Proposal: Bruins-Red Wings

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
As a Wings fan, I have zero interest.

I do not want to trade a #4D for a #3D who makes $2M more and could easily walk away in FA next year. Especially when dealing with a team facing a cap crunch. If I'm helping them sort out their cap issues, I'm getting a discount and/or an asset they really don't want to trade but have to.

Also, if the Wings are going to be trading assets, I'd much rather package some stuff and get a top pairing guy or a young guy who will develop into a top pairing guy and not simply swap out a second pairing guy for a slightly better second pairing guy.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I think the Wings would be extremely lucky to get Boychuk. He'd immediately become a huge minute cruncher and shift into that role Stuart left behind years ago.

And that's probably why Boston doesn't trade him to a division rival when Boychuk would have many suitors for his services.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
Smith and Sproup are our 2 top offensive minded guys and I wouldn't want to ship one out for most of the reasons stated. We have plenty of top 4 defensive stay at home guys.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I think the Wings would be extremely lucky to get Boychuk. He'd immediately become a huge minute cruncher and shift into that role Stuart left behind years ago.

And that's probably why Boston doesn't trade him to a division rival when Boychuk would have many suitors for his services.

That's the thing... we don't NEED a Stuart. Getting a guy to fill the Stuart role would make us better, sure, but we have DeKeyser and Ericsson that are kind of in that same mold already. We need a Rafalski or Schneider.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
That's the thing... we don't NEED a Stuart. Getting a guy to fill the Stuart role would make us better, sure, but we have DeKeyser and Ericsson that are kind of in that same mold already. We need a Rafalski or Schneider.

Agree to disagree. I think this team desperately needs a guy like Boychuk.

crashman

I'd trade Smith for Boychuk, no question.

Smith is going to be a good player, but I think we have a glut of LH offensive-defenseman, not to mention all our D prospects.

I don't really buy into Smith finally coming around at the end of last year. Yes, he was better, but for most of last season he looked like he didn't belong in the NHL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad