GDT: Bruins @ Sens Mar. 10. The Most Important Game of the Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
No, the Ottawa Senators got us back into the race.

ZtKAu2P.gif

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
We've had a fella called Hasek....he was alright

Yeah and he never came back from his injury and Andy is playing through pain. Anderson is the all-time best Sens goalie. With merit awards to Lalime and Tugnutt and a silver star to Hasek for a sick half season.... And an abductor sticker for bailing on the team.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I think there is though. Or at least people that think starting a different goalie would've made a difference.

Of course it might have. People are crediting Rask with being the reason for the Boston "Zero" since we out shot them (plus many missed chances) but Rask didn't let any in so their D must be bad too. Then in the same breath they defend Anderson who let in 3 goals and completely blame the Sens D saying Anderson had no chance on the goals. So switch goalies and its 0-0 right or is it 3-0 for us? Two really bad defenses and the score is 3-0 yet one goalie is great the other is not to blame. Something is wrong with this picture.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
I'm thinking andy's 100+ good games before the sens outweighs hammond 10 good games with the sens and 100+ bad games. I'm not disregarding anything..... you are. You're ignoring how he played recently in bingo. I'm looking at all his recent work.

I appreciate what hammonds done.. I wont disregard how hes played poorly very recently before joining the sens. The sens played their best all season before the jets game. The jets game was the only one which i'd say hammond stole.

I never actually said that I cared about their previous games have I?
I was saying that if you were going to put Hammond's bad games as an example, you should put Andy's previous history in as well.
My point, which was clearly highlighted in the last post you quoted, is the fact that it is about RIGHT NOW. We have extremely little margin for error, and RIGHT NOW, Hammond has been getting us the W's.

Back to the AHL work, please tell me why, that it matters. Why. Hammond has done nothing at the NHL level to raise the notion of his AHL work. He is getting it done at the NHL level, that is all that matters RIGHT NOW. It's as if players can't struggle in a lower league, but when given an opportunity to play in the bigger leagues, they can't take it and run. That is basically what you are saying by constantly talking about his AHL record.

Really? Several scoring chances across the west-coast times that Hammond bailed them out for too as good as they were playing. Every team is guilty of giving up prime scoring chances once a game, the Sens were not exception on the entire west-coast trip. Especially in the Wilds game where it was practically and Hammond vs Dubnyk duel.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Sorry logical comments about Anderson are not accepted on this board.

That makes no sense.

The people who thought Hammond should be in tonight, myself included, don't think Andy sucks. We think Hammond was insanely good and that is not something you just turn your back on. If we had a rookie come in from the AHL and score a bunch of goals, would we take him out if an injured player was ready to go? Andy got his start on sunday and was "OK", but not as good as Hammy was during 99% of the winning streak.

These are the simple facts. I'm amazed so many people refuse to look at them.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Condra is getting a little trigger happy. Over the last few games I've noticed he looks off great passing options just to flick it at the net.

And oageau flicking the puck over the net there. C'mon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad