Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects X - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Maybe his current benching plus his cerebral, unspectacular style is skewing my current opinion. I would have said 2nd round, still a great pick.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I heard healthy scratch but I could be wrong. I'm not even criticizing Heinen, just surprised he landed in 1st round in the article.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Swayman has been lights out this year No doubt. But I was suckered into mcintyres college numbers too and that didn’t work out. I thought al Montoya was going to be the next roy and that didn’t work out. I’m officially hopeful but leery on great college goalies. For every hellebuyck there’s like 10 mcintyres

Reactions: PepeBostones

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Swayman has been lights out this year No doubt. But I was suckered into mcintyres college numbers too and that didn’t work out. I thought al Montoya was going to be the next roy and that didn’t work out. I’m officially hopeful but leery on great college goalies. For every hellebuyck there’s like 10 mcintyres

One thing to consider is that McIntyre was playing for a better team than Swayman. Swayman's faced 100 more shots than anyone else in Hockey East (35 per game). When Maine wins, he's the reason. I'd feel worse if he was playing for one of the top teams in the NCAA.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

Are college goalies really more likely to bust than junior or euros? There are quite a few in the league; Quick, Bishop, Demko, Hellebucyk, Elliott, Scheider... Tim Thomas.

OT: Think about how rare it is for a goalie to make it to the NHL. Of the tens of thousands of goalies around the world, only 62 get to play in the NHL at any one time. Only 31 are starters. That's .00028%. Talk about the best of the best.

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
Are college goalies really more likely to bust than junior or euros? There are quite a few in the league; Quick, Bishop, Demko, Hellebucyk, Elliott, Scheider... Tim Thomas.

OT: Think about how rare it is for a goalie to make it to the NHL. Of the tens of thousands of goalies around the world, only 62 get to play in the NHL at any one time. Only 31 are starters. That's .00028%. Talk about the best of the best.
Momma don’t let your baby grow up to be a goalie. Think of poor Rob McGovern. Fantastic youth and prep career, plays at Maine as a freshman, gets invite to Bs development camp, Swayman comes in and takes his job at Maine and he’s now trying to get a gig in the E. Kid was a terrific young goalie but there just aren’t enough spots for terrific young goalies.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Swayman is in such a good spot,plays in every game,see's tons of rubber, is watched by the Bruins staff constantly, doesn't have many easy games,have to imagine his tuition bill is mostly covered by an athletic scholarship, not to mention Maine is very affordable to begin with,I'd love to see him come out this year but I think he stays and gets his degree

Reactions: PepeBostones

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Swayman is in such a good spot,plays in every game,see's tons of rubber, is watched by the Bruins staff constantly, doesn't have many easy games,have to imagine his tuition bill is mostly covered by an athletic scholarship, not to mention Maine is very affordable to begin with,I'd love to see him come out this year but I think he stays and gets his degree

If he stays, doesn't he becomes UFA eligible?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I don't know what the deadline is. Maybe @lost peanut could chime in?

As cheg said, Aug 15th 2021 if he completes his senior year. IF he leaves early, it's 30 days after he files notice with the NHL that he has left college.

I'm not sure who Swayman's "family advisor" is (just a formality since college players can't have agents, but they are agents) but I wouldn't be surprised if there have been conversations about leaving school early.

Reactions: Dr Hook

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
As cheg said, Aug 15th 2021 if he completes his senior year. IF he leaves early, it's 30 days after he files notice with the NHL that he has left college.

I'm not sure who Swayman's "family advisor" is (just a formality since college players can't have agents, but they are agents) but I wouldn't be surprised if there have been conversations about leaving school early.

Thank you, and thanks @cheg1349 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad