Confirmed with Link: Bruins recall Peter Cehlarik; place Austin Czarnik on IR

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Finally. I've been excited about him since they drafted him. Could be a gem. Hopefully he plays with confidence.

I think he could be. Kirk had a nice bit on him recently at the scouting post and what had kept him back from the big roster was primarily some positional/play reading stuff making the transition from the larger Euro ice to the NHL size, but IIRC he was close. Excited to see what he can do :yo:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Seriously? NOW they bring him up?

Glad he's getting a shot but don't understand why couldn't they have done this a month ago when Claude asked for him.

my guess, one word, Cam

Julien asks for it, Neely says nope

Czarnik on IR which I guess is the reason, who knows, anything possible with this team

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
my guess, one word, Cam

Julien asks for it, Neely says nope

Czarnik on IR which I guess is the reason, who knows, anything possible with this team

So Julien actually asks for a specific young player.

And the front office says no?

Julien: "So how about calling up that Cehlarik kid, he's putting up some decent numbers down in Providence".

Neely and Sweeney: "True, but you've been given Jimmy Hayes, and we traded for Hayes under our watch, so dress Hayes."

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I doubt Julien asked for him. Unless he is Bergeron like in his own end, Claude ain't asking for him.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
So Julien actually asks for a specific young player.

And the front office says no?

Julien: "So how about calling up that Cehlarik kid, he's putting up some decent numbers down in Providence".

Neely and Sweeney: "True, but you've been given Jimmy Hayes, and we traded for Hayes under our watch, so dress Hayes."

I was being sarcastic

They are ripping this decision on Hockey Central right now

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Cassidy definitely wants him

I hope we make drastic changes.

Marchand Bergeron Cehl
Vatrano Krecji Backes
Belesky Spooner Pasta - Seriously, what do we have to lose
Schaller Moore Nash

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I was being sarcastic

They are ripping this decision on Hockey Central right now

Did anyone ask the esteemed panel if Julien was to take any blame for that 2014 team missing the playoffs, or last year's epic collapse down the stretch, losing the season ending game at home 6-1 to an injury depleted Sens lineup on a win and your in scenario. Or this year's team heading towards their 3rd consecutive playoff miss. All these talking heads see is a SC in 2011, if not for that, they wouldn't have batted an eye over this firing.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Did anyone ask the esteemed panel if Julien was to take any blame for that 2014 team missing the playoffs, or last year's epic collapse down the stretch, losing the season ending game at home 6-1 to an injury depleted Sens lineup on a win and your in scenario. Or this year's team heading towards their 3rd consecutive playoff miss. All these talking heads see is a SC in 2011, if not for that, they wouldn't have batted an eye over this firing.
No, they didn't ask. It was not a panel,just the GM. And, if the questions were asked, I would hope they'd refuse to kick Julien further to the curb.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pasta

Beleskey -- Krejci -- Vatrano

Spooner -- Backes -- Cehlarik

Schaller -- Moore -- Nash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad