GDT: Bruins @ Sens Mar 10 - Part 2: Lord of the Flies edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
And there's more to choosing goalies than letting an entire team off the hook for playing sub-standard.

It's pretty standard

A lot of posters on here would make very poor managers

"Oh you only work hard under certain conditions? Ok then, I guess you're the boss then, not me!"

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
It's pretty standard

"Oh you only work hard under certain conditions? Ok then, I guess you're the boss then, not me!"

But you would make a great one right?

Yeah, screw Hammond and his chemistry with the team, we want our #1 to start even if it leads to more losses. They SHOULD play just as well in front of him so screw it if we lose, it's all about sticking to your guns!

WhiteLight*

It's pretty standard

ben la mon homme.

It's not black and white. It's not simply ''hard work'' vs ''not hard work''

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
The Senators dominate the final 40 minutes and are rewarded with 4 PP against and 2 PP for. And people still wonder why American teams have won the Cup 22 years in a row when chance would predict a Canadian winner every 4 years.

Team A: 222 PP opportunities (7th)
Team B: 166 PP opportunities (30th)

Care to guess which team is Boston, and which is Ottawa this season ?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
You know why we lost this game? The Sens didn't have a single cheeseburger before the game started.

Cheeseburger=win.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
Well damn. I guess all of us Franco-Ontarians (as in: the ones I know, not all of Franco-Ontario in general) are just weird, then.

I mean, I admit that I'm weird for a lot of reasons, this is just one more to the list I suppose.

For what it's worth, all the Acadians that I know of in the Maritimes say Quebec has their own language compared to the french they speak.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Well damn. I guess all of us Franco-Ontarians (as in: the ones I know, not all of Franco-Ontario in general) are just weird, then.

I mean, I admit that I'm weird for a lot of reasons, this is just one more to the list I suppose.

It's ok.

I personally have never seen anyone write it as "bein", but as you said, it's probably a franco-ontarien thing, and I don't hang out with that riff-raff!

j/k!

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
For what it's worth, all the Acadians that I know of in the Maritimes say Quebec has their own language compared to the french they speak.

Yeah, I didn't even think of that.

I have a massively extensive Acadian family history... so like I said, I might be the outlier here. Not exactly a ton of Acadian french (especially that backwoods Cape Breton french that I grew up with) going around these days.

it's probably a franco-ontarien thing

After this RWBG post, I'm leaning towards it being my niche Acadian french coming out?

I dont know. My entire linguistic world is crumbling over this right now.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Yeah, I didn't even think of that.

I have a massively extensive Acadian family history... so like I said, I might be the outlier here. Not exactly a ton of Acadian french (especially that backwoods Cape Breton french that I grew up with) going around these days.

After this RWBG post, I'm leaning towards it being my niche Acadian french coming out?

I dont know. My entire linguistic world is crumbling over this right now.

Yeah, I actually think that's what it is. I have indeed seen some acadians write it like that. Those people are super-weird.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Uh, more like, the Acadians have a different language than WE speak, buddy. :P

Yeah, this I'll agree with.

I took my wife (then Girlfriend) to meet my Grandfather in N.S., and despite her french being excellent, she couldn't understand anyone. Not my grandpa, aunts or uncles, my cousins, anyone at the tavern... nobody.

It's a bilingual town, so it was fine because everyone spoke enough Franglais that she was ok, but it was funny seeing how frustrated she was over not comprehending this language she had been speaking for 20 years prior.

Yeah, I actually think that's what it is. I have indeed seen some acadians write it like that. Those people are super-weird.

... yeah. Absolutely wonderful, lovely folk, I love them all to death, but they're definitely the "weirdo kid in the corner" of the French -speaking Canadian population, haha.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

I took my wife (then Girlfriend) to meet my Grandfather in N.S., and despite her french being excellent, she couldn't understand anyone. Not my grandpa, aunts or uncles, my cousins, anyone at the tavern... nobody.

It's a bilingual town, so it was fine because everyone spoke enough Franglais that she was ok, but it was funny seeing how frustrated she was over not comprehending this language she had been speaking for 20 years prior.

... yeah. Absolutely wonderful, lovely folk, I love them all to death, but they're definitely the "weirdo kid in the corner" of the French -speaking Canadian population, haha.

Sort of like trying to understand 'English' in East London...

Speaking of weird...

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

I always think of this band when people bring up the Acadian thing:

Best example of that weirdo "franglais" way of speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad