GDT: Bruins @ Sens Mar. 10. The Most Important Game of the Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Ottawa Senators @Senators · 4m 4 minutes ago
#Sens head coach Dave Cameron confirms that Craig Anderson will start tomorrow against the Bruins

Must win game is a must win.

Go Sens Go!!!!!!!!!!!

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Putting ourselves down two to three goals to the Bruins isn't helpful.
Hammond should be in nets, but hopefully he will be later this week when Anderson ***** the bed again.

B.S. that Anderson gives the team the best chance to win coach.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
To say its the most important game of the season is an understatement, this game is the season.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
The worst part of this run are the fans who actually think Hammond is a legit NHL goalie and is now our saviour. You can't even reason with these people.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
A win here would make the playoff run SIGNIFICANTLY less daunting. But — damn. Boston's pretty hot, too. They've only lost once in regulation in their last 10 games. Gonna be one hell of a game.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
The worst part of this run are the fans who actually think Hammond is a legit NHL goalie and is now our saviour. You can't even reason with these people.

He's not a saviour but this is just like when Lehner was stopping everything and Andy got the start and it went badly. Hammond is just on fire right now and Anderson has allowed more goals in one game than Hammy has in any number of starts. Andy better post a shutout tomorrow or Hammond starts the next game.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
I'm going to trust the coach's decision to place the most important game of the season in the hands of the healthy, 33 year old veteran with a .926 SV% (in 32 games!) with over 400 games of NHL experience, including 23 playoff games. He is really going out on a limb here, folks.

We will see Hammond at least once this week. He is going to get games and is still an important part of this run.

Hammond was wonderful for us, but I think it just proved that the Sens were turning a corner in early February and the main thing holding them back was piss-poor goaltending (sorry Lehner). Hammond vs. Anderson is close to a wash right now, which is a great compliment to Hammond IMO.

Last edited:

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

Whatever he really is as a goaltender, nobody else has been getting the job done like him.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Putting ourselves down two to three goals to the Bruins isn't helpful.
Hammond should be in nets, but hopefully he will be later this week when Anderson ***** the bed again.

B.S. that Anderson gives the team the best chance to win coach.

He faced 24 shots in the third period alone, and there wasn't a single goal that really was his fault. And he made at least an equal number of great saves that most goalies would have allowed.

Considering he missed something like 17 games, I'd say he did pretty well.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
He's not a saviour but this is just like when Lehner was stopping everything and Andy got the start and it went badly. Hammond is just on fire right now and Anderson has allowed more goals in one game than Hammy has in any number of starts.

I don't agree with you very often, but on this, I do.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
And how do you know that last night wouldn't have happened with Hammond in net? Or wait a minute, you don't. :shakehead

Anderson made a lot of nice saves in the 1st two periods. Then the team just stopped skating and allowed 20+ shots in the 3rd. That shouldn't happen against a player who hasn't played in more than a month.

Last edited:

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Well nobody know. But last night is last night and the team won. Now, they need to learn from that game.

Who care if it would have been Hammond. They won.

Now, the choice has been made. And we will never know what would happen if it was Hammond. The player have to step up, and win the game. It's the player's role to not let shot come from the crease.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
He's not a saviour but this is just like when Lehner was stopping everything and Andy got the start and it went badly. Hammond is just on fire right now and Anderson has allowed more goals in one game than Hammy has in any number of starts. Andy better post a shutout tomorrow or Hammond starts the next game.

Tomorrow is a playoff game. I'd rather have my veteran star goalie in between the pipes with all the pressure on. Hammond has been able to walk into a pretty pressure free and loosey goosey environment. The first game back from the road teip against the Sabres, the pressure is now on and he didn't play well with 2 bad goals.

I thank the Hamburglar for his service but now it's time for Andy to run with it if he's healthy.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Tomorrow is a playoff game. I'd rather have my veteran star goalie in between the pipes with all the pressure on. Hammond has been able to walk into a pretty pressure free and loosey goosey environment. The first game back from the road teip against the Sabres, the pressure is now on and he didn't play well with 2 bad goals.

I thank the Hamburglar for his service but now it's time for Andy to run with it if he's healthy.

Pretty much this.

Hammond came in and really had no pressure, I admit it built up as the streak got longer, but it wasn't all that serious.

This game is really the first where they actually can prove they are in this race for real, you have to go to the guy who has proven to you he can win those big games time and time again.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

Against Buffalo, a game where Hammond looked quite shakey, Ottawa buckled down defensively and gave up only 26 shots.

They managed to give up 24 in ONE period against Calgary. And can the nonsense of "they play better in front of Hammond!" For two periods, the Senators were dictating play against the Flames and the scoreboard reflected that. Then, they came into the third period and decided to sit on a lead. They were also poorly coached in that they were defending said lead and Cameron inexplicably cut Ceci and Wiercoch's ice time for more of Boro-Gryba, two d-men who are incapable of moving the puck.

The end result was a shooting gallery on Anderson. Would Hammond have survived that? Not based on his play against Buffalo, but who knows? The important thing is the team survived their worst period of hockey in their last 12 games and still got two points.

Yet, somehow, this is all about Anderson? If the team plays like they did for the first 8 games of this streak and the first 40 of the Flames game, it won't matter who goes in net. Regardless, BOTH goalies have shown they stand on their head and steal games and the veteran #1 has done it over a much larger body of work.

Anyone who thinks Anderson is incapable of starting and winning over a team in a big game just has some ax to grind with him.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Interesting stat: Senators are best in the league when trailing after 1st (8-5-2 record) and 7th best when trailing after 2nd (6-14-3).

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Interesting stat: Senators are best in the league when trailing after 1st (8-5-2 record) and 7th best when trailing after 2nd (6-14-3).

If im not mistaken, they are the worst team when they score first lol

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Anderson gets the start

The Sens lose hate to say it

Anderson was horrible in the 3rd period no rebound control flopping all over the crease just a complete disaster

Senators play a more structured game with Hammond in net starting Andy is a massive mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad