaster as well but it's struggled since Chara's injury and with him and Krejci out its a hot mess.

I'm not sure what to think of this team-they're like Jekyll and Hyde-and they don't seem to have an identity. They aren't hard to play against anymore and that's kind of sad.

It's very possib this team goes back to Boston with zero points.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
What is crazy is Rask played great and they scored 7 goals. It should have been a lot worse. The defense could not move any players from in front of the net. That is why there were a lot of deflections. 3rd game in 4 nights and they just had no battle left. This team can't coast out wins anymore and are giving up with no fight. Scary how losses seem acceptable to them now.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
The PK was an absolute disaster last night. If the Sharks didn't score it was because Tuukka was standing on his head. Bruins really were lucky they didn't lose by more. PP is a disaster as well but it's struggled since Chara's injury and with him and Krejci out its a hot mess.

I'm not sure what to think of this team-they're like Jekyll and Hyde-and they don't seem to have an identity. They aren't hard to play against anymore and that's kind of sad.

It's very possib this team goes back to Boston with zero points.

Yea it's a major understatement to say they miss Chara now. They can't handle the top lines of the big western teams especially with Mcquaid out. Hopefully Big Z will be back soon to match up against the Getzlafs of the world and then a guy like Krug can go back to easier matchups.

San Jose got set up for almost the full two minutes on the PP's I saw through the first 2 periods.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Did people who say "7" see the game or highlights? 3 deflections, 3 of them. One you could try 100 times and maybe get it twice. It was 4-4 and a much closer game than the final score indicated.

I'm going to focus on the positive:

Reilly Smith waking up just in time
That 4th line goal was awesome, we need more of that

Let's try and go 1/4 no the road trip, 2/4 would have been better, but take what you can get. Keep limping our way back to two of our leaders returning soon.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Did people who say "7" see the game or highlights? 3 deflections, 3 of them. One you could try 100 times and maybe get it twice. It was 4-4 and a much closer game than the final score indicated.

Let's try and go 1/4 no the road trip, 2/4 would have been better, but take what you can get. Keep limping our way back to two of our leaders returning soon.

I think it was 5 deflections,one off our own player (Lucic). Zonetime was ridiculously onesided.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm

Yea I saw the first two periods. It was probably the most entertaining game of the year. The Bruins managed to outplay and stay about even with the Sharks for the first 14-15 minutes of the game. Great start by the B's with 2 early goals. Amazing play by Dan Paille....a type of play that is rarely made in today's NHL.

Then it was all Sharks at the end of the 1st until the end of the 2nd period when Boston managed to stem the tide by drawing a penalty. In addition to the goals on the highlights SJ could have easily had 2 more in that period. The first Bruins goal (to tie it up 3-3) came right after SJ went up 3-2 and it was a counterattack into the offensive zone that caught SJ off-balance. Getting outshot in that 2nd period 24-7 renders a clear picture of the gameplay. The Bruins weren't able to slow SJ down coming through the neutral zone.

SJ went up 5-4 early in the 3rd but Marchand came back and rang the post almost immediately after.

Then I fell asleep.

It was the 3rd game in 4 nights. The Bruins played hard but at times looked like a minor league team trying to match up against SJ's top guns. In the end I can't really complain because the game had pretty much everything I enjoy about hockey....end to end play....great goals...great saves....momentum changes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad