Confirmed with Link: Bruins Re-Sign Seth Griffith

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Cassidy loves Seth, Claude loves Kevan Miller.

Cassidy, Miller, and Griffith- good moves all things considered but the hysteria makes it

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah it says it's a two way deal, so really no harm no foul. It's good to have depth and at the very least he makes providence better off.

roguepatriot

Jun 24, 2010
Think we will see Seth called up to stay for a while this year. At worst, otherwise another year as a good PB soldier to help develop all new talent coming.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Griffith is a good signing. The upside is still there that he'll be able to contribute in the NHL.

Not good enough to make me forget the Bruins are stuck with K.Miller until 2020 tough...

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
So where does he play?

Cause even if they move one of Connolly or Hayes, where does Griffith fit into this roster. What does he have left to prove in the AHL? Can't see him signing this deal unless he was given some assurances by Sweeney of having a legit shot at a Top 9 job in training camp.

Would of been better of not signing him and dealing his rights in a package to bring in some legit NHL level talent.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
I'm okay with this, had a very good year in Providence, give him a shot, we want youth integrated on this team it's not like they are contenders.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I'm not really a fan of Griffith, but why not give him a shot to make the roster at training camp? The more competition there is the better. This contract being a two-way contract also makes this a plus.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Boston is still weak at RW, so why not keep Griffith? Besides, he can't be any worse that Hayes. Going into training camp, the Bruins would have Pastrnak, Connolly, Hayes, Griffith and Ferlin (and anyone else whom the team might sign/trade for).

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I still think he has 20 goal potential in the NHL. He may pan out to be just another AHL star who can't cut it in the bigs. But there's still time. His biggest thing holding him back is his skating IMO.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Boston is still weak at RW, so why not keep Griffith? Besides, he can't be any worse that Hayes. Going into training camp, the Bruins would have Pastrnak, Connolly, Hayes, Griffith and Ferlin (and anyone else whom the team might sign/trade for).

Isn't that the same group they had last year at RW going into camp, minus Randell, who outscored most of them.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I still think he has 20 goal potential in the NHL. He may pan out to be just another AHL star who can't cut it in the bigs. But there's still time. His biggest thing holding him back is his skating IMO.

I agree. I'm a fan and think he's an NHL player, he's just not what they're looking for right now in terms of getting bigger or faster.

My guess is he's the backup plan if they can't sign Vesey.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Again with hitting it bang on.

I'm not sure he fits in Boston, but I'm hoping they find a way. I'm a big believer in Seth Griffith.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Lol to sit in minors

Well he's no good to us in the NHL. Slow, weak, not exactly smart, no board battle skills to speak of. He has had numerous chances to stick with the big club and each time he comes up you barely notice he's in the team. Winter Classic was embarrassing especially.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad