Confirmed with Link: Bruins recall Peter Cehlarik; place Austin Czarnik on IR

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
So is it a coincidence Claude gone and another kid finally gets an opportunity ?

Another kid finally gets an opportunity?

Pasta
Vatrano
Carlo
C Miller
Czarnik

264 games --- would be more if it weren't for injuries to some of those guys.

And this for a Coach under pressure of "deep playoff run" from owner.

Win now. Develop for future. Play kids. Win now.

All with a D that is bottom five in League and back-up goalies that = certain losses.

Can't make this stuff up.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Another kid finally gets an opportunity?

Pasta
Vatrano
Carlo
C Miller
Czarnik

264 games --- would be more if it weren't for injuries to some of those guys.

And this for a Coach under pressure of "deep playoff run" from owner.

Win now. Develop for future. Play kids. Win now.

All with a D that is bottom five in League and back-up goalies that = certain losses.

Can't make this stuff up.

It's a nice change from previous years..hope to see more. Perhaps more time top line minutes and some vets sitting for a breather or even for making a mistake or two?

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
It's a nice change from previous years..hope to see more. Perhaps more time top line minutes and some vets sitting for a breather or even for making a mistake or two?

I agree. But then again I knew this team was a bubble team at best this season and most certainly not a deep playoff run team. I was ok with that and actually like the long term direction.

That said, good thing you and I aren't a Coach with ownership breathing down our neck with conflicting directives.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I agree. But then again I knew this team was a bubble team at best this season and most certainly not a deep playoff run team. I was ok with that and actually like the long term direction.

That said, good thing you and I aren't a Coach with ownership breathing down our neck with conflicting directives.

It was time for a change. I would have preferred end of last season. Some really poor pro player decisions last 5 years by leadership. Hopefully newbies make an impact next 3 years. Starting today.

Southiechickie

Nov 15, 2016
South Boston
Do you think He plays Saturday night and they sit Hayes again?
Really hope this kid can play well under the circumstances. Friends in PVD say he's deserving of the call up.

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
Do you think He plays Saturday night and they sit Hayes again?
Really hope this kid can play well under the circumstances. Friends in PVD say he's deserving of the call up.
Everyone's pulling for him. As for Hayes, we can only hope he will never wear a B's jersey ever again.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
My question why do you think Peter will replace Nash Hayes

The practice lines that were tweeted out today had Nash as an extra and Hayes on the 4th line with Schaller and Moore. I think if you call up Cehlarik then you use him in a scoring role. An Acciari or Blidh battle it out with the Hayes and Nash types, but Cehlarik, as the practice lines indicated was playing with Krejci where his skills can be put to the best use.

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pasta

Beleskey -- Krejci -- Vatrano

Spooner -- Backes -- Cehlarik

Schaller -- Moore -- Nash

Yes I would be very on board with seeing this lineup. Just let them go and see where the chips fall. Maybe even switch up Belesky/Spooner.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
The practice lines that were tweeted out today had Nash as an extra and Hayes on the 4th line with Schaller and Moore. I think if you call up Cehlarik then you use him in a scoring role. An Acciari or Blidh battle it out with the Hayes and Nash types, but Cehlarik, as the practice lines indicated was playing with Krejci where his skills can be put to the best use.

But...but...but Nash's corsi is good.

I hope Cassidy is smart enough to give him PK time and not much else.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Seriously? NOW they bring him up?

Glad he's getting a shot but don't understand why couldn't they have done this a month ago when Claude asked for him.

See Playmakers post above ^

Why didn't Sweeney call him up then? Inquiring minds want to know....

my guess, one word, Cam

Julien asks for it, Neely says nope

Czarnik on IR which I guess is the reason, who knows, anything possible with this team

Tinfoil hat stuff here for sure.

Does anybody really believe that Sweeney or Neely kept Cehlarik in PRO to speed up Clode's demise in Boston? :laugh:

As far as I know, Clode was asked by a reporter why Cehlarik had not gotten the call, and responded. He didn't ask for him to be brought up and was denied. And as Kirk pointed out in his blog, it sounded like the coaches in PRO didn't think he was ready, plain and simple. And to take it one step further, what would make someone think that Clode would have played (let alone asked for) an offensive oriented F like Cehlarik?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Tinfoil hat stuff here for sure.

Does anybody really believe that Sweeney or Neely kept Cehlarik in PRO to speed up Clode's demise in Boston? :laugh:

As far as I know, Clode was asked by a reporter why Cehlarik had not gotten the call, and responded. He didn't ask for him to be brought up and was denied. And as Kirk pointed out in his blog, it sounded like the coaches in PRO didn't think he was ready, plain and simple.

I was on my cell, couldn`t find where or I don`t know where to find the sarcasm or any other symbol, Czarnik was/is injured, he was next in line for a call up from all I heard

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I was on my cell, couldn`t find where or I don`t know where to find the sarcasm or any other symbol, Czarnik was/is injured, he was next in line for a call up from all I heard

This is good to know. I was surprised when I saw your post because as a general rule of thumb you don't seem prone to conspiracy theories :laugh:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This is good to know. I was surprised when I saw your post because as a general rule of thumb you don't seem prone to conspiracy theories :laugh:

haha, while I wish Cam had zero say on things, I didn`t view this particular move as anything more than what it was, a callup for an injured Bruin. Truthfully, I wasn`t aware Czarnik was even injured

This season, IMO, is over, I`m hoping Cassidy makes life uncomfortable for a few Bruins who I think CJ allowed life to be a bit too comfy

Julien hands down the best coach I`ve witnessed, loved the guy for as much as he frustrated me at times. The time had come, problem is, IMO, that time should have been a month ago

Huge void /shoes to fill, I`ll play the wait and see game with Cassidy but I`ve long said I don`t think there`s a coach out there who could improve this team with what they have to work with

If wrong, I`ll do what I`ve had to do often, come on here and admit my wrongs, but I have a feeling that won`t be necessary

For this fan, for the rest of the year, I want to see kids play a ton and move out those not part of the future

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad