Post-Game Talk: Bruins Scratch the Panthers 4-1

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
If Lee didn't see it, there were 3 other zebras there to go to Lee and say "hey, we totally blew that so lets let him blow off some steam huh?"

It's easy to armchair this situation and say that Lucic should have been more composed but it was a chain of circumstances that I'm not sure how anyone could have reacted any better. The dude could have seriously gotten hurt off of a cheap shot and then he finds out Weaver got off scott free.. then there's a double minor on himself.. I would flip out in the box too.

In retrospect, yeah.. maybe I would cool off and realize that by flipping out I could be hurting my team.. but in the moment? No way. I don't blame Lucic at all. Even if FLA scored twice on that double minor and the game got out of hand stemming from that incident, I would still back Lucic for his reaction there. That's just me though

our PK unit is a friggin rolling maul. As if the Panthers needed that unit to be even more motivated. there was no doubt in my mind they would kill those off. I actually felt sorry for FL because i was fully expecting a shorty on one of those. add in the fact that it wasn't really a full 4 mins and that kill was a slam dunk.

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
I am happy that Lucic reacted the way he did.

To be honest, thought don't get me wrong I love how our team is playing right now, they haven't been nearly as physical as usual. Nice to see some anger come through!

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
I watched the game on DVR today and the referee was looking right at the Weaver hit, from less than 15 feet away. No excuse whatsoever for blowing that call.

I'm beginning to wonder... if Lucic stayed down to sell the call, if he would have gotten it.

He protected himself nicely and bounced right back up. Perhaps a factor in why nothing was called?

Either way, I'm beginning to believe the notion that the Bruins are near the bottom of PP opportunities per game because they rarely embellish calls. Yesterday afternoon only helps solidify that in my eyes.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
As a ref, I can tell you, you know when you've blown a call. When you know that, you try to explain as best you can, but then you stand there and take it. And yes, you do know the difference between when your judgement was different from the players, and when you blew the call. You don't completely blow a call like that, then give a guy more for pointing it out. That's just bad reffing - which explains why it was Chris Lee.

I think its more then a blown call.Hard to prove but I think he let that go cause it was Lucic.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I'm beginning to wonder... if Lucic stayed down to sell the call, if he would have gotten it.

He protected himself nicely and bounced right back up. Perhaps a factor in why nothing was called?

Either way, I'm beginning to believe the notion that the Bruins are near the bottom of PP opportunities per game because they rarely embellish calls. Yesterday afternoon only helps solidify that in my eyes.

The Bruins wouldn't be the Bruins if they started embellishing. We don't want to stoop down to the Canucks and Habs level..haha.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Good win for the B's, good to leave the sunshine state with 4 pts, as they should. I love the Lucic reaction to Weaver's hit, he has to defend himself now since it seems the re fs seem to not call anything hat happens to him. Ever the hit on Miller he gets no calls.

How can these effin refs give him an additional 10 mins after they screwed up that entire sequence. Just plain bad reffing IMO

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
The Bruins wouldn't be the Bruins if they started embellishing. We don't want to stoop down to the Canucks and Habs level..haha.

I mean let's not get ahead of ourselves too much. There are some guys on the team who will occasionally try and sell a call. The guys that come to mind are Ference, Marchand and even Chara. Thankfully the instances are few and far between.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I mean let's not get ahead of ourselves too much. There are some guys on the team who will occasionally try and sell a call. The guys that come to mind are Ference, Marchand and even Chara. Thankfully the instances are few and far between.

By embellishing, I was thinking of some of the Canuck players who look like they've been shot to draw a penalty, then somehow magically are back on the ice for the PP.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North

This is exactly how I feel !! its almost a joke we need to take acting lessons to succeed with the way the league calls penalties :shakehead

You can't stick up for yourself either now ? Bunch of BS keep filling an angry bottle until it explodes or does something stupid ... :(

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Marchand took a major dive in that game after a wussy cross-check in the back. Looked like he was shot out of a cannon!

I wished he'd have gotten called. I love the fact the Bruins don't embellesh all that often.

Besides, they last thing I wanna see is a Bruins man-advantage! :laugh:

Aside: Seguin has been back-checking well, and goaltending too!

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Marchand took a major dive in that game after a wussy cross-check in the back. Looked like he was shot out of a cannon!

I wished he'd have gotten called. I love the fact the Bruins don't embellesh all that often.

Besides, they last thing I wanna see is a Bruins man-advantage! :laugh:

Aside: Seguin has been back-checking well, and goaltending too!

I'd have to see the replay on that because honestly it just looked like he toe-picked big time.

did they even show a replay? I was watching the game on DVR so it's possible that after the commercial break I may have missed NESN replaying it.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
I'd have to see the replay on that because honestly it just looked like he toe-picked big time.

did they even show a replay? I was watching the game on DVR so it's possible that after the commercial break I may have missed NESN replaying it.

I must admit, I only saw the replay, and we were having a beer or 2! ;)

But the guys I was with all thought it looked bad. Perhaps I shoulda watched it again before calling him out...

Anyway, I do love the fact that the Bruins rarely dive...not never, mind ya, but rarely.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
I must admit, I only saw the replay, and we were having a beer or 2! ;)

But the guys I was with all thought it looked bad. Perhaps I shoulda watched it again before calling him out...

Anyway, I do love the fact that the Bruins rarely dive...not never, mind ya, but rarely.

Oh I'm certainly not saying that Marchand didn't dive. Unfortunately he's been known to do that from time to time. Just in the moment, it looked like to me that he toe picked when his body weight shifted from that hit. I lol'd at the time because it looked goofy as hell.

I tried looking for it on youtube but to no avail because I definitely wanted to see a replay of it just to see if he dove or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad