Post-Game Talk: Bruins @ Rangers: Game ThrLOLee

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
Detroit fan here, watched your game last night, here's my 2 cents:

I agree that this was by far not your best game. Lundqvist and Zucharello were perhaps the only two players who managed to have a good game. Your PP was atrocious, Pierre McGuire seemed to have the same opinion :)laugh:), you had no energy, no motivation, you couldn't get 2 passes in a row

But to be honest, the Bruins are just better than you guys. Sure you played a very poor hockey game but they basically have the same team they had when they won the cup two years ago. Boston's team is built for this type of situation, their lineup is amazing, their tough guy does the best job in the league IMO, their 4th line is great, would probably pass as a 3rd line on most teams. These guys know how to get it done, they've been there. They've also had to go through quite a few challenges (e.g. 3-0 series lead, 3-0 game 7 lead, we all know how it ended).

Now I know you guys are pissed at a lot of things (Sather, overpaid stars that play on the 4th line, Tortorella, getting outcoached, Nash,...) but you gotta remember, you've made the 2nd round of the playoffs 2 years in a row now. It's truly unfortunate that you have to play the Bruins because I think that they would beat anyone at this point, they'd even give the Pens a run for their money.

I also want to remind everyone that without that 3rd period fluke goal by the Bruins and with a Rangers win, I think you'd all have a slightly different opinion on the state of things.

Plus you guys are still in this series, until they win the 4th game, you have to have faith in the team.

So after going on for four paragraphs telling us why we have absolutely no shot...you end it by saying we need to have faith in our team. :help:

You can't make up the type of things you see in here sometimes!

We know our team (and probably Boston) better than you, but thanks for playing....we have some lovely parting gifts for you.

Last edited:

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
do you realize there are only THREE posts that dont count as a goal if you hit them?

Left post... 1.
Right post... 2.
Crossbar... 3.

Hmmmm, what could be #4?

I dunno, this is a toughy.

Who is between those 3 posts?

Eeeehhhh, I'm stumped! Where's a beer?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
do you realize there are only THREE posts that dont count as a goal if you hit them?

It depends on what side you hit them from. Although a post across the bottom of the net would not only render the butterfly obsolete, but turn Rick Nash into a 5 goal scorer.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Would that really be a bad thing? Take Boston to 7 and lose? I'd rather win, but I wouldn't be able to complain too much if they were able to get the series to 7.

No it wouldn't; I am all for more Rangers hockey. I am going to just try and avoid getting my hopes up. If they win, that is great. If they lose, well I will just look forward to next season.

This series has been disappointing. I for sure thought the Rangers would match up well against Boston, and Games 1 and 3 were fairly close. The odds are against them, but battling back to win a few would be a good learning experience for the team.

BarbaraAlphanse

Ok guys. I laid in bed for a couple of hours and sulked. I worked out and sulked. I came back home and spent a few hours actually cleaning... and sulked. Had dinner and sulked. Now i'm on the couch about to watch the Penguins and i'm allowing myself to finally start thinking about a 4 game comeback.

Look at that, the clouds went away and the sun came out.

Today wasn't all that bad though. I think the future for this team looks bright. Miller, Kreider, Lindberg, McIlrath can all make a good impact for us next year. Cut some dead weight, get some glue guys that want to scrap, have a full training camp and year together to build camaraderie. I think we'll be in good shape next year (knock on wood).

Next game: We have no identity. We are sorely lacking in motivation. Torts "hope for a different level of desperation" is gonna fall short on this group of guys. We're too soft. Scratch Richards and call up Newbury. Add grit. That's what you want out of your 4th line guys. Newbury will add speed, he'll work the boards better than brad, he'll bring energy, and he'll take care of your Thornton problem so Dorsett can continue to chirp Marchand. If we lose, we lose, but at least we'll know it wasn't without an effort... something that this team hasn't given on a consistent basis at all this season or playoffs.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Ok guys. I laid in bed for a couple of hours and sulked. I worked out and sulked. I came back home and spent a few hours actually cleaning... and sulked. Had dinner and sulked. Now i'm on the couch about to watch the Penguins and i'm allowing myself to finally start thinking about a 4 game comeback.

Look at that, the clouds went away and the sun came out.

Today wasn't all that bad though. I think the future for this team looks bright. Miller, Kreider, Lindberg, McIlrath can all make a good impact for us next year. Cut some dead weight, get some glue guys that want to scrap, have a full training camp and year together to build camaraderie. I think we'll be in good shape next year (knock on wood).

Next game: We have no identity. We are sorely lacking in motivation. Torts "hope for a different level of desperation" is gonna fall short on this group of guys. We're too soft. Scratch Richards and call up Newbury. Add grit. That's what you want out of your 4th line guys. Newbury will add speed, he'll work the boards better than brad, he'll bring energy, and he'll take care of your Thornton problem so Dorsett can continue to chirp Marchand. If we lose, we lose, but at least we'll know it wasn't without an effort... something that this team hasn't given on a consistent basis at all this season or playoffs.

“@stevezipay: Hmm. Providence Bruins just blew a 3-0 lead in best-of-seven AHL playoff series. Can't be any kinda...nahâ€

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
What? Over? Did you say 'Over'?

Nothing is over until WE decide it is!

And it ain't over now!

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Hell NO!!! Who's with me?

Somebody needs a history lesson :laugh:

... and rehab.

Anyhow, I'm always for miracles ... let's see tonight ...

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
This may be slightly off topic but I've only ever seen the name Bashiok in reference to the Blizzard community manager.. Am I missing a joke here?

He said "Aren't you thankful?" Which when I was following that board Bashiok said that and got in a toooooon of doo doo w/ fans. Then Dead Space 3 actually titled one of their achievements "Aren't you thankful" and another one "Then we doubled it" (In reference to a quote by D3 lead Jay Wilson). I have to think when he said "Aren't you thankful" that he was referencing that. Same thing if I saw some1 say "Kuhl story bro" lol or is it Kuul? Whatever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad