Post-Game Talk: Bruins @ Rangers: Game ThrLOLee

BarbaraAlphanse

So an elite player must:
- Score 50 or more goals.
- Score 90 points.
- Play on a winning team.
- Stay healthy.

Am I missing anything?

Have a full head of hair with no signs of regression.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Oh, just thought of something. I very well may be in the minority here, but I think someone should have challenged Thornton last night. More specifically, I think Dorsett should have dropped 'em. Being heavily mismatched has never deterred Dorsett before. Might be putting too much stock into fights, but that could have been a huge momentum swing for not only the players on the ice, but the fans in the stands.

BarbaraAlphanse

Oh, just thought of something. I very well may be in the minority here, but I think someone should have challenged Thornton last night. More specifically, I think Dorsett should have dropped 'em. Being heavily mismatched has never deterred Dorsett before. Might be putting too much stock into fights, but that could have been a huge momentum swing for not only the players on the ice, but the fans in the stands.

Clowe would have been that guy, if healthy. Dorsett's purpose was Marchand, not be instigated by Thornton.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Nothing shifts the momentum like a broken orbital bone... :sarcasm:

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Not about to declare this one over yet, but it's clear from the first three games of this series that the Bruins are bigger, stronger, faster, better coached, and have a championship pedegree that the Rangers do not have. So it goes.

BarbaraAlphanse

Not about to declare this one over yet, but it's clear from the first three games of this series that the Bruins are bigger, stronger, faster, better coached, and have a championship pedegree that the Rangers do not have. So it goes.

Well said Billy Joel.

BarbaraAlphanse

I worry the only way the Rangers can win this series is if Henrik can shut them out for the next four games. :(

He needs to start talking to the posts like Quick does. This needs to be a joint effort. I have faith in all 4 of them.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
No way our team wins 4 in a row..

Not our roster..

Not our coach..

Not our luck..

Stick a fork in us, we're done..

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
You wouldn't be quoting Bashiok now would you? Also how bout the forwards score a god forsaken goal? This team blows balls. Absolutely sucks. Disgusting coaching, disgusting offense, abomination of a power play makes me want to puke. One of the biggest embarrassment PP's ever presided over by that glorified motivator. All consistent issues.

This may be slightly off topic but I've only ever seen the name Bashiok in reference to the Blizzard community manager.. Am I missing a joke here?

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
No way our team wins 4 in a row..

Not our roster..

Not our coach..

Not our luck..

Stick a fork in us, we're done..

What? Over? Did you say 'Over'?

Nothing is over until WE decide it is!

And it ain't over now!

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Hell NO!!! Who's with me?

Last edited:

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
What the *** happened to the Ranger fans I used know?

Where's the spirit?

Where's the guts?

This could be the greatest series of our lives...

but you're going to let it be the worst.

'Where afraid to be with you, Jersey Girl, we may get in trouble.'

Well just kiss my *** from now on!

Not me! I won't take this!!!

Chara with his stupid long neck is a LOSER!

Lucic...LOSER!

Bergeron...LOSER!!!

Rask...

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
In 2 years it will be Henrik Lundqvist of the Detroit Red Wings. Perfect fit........MUCH better coach and much more successful and classy organization.

Uhhhh, they just signed a young Jimmy Howard to a six year deal. What? A guy who, by the way, has been carrying his team through the playoffs - unlike Hank. And before this board explodes, yes, I'm just saying that last part to get a rise out of people. But there is no reason to believe Hank goes to Detroit.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
what the *** happened to the ranger fans i used know?

Where's the spirit?

Where's the guts?

This could be the greatest series of our lives...

But you're going to let it be the worst.

'where afraid to be with you, jersey girl, we may get in trouble.'

well just kiss my *** from now on!

Not me! I won't take this!!!

Chara with his stupid long neck is a loser!

Lucic...loser!

Bergeron...loser!!!

Rask...
loser

ribbet

Sep 15, 2009
Jersey Girl’s right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these ********.

koh19

May 19, 2006
Fribourg
Detroit fan here, watched your game last night, here's my 2 cents:

I agree that this was by far not your best game. Lundqvist and Zucharello were perhaps the only two players who managed to have a good game. Your PP was atrocious, Pierre McGuire seemed to have the same opinion :)laugh:), you had no energy, no motivation, you couldn't get 2 passes in a row

But to be honest, the Bruins are just better than you guys. Sure you played a very poor hockey game but they basically have the same team they had when they won the cup two years ago. Boston's team is built for this type of situation, their lineup is amazing, their tough guy does the best job in the league IMO, their 4th line is great, would probably pass as a 3rd line on most teams. These guys know how to get it done, they've been there. They've also had to go through quite a few challenges (e.g. 3-0 series lead, 3-0 game 7 lead, we all know how it ended).

Now I know you guys are pissed at a lot of things (Sather, overpaid stars that play on the 4th line, Tortorella, getting outcoached, Nash,...) but you gotta remember, you've made the 2nd round of the playoffs 2 years in a row now. It's truly unfortunate that you have to play the Bruins because I think that they would beat anyone at this point, they'd even give the Pens a run for their money.

I also want to remind everyone that without that 3rd period fluke goal by the Bruins and with a Rangers win, I think you'd all have a slightly different opinion on the state of things.

Plus you guys are still in this series, until they win the 4th game, you have to have faith in the team.

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
But personally, I think it's time for a change. What's the worst that can happen? Lundqvist still wills a team of underachievers to a playoff spot to get eliminated early on? Because that's why Tortorella has a job.

Apparently you didn't watch the Rangers from 98-04. It can get a hell of a lot worse than what this team is giving you. Those teams had some pretty damn good offensive talents. Problem was they had zero defensive players what-so-ever. It was some of the worst hockey I've ever seen played. I'm not kidding. Borderline unwatchable.

The offense needs to be improved, there is no doubt about that. But it is a mistake if that comes at the expense of the defense. You need the goal support, but at the end of the day defense and goaltending is what wins championships. Everyone who wants to "open up the system" I think will be in for a big surprise if that ever happens without this team having drastically different personnel. I'm not convinced that these players could handle a run and gun system.

For those who slam people who do not enjoy Rangers hockey when it is so bereft of offensive excitement, I have to ask what part of that game do you enjoy?

The part of the game called... hockey? I enjoy watching goals right there with everyone else, but if it is a requirement that the games be high scoring for you to enjoy them, then you don't know/appreciate the entire game. Big saves, big hits, good defensive plays, and good creative offense/passing are all very fun things to watch that don't necessarily involve goals. Rangers lack the last item on that list - but I'd say that is more because of the players than the coach (though we really don't need to start that tired argument). Most of the best games I have ever watched were low scoring games.

Yes that we eventually will not see the playoffs ever again and will score 0g/game
But we got JAM..
And for a bunch of Pejorative Slured apologists that seems to be entirely sufficient
Wait something's stinks around here

You Torts haters were also saying that this team wouldn't make the playoffs this year, and that all he coaches is first round bounces. What happened to that? Getting into the ECF last year and the second round this year killing your biggest meme? When was the last time NYR did that in consecutive years (hint: not in the past 15 years)? Keep on moving those goalposts.

First it was, "Torts was given an all star lineup and can't even make it to the playoffs." Then when they made the playoffs it was, "Torts only coaches first round exits, last year was a fluke; they will be done in 5 or 6 games!" Then when they beat the Caps, it was "Oh... he still sucks. Caps are just awful. Fire him anyway!"

Never is it that this team is built poorly, that certain players are underperforming, or that the other team was just better. After most losses, it is all on the coach. And if we fire him, magically this team will become a cup contender! Yea, with that kind of reasoning you have plenty of legs to stand on to justify calling others "Pejorative Slured." Grow up. There are problems with Torts, but this team won't be fixed by simply kicking him out the door. There are bigger problems than him.

Torts and Sullivan have to go. The experiment is over!

Remember the first game for Clowe, Brassard, and Moore? They just got off a damn plane and had 0 time to practice. Torts was asked about the situation and said something like "I'll let them do their own thing tonight."... what happened? They combined for a ton of points!

Clowe has barely played for NYR, and when he did he was doing fine. Moore has been fairly good since that first game. Brassard has also continued to do well - especially in the playoffs. So, why are you using this to prove your point when it does the opposite?

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC
Detroit fan here, watched your game last night, here's my 2 cents:

I agree that this was by far not your best game. Lundqvist and Zucharello were perhaps the only two players who managed to have a good game. Your PP was atrocious, Pierre McGuire seemed to have the same opinion :)laugh:), you had no energy, no motivation, you couldn't get 2 passes in a row

But to be honest, the Bruins are just better than you guys. Sure you played a very poor hockey game but they basically have the same team they had when they won the cup two years ago. Boston's team is built for this type of situation, their lineup is amazing, their tough guy does the best job in the league IMO, their 4th line is great, would probably pass as a 3rd line on most teams. These guys know how to get it done, they've been there. They've also had to go through quite a few challenges (e.g. 3-0 series lead, 3-0 game 7 lead, we all know how it ended).

Now I know you guys are pissed at a lot of things (Sather, overpaid stars that play on the 4th line, Tortorella, getting outcoached, Nash,...) but you gotta remember, you've made the 2nd round of the playoffs 2 years in a row now. It's truly unfortunate that you have to play the Bruins because I think that they would beat anyone at this point, they'd even give the Pens a run for their money.

I also want to remind everyone that without that 3rd period fluke goal by the Bruins and with a Rangers win, I think you'd all have a slightly different opinion on the state of things.

Plus you guys are still in this series, until they win the 4th game, you have to have faith in the team.

thx for the analysis man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad