nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

BK4CglcCEAIgZDJ.jpg:large

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
I'd scratch Richards for game 4. If Clowe isn't healthy play someone else for Richards. Need something to change things up.

Hags-Stepan-Nash-
Kreider-Brassard-MZA
Clowe-Boyle-Cally-
Pyatt-Asham-Dorsett.

One game at a time. Take game 4 and all the pressure shifts to Boston for game 5.

Line 1 worked early in the year before split up.
Line 2 would give you some speed with great vision.
Line 3 would be a perfect grind it out kind of line.
Line 4 can grind as well.

No natural center for line 4 but we aren't winning faceoffs anyway.

You can say line 2 might not be that good defensively but at this point we need to take some offensive risks.

truebluegoalie

Nov 28, 2008
Virginia
I'd scratch Richards for game 4. If Clowe isn't healthy play someone else for Richards. Need something to change things up.

Hags-Stepan-Nash-
Kreider-Brassard-MZA
Clowe-Boyle-Cally-
Pyatt-Asham-Dorsett.

One game at a time. Take game 4 and all the pressure shifts to Boston for game 5.

You can say line 2 might not be that good defensively but at this point we need to take some offensive risks.

Offensive risks? Surely you jest.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
One game at a time. You don't even look at it as 4 games in a row anymore.

One game.

Win at home on Thursday. Go from there.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
One game at a time. You don't even look at it as 4 games in a row anymore.

One game.

Win at home on Thursday. Go from there.

Hard (like avalanche hard), constant, and cohesive forecheck required. Stop making Tory ****ing Krug look like Paul Coffey. Oh yeah, everyone show up. Even you Beaver, if dumping the puck in is all your fragile psyche can handle, then get it deep, and don't do it at stupid times. :shakehead

Dec 8, 2010
I honestly think one of Clowe or Staal and we take this series to 7 or win it.

Staal because he's our #1 D. Clowe because he adds a spark to the team and they play much bigger with him in the line-up. For all the talk about us getting outcoached, I think a lot is to be said for this team not having that spark and that identity building player, like Clowe is or what Avery did for us when he first came over. It used to be Callahan was that player but his ability to inspire the team has diminished and judging from his vanilla post-game interviews, I can see why. For whatever reason, this team has a soft psychological side -- it's maybe Tortorella's style wearing on them -- and a tough, confident, leader on the ice would have made a big difference.

And yes, I want Clowe back.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
"Has yet to prove his potential"

Posts back2back seasons with a PPG pace of 72 pts and 90 pts.

No signs of potential.

Would like to see him complete ONE full season without being injured.

If I'm moving McDonagh, I want a player that can prove to be healthy for at least one season.

72 pts - Not elite

90 or better - now we're talking elite

Just stay healthy...something Hall has yet to do.

Bardof425*

Hags-Stepan-Nash-
Kreider-Brassard-MZA
Clowe-Boyle-Cally-
Pyatt-Asham-Dorsett.

Oscar Lindberg. We've burned a year off his ELC anyway.

NYRANGERAMI*

No...lol...Most the same players were on the team that lost those 4 in a row for the Bruins. So they are more than prepared to not let it happen again. Can be done, but it will be much harder. But Rangers win in 7 in one of the greatest come backs in playoff history the NHL has ever seen. It is already written. LGRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Bardof425*

You just described Bret Hedican. Besides neither player having good offensive numbers.

Brett Hedican wasn't half the defensive stalwart that McD is. So, in his last full season McD being 7th in the league regarding ES points by a D-man isn't good? Stop.

Dec 8, 2010
The toughest part to handle is that this team has its collective heads up their ***es. We can all see the potential if they went on a tear.

And the Richards decline is just unfathomable. That has to be the story of the season. I've been watching hockey closely for 15 years and I've NEVER seen such a drastic and abysmal decline. One season he's a struggling star with game-breaking potential and the next season he's a minor leaguer. This has to go down as one of the worst non-injury related declines of this era. Talk about bad, bad luck.

Bardof425*

If I'm moving McDonagh, I want a player that can prove to be healthy for at least one season.

72 pts - Not elite

that and the 90 point projection only includes about 30 goals; not 50 or more. He's a very good player. But his team loses alot and he gets hurt alot. So, you cannot call him elite yet.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

72 pts - Not elite

If they trade McDonagh I'm done with this team. :laugh:

McD-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
Moore-McI

That's not bad in front of Hank. But who knows what happens with the Carolina/Staal situation.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
that and the 90 point projection only includes about 30 goals; not 50 or more. He's a very good player. But his team loses alot and he gets hurt alot. So, you cannot call him elite yet.
So an elite player must:
- Score 50 or more goals.
- Score 90 points.
- Play on a winning team.
- Stay healthy.

Am I missing anything?

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
If they trade McDonagh I'm done with this team. :laugh:

McD-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
Moore-McI

That's not bad in front of Hank. But who knows what happens with the Carolina/Staal situation.

McI isn't ready. I hope he surprises and earns that spot out of camp, but all I hear is that he's not ready.

Beyond pumped to see him in preseason come September though :nod:

Dec 8, 2010
I want richards to admit that he now sucks as a hockey player

Look at Jagr at 41. He's obviously slower and gassed after his shifts but he can still pass, be shifty on the ice, knows where to be on the ice. He still has a hockey brain. What happened to Richards hockey brain :cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad