Post-Game Talk: Bruins prove you can eat pasta with a spoon

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I have high blood pressure and have had heart surgery. So I avoid the main board at all costs. Why kill yourself literally if you don't have to ?:D

I'm glad the rookies are getting their chance. How hard did management have to twist Julien's arm behind his back before that happened. Keep it coming Pasta. You may chance Clode's philosphy as Bruins coach forever.

QFT

I now have high blood pressure too. Work is total stress.

You have to go to the main board and just laugh.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Congrats Spooner!:handclap:

Pasta was by far the best Bruin on the ice.
Nice job by Sveddy. Some rebound issues but he hung in there.
Another strong game by Ferlin. 4th line looking useful again.
Bart once again played well.

Please don't trade Krug.

Spooner & Pasta look really good together. Amazing what speed can do. Both are keepers. Stated this long ago.
I know Paille got a goal, but he needs to go.
$3 million Kelly centering the fourth line is not the answer in the cap world, but that is where he fits.
Liked Ferlin's game.
Chara was horrible once again. Chia should be convincing Chara it's time to go.
Like Bart of late. I would keep him.
Offense flare comes from Spooner, Pasta, Krug.
Where have you been Riley Smith????

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Id really love to see what spooner can do with pasta against montreal

If krejci can come back and be effective, Id stick Eriksson with him and put spoons and pasta with Soderberg for the playoffs assuming we can hold onto the spot

disfigured

Mar 29, 2003
Lowell MA
For me the inability to rally around Pies last goal was a huge let down. Especially against a decimated Nucks team.

This time I wasn't dissapointed. But they did come close to not being able to capitalize on what should be a team bonding situation. Sure Pie's been a lot of people's whipping boy, but it aint been from lack of effort (for the most part). Here's a guy who (on a consistency scale) has been working harder than most of the team, and with nearly nothing to show for it. Nada, zip, nothing. Each one of his opening scoring goals should have been a chance for the team to build on emotionally. One out of two isn't a great ratio. Hopefully Pie scores the opener (or any goal) again today (against the Yotes), and the boys (and fans) can realize there's more to making a team better than who's injured or no longer here.

Imagine the crow being eaten if a scoring binge from Paille is what ultimately lifts this team out of its funk? Not to besmirch posters, he has been the obvious and most tangible problem with the team. But to this forum's credit we'd eat that crow if it was the catalyst to an improved club.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Great OT goal by Spooner for the win. Trust me if we go to a shootout, you can mark that game down as a loss. This team SUCKS at shootouts.

Then again if we don't have a 2 goal collapse, we don't get in that situation, but at least we rallied to win.

Pasta is awesome. He's quite possible our best young offensive player right now.

We still need some big changes to make this team a contender.

I'm open to dealing Lucic, Marchand, Eriksson, Reilly Smith, etc. if we can get a legit 1st line player in return.

I'm targeting a guy like Taylor Hall. Rumors are the Oilers love Lucic. I don't want to overpay Lucic in an extension so I'd make him the main piece in a package for Hall...

Fair Warning

Nov 15, 2006
Grafton, MA
Great OT goal by Spooner for the win. Trust me if we go to a shootout, you can mark that game down as a loss. This team SUCKS at shootouts.

Then again if we don't have a 2 goal collapse, we don't get in that situation, but at least we rallied to win.

Pasta is awesome. He's quite possible our best young offensive player right now.

We still need some big changes to make this team a contender.

I'm open to dealing Lucic, Marchand, Eriksson, Reilly Smith, etc. if we can get a legit 1st line player in return.

I'm targeting a guy like Taylor Hall. Rumors are the Oilers love Lucic. I don't want to overpay Lucic in an extension so I'd make him the main piece in a package for Hall...

Dom said in another thread that a package centered around Lucic/Hall would make sense, but probably not until the off-season. I'm thinking that any big core or identity moves we make will be then rather than by Monday.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
This place is such a cesspool. Lucic had a good game and even when he doesn't, having him play with 2 155 lbs rookies is worth his weight in gold

Didn't say it was a bad thing, exactly why I said its working

Just saying its kind of funny watching two super speedy little guys out there with a slow massive man

Relax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad