Post-Game Talk: Bruins prove you can eat pasta with a spoon

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Beating the Habs in 88 is almost as sweet a memory as 2011.

Yep - ended years of misery with the Habs , even though it didn't end up in a cup at that point.

I was at the 'Too Many Men' game in 1979. To this day I don't know how we survived the drive back through the mountains in the middle of the night. I was at the Bucky Dent game 8 months earlier and that loss to Montreal hurt more.

Oh yes 88 was special.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Not only can you have Pasta with a Spoon...if you skip the Soup, you can have Pie for dessert.

Good game. Two points. Devils got a point - who cares? Marchand doesn't get a penalty called on him AGAIN - who cares? WE WON!

Behold the power of the Clodefish.

:laugh: good stuff dude

On February 26th, 2008 22 year old David Krejci scored his first NHL goal after scoring 12 assists before recording his first goal. He was called upon to replace 1st line center Marc Savard. It was his 36th NHL game.

On February 27th, 2015 23 year old Ryan Spooner scored his first NHL goal after scoring 12 assists before recording his first NHL goal. He was called upon to replace 1st line center David Krejci. It was his 35th NHL game.

Pretty freaky eh, solid find :nod: The believers knew it was coming, what a time to deliver :D

I love Ferlin. Kelly is also amazing on the 4th line, no team can match him there. Caron has looked pretty good and Cunningham is good, between those 4 we have a very solid 4th line. Pie is finding his game with the Swedes, too

Never got to see much of him and now that I do ... If he can shoot, could turn into something. He has nice vision in spots, that I've seen and excellent boardwork that translates into solid cycles down low...
Oh and young energy that dials it up. Enjoying Ferlin Show

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Wouldn't mind Florek getting a game or two with Kelly and Ferlin.

There's a name. What the heck happened to him? Looked to be a shoe-in this year after his end of the season last year and a pretty good playoff run. 24 points in 55 games down in Providence, it says.

He played well last year. Big guy, pretty good skater, went to the net... Not much upside but he looked like he was becoming a really good 4th liner. Surprised he hasn't been called up.

chicoutimicucumber

Aug 4, 2009
Pasta! And Spoons!

I thought they had a very good first 45 minutes. 2-0 lead. Total control. Then a PK oal, a collapse and it's 2-2 quick and going downhill. They hold on and cashed in on a very skilled passing play between the young guys Krug-Pasta-Spoon for a nice snipe finish.

Bring on Ari.

Agree. It’s worrying to see the same problems that have plagued this team all season long persist at such a pivotal moment... the inability to finish, the inability to raise their game to match the other teams’ desperation, the lack of confidence/mental fragility. But thank God, they hung on and the kids came through for us tonight on the offense.

I love Ferlin. Kelly is also amazing on the 4th line, no team can match him there. Caron has looked pretty good and Cunningham is good, between those 4 we have a very solid 4th line. Pie is finding his game with the Swedes, too
Agree--amazing how much more I love Kelly when he's playing in that spot. :naughty: I'm less optimistic than you about Pie on the Swedes line as a long-term solution, though here's hoping I'm wrong.

Soda had a couple of nice moments early in the game—really hope he is not nursing some sort of injury, and can get the goal-drought monkey off his back soon. Svedberg looked solid tonight. Still missing Krejc a lot.

Now back to watching the Trades board anxiously and praying for no boneheaded moves from Chia.

Last edited:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Man, if I'm chia I don't add anything to this ****tastic bunch.

Spooner, Pasta, 4th line and Krug were fun to watch. I'll say it again, I don't trade Krug straight up for Yandle.

This team overall just has no fire. It's just something you feel. Haven't seen a more robotic Bruins team in my life. Disinterested ... Lack of focus... The Chara and Hamilton pairing is baffling at times, like they forgot hockey. For some reason , chara constantly was going over to Dougies side...leaving the entire left side open but thank God the Devils have worse offense then we do.

Told my son Claude needs to put out 51-88-63-47 and we win this game....he started with Paille out there , almost died.

But the kids were worth the price of admission. The devils crowd sucks. Still,as disinterested as ever.

David Krejci*

Also Hamilton looks more and more like Tyler Myers. Not a good thing.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Well done. Well done...

Thanks - with all these food names, there are some names possible for goal-assist combos, even if most of these combos don't play on the same line....

Pasta/Spoon: Twirler
Pasta/Soup: Minestrone
Pasta/Pie: Lasagna
Spoon/Soup: Slurper
Spoon/Pie: A la Mode
Soup/Pie: Diner special, or "who forgot the main course?"
Soda/Spoon: Coke float

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'm guessing this means that Spooner had a good game? Can anyone give me an idea of how available the guy is? He's an interesting piece for SJ, and if you guys want to contend, I think we have some interesting pieces for you (nothing super important though, as I can't risk it hurting my Habs ;)).

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Ferlin reminds me of Peter "the one man cycle" Schaeffer. Dude is strong on the puck.

Goom 35

May 16, 2009
One of my favorite things tonight was how Pasta reacted after he got robbed by Schnider after that blocker save. He didn't even flinch and instantly went chasing the puck with a hop in his step. It looked like my little spazzy nephew when he plays in a good way. Just pure determination and enthusiasm.

Pastrnak is going to be great.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Only got to see the highlights but Lucic Spooner Pastrnak looked fast and productive

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
They should start Svedberg tomorrow too. Give Rask a real break.

I agree even though I am not quite sold on Svedberg. Rask needs a break and getting the two points tonight gave us a little breathing room and the next game isn't until Thursday so Rask could get likely the lengthiest break he will get from now until the playoffs start.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I agree even though I am not quite sold on Svedberg. Rask needs a break and getting the two points tonight gave us a little breathing room and the next game isn't until Thursday so Rask could get likely the lengthiest break he will get from now until the playoffs start.

I agree, but for a slightly different reason.

I'm assuming Rask really did have a cold or something. Yeah, conspiracy theorists could say that Rask was asked to play sick so that he could get a day of much needed mental rest. And having Rask not in the building may make Svedberg a better player - the same way a tightrope walker is less likely to fall if there's no net.

But I think he had a bug. If he did, then resting him another day is a great idea, because a rest day with a cold is not really a rest day. Plus, it's Arizona. (Then again, Edmonton. :facepalm:) And if you're resting Rask, the only other options are Svedberg (confidence back after a win), Subban (confidence probably still a little rocky; I think he's better than how he played, but still not as good as Svedberg), or "Hi, I'm Jeremy Smith".

I'll take choice A.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I can't believe there's a thread on the main board about marchands dive. I thought those weren't allowed. A Bruins fan tried to post one last week about Vancouver player diving and it was quickly shut down

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad