Post-Game Talk: Bruins @ Rangers 01/23/13 "Gabotrick Edition"

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Gaborik and Nash were ****ing outstanding tonight.

Power play needs to be fixed, that **** was brutal. Nash doing everything by himself out there, and the 5 on 3 is such a joke at this point - I seriously thought the Bruins were going to score a shorty on that.

Hank needs to have that third goal, tough bounce off of Hagelin's stick though.

I love watching Nash play.

Pretty clear Torts is not putting up with growing pains, at all, in the shortened season. Kreider was quick to hit the pine. Might honestly be better to find a vet winger out there on the cheap and let Kreider get big minutes in the AHL the entire season. Compounded by the fact that now our forwards are playing extra minutes in the first half of a back to back... not a fan.

So great to get that first W. Keep it rolling tomorrow night in Philly.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
The Good: Nash-Richards-Gaborik, Gaborik hatty, Nash is a gamebreaker, Pyatt is a great addition, Del Zotto has been our best Dman, Staal had a good night.
The Bad: Defense and Lundqvist. Hank was decent, but I don't like that goal from Horton THAT late in the 3rd
The Redden: Flowerplay

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
It was nice to see Torts allow the offense to open up more.. They are too good for the dump and chase.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Each game getting a little bit better but they're still lacking in a lot of areas. Notably they're doing a terrible job in the defensive zone with the puck and pulling the dump and chase at times when they don't need to

Always feel a bit bad for guys like Kreider who get benched cuz the game is so tight, but he'll learn and Torts will get to trust him.

Also, why did they sign Halpern if they're not going to use him on faceoffs. The Rangers were horrible at faceoffs and it cost them at least 2 goals

Richards had a pretty ****** game outside of that assist, and Nash did some awesome things but needs to finish.

Well a win is a win, now go win tomorrow

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
well that was awesome. Nash, Richards, Gaborik are pretty scary together.

Pyatt chipping in nicely. Why does Torts not trust Kreider with more time? Did I miss a turnover? I was gonna make fun of Rupp then he had a good shift with Hagelin and Boyle keeping the puck in the zone

anyways, phew a win now lets go on a winning streak

Janerixon

Jun 16, 2002
Visit site
Our primary scoring is here to stay.
I love how this year the only deadline acquisitions we have to make are depth trades.
I also love how Gaborik is able to fly under the radar because of Nash.

3 needs:
1) A center who can win a faceoff
2) A coach to teach them how to run the PP
3) Torts needs to stop playing 4 d-men and 3 lines when they had a 1 week training camp, apparently he hasn't learned why this team was so worn down in the playoffs by the time we faced NJ

Great game for Gabby and Nash though, does Biron play tomorrow?

I Am Chariot

One shift at a time
Mar 19, 2006
Great finish...

But I really loved what I saw out of Nash tonight and MDZ getting his game smarts back too... looking good

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I dont know what to do to fix the flower play. its brutal and its not blooming anytime soon.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
That was a ****** game. Unimpressive.

Still feels great to be in the win column though. :)

Meh, I'd say half ****** and half unimpressive.

This team still has some things to work on. But if they can win playing like they did half the game, it just shows the skill they have in this lineup.

More consistent defense and Lundqvist getting back on his game, and this team is undeniably the best in the league, IMO. Need to get those two things to happen, though.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
If this game is a track meet, we'll lose.

Keep their chances down, keep the game tight and counterattack.

Sustained offensive zone pressure. We need it.

Richie has scored. Nasher has scored. Cally has scored. Hell, Pyatt has scored.

Gabby, it's time.

I called him out, and he showed up.

Good ****ing win boys

30theking

Mar 31, 2012
great game for gaborik. it's only been 3 games and nash has already made this offense look much better. don't think we'll here any more chants of we don't want you lol.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
You guys needed a reason why we should do anything we can not to lose Gaborik?

That, right there. He doesn't have the flair, but he scores goals. A lot of em.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad