Post-Game Talk: Bruins prospects in Buffalo - Game 3 | BRUINS 9 Devils 3 FINAL

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Tickets ($10 each) will go on sale on Aug. 7 at 10 a.m., and can be purchased at the KeyBank Center Box Office in Buffalo, by phone at 1-888-223-6000, or online at Sabres.com.

Here is the full schedule:

Friday, Sept. 8

Pittsburgh vs. Boston, 3:30 p.m.

Buffalo vs. New Jersey, 7 p.m.

Saturday, Sept. 9

New Jersey vs. Pittsburgh, 3:30 p.m.

Buffalo vs. Boston, 7 p.m.

Monday, Sept. 11

Boston vs. New Jersey, 12 p.m.

Buffalo vs. Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.

Last edited:

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Why don't they ever do these at the Garden anymore? I miss the cheap tix and you could sit wherever you wanted.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Any games on tv

Considering NESN/NESN+ won't even cover every preseason home game, I doubt it'll be on NESN. Especially since it competes against the Red Sox in September, when they'll ostensibly be entering their playoff push.

If the Sabres are nice, they'll toss up the arena cam feed online. If they're really nice, they'll sync their radio guys to it. If they're really, really nice, they'll have their own MSG feed up and stream it online for everyone outside of Buffalo to see.

I don't seem to remember the feeds form Nashville (2-3 years ago?) or Buffalo last year being available online, but I could be wrong.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Considering NESN/NESN+ won't even cover every preseason home game, I doubt it'll be on NESN. Especially since it competes against the Red Sox in September, when they'll ostensibly be entering their playoff push.

If the Sabres are nice, they'll toss up the arena cam feed online. If they're really nice, they'll sync their radio guys to it. If they're really, really nice, they'll have their own MSG feed up and stream it online for everyone outside of Buffalo to see.

I don't seem to remember the feeds form Nashville (2-3 years ago?) or Buffalo last year being available online, but I could be wrong.

Sabres had them online last year.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
or at Warrior arena unless it`s too small?

It's capacity is only 650. I'd say the last time they did this at the Garden, the loge was probably 3/4 full so that wouldn't work unless you shut a lot of people out.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins Announce Roster And Schedule For Prospects Challenge

BOSTON - The Boston Bruins announced today, August 31, the team's roster and schedule for the 2017 Prospects Challenge, which will be held September 8-11 at HarborCenter in Buffalo (100 Washington St., Buffalo, NY 14203). This marks the third consecutive year the Bruins have participated in the challenge. The Bruins defeated New Jersey (4-3) and Buffalo (4-3) in last year's Prospects Challenge. Bruins prospects who participated in last year's tournament and also played in at least one regular season game with Boston in 2016-17 include forwards Anton Blidh, Peter Cehlarik, Danton Heinen, Sean Kuraly, defensemen Brandon Carlo, Matt Grzelcyk, Rob O'Gara and goaltender Zane McIntyre.

The Bruins' rookies will compete against the Buffalo Sabres, Pittsburgh Penguins and New Jersey Devils' rookies in the round-robin challenge featuring prospects from each team. The participating teams will each play three games during the course of the event, which is being held entirely at HarborCenter. Media availability for the Bruins prospects and staff will take place after the respective practice or game.

BOSTON BRUINS ROOKIE CAMP/PROSPECTS CHALLENGE ROSTER

Forwards: Anders Bjork, Shawn Boudrias*, Jake DeBrusk, Ryan Fitzgerald, Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson, Jesse Gabrielle, Alex Gacek*, James Hamblin*, Danton Heinen, Justin Hickman, Joona Koppanen, Sean Kuraly, Cedric Pare, Zach Senyshyn, Oskar Steen

Defensemen: Victor Berglund, Connor Clifton*, Matt Grzelcyk, Owen Headrick*, Emil Johansson, Jeremy Lauzon, Charlie McAvoy, Rob O'Gara, Ethan Sakowich*, Jakub Zboril

Goaltenders: Kyle Keyser*, Luke Richardson*

*Denotes player attending rookie camp on an invite basis

https://www.nhl.com/bruins/news/bru...-schedule-for-prospects-challenge/c-290815336

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Bruins Announce Roster And Schedule For Prospects Challenge

BOSTON - The Boston Bruins announced today, August 31, the team's roster and schedule for the 2017 Prospects Challenge, which will be held September 8-11 at HarborCenter in Buffalo (100 Washington St., Buffalo, NY 14203). This marks the third consecutive year the Bruins have participated in the challenge. The Bruins defeated New Jersey (4-3) and Buffalo (4-3) in last year's Prospects Challenge. Bruins prospects who participated in last year's tournament and also played in at least one regular season game with Boston in 2016-17 include forwards Anton Blidh, Peter Cehlarik, Danton Heinen, Sean Kuraly, defensemen Brandon Carlo, Matt Grzelcyk, Rob O'Gara and goaltender Zane McIntyre.

The Bruins' rookies will compete against the Buffalo Sabres, Pittsburgh Penguins and New Jersey Devils' rookies in the round-robin challenge featuring prospects from each team. The participating teams will each play three games during the course of the event, which is being held entirely at HarborCenter. Media availability for the Bruins prospects and staff will take place after the respective practice or game.

BOSTON BRUINS ROOKIE CAMP/PROSPECTS CHALLENGE ROSTER

Forwards: Anders Bjork, Shawn Boudrias*, Jake DeBrusk, Ryan Fitzgerald, Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson, Jesse Gabrielle, Alex Gacek*, James Hamblin*, Danton Heinen, Justin Hickman, Joona Koppanen, Sean Kuraly, Cedric Pare, Zach Senyshyn, Oskar Steen

Defensemen: Victor Berglund, Connor Clifton*, Matt Grzelcyk, Owen Headrick*, Emil Johansson, Jeremy Lauzon, Charlie McAvoy, Rob O'Gara, Ethan Sakowich*, Jakub Zboril

Goaltenders: Kyle Keyser*, Luke Richardson*

*Denotes player attending rookie camp on an invite basis

https://www.nhl.com/bruins/news/bru...-schedule-for-prospects-challenge/c-290815336

I'm stunned, frankly. Usually the Bruins don't bring second year pro's to these events. They've made the right call here bringing in Heinen and DeBrusk so that they can see who stands out when all the high end rookies are on the ice together. Nice to see JFK deign to partake in a rookie event.

Also surprised to see the Euros (Steen, Koppanen) considering their pro training camps are already underway.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
thanks for posting, wally.

of the invites, the 2 guys i like are boudrias and keyser. boudrias i thought should've been drafted in june - big kid (6'4"), also i think he was youngest eligible draftee. his skating needs some work, but protects puck well, has good raw tools and a pretty good shot. keyser is really athletic and quick - he backed up brodeur's kid in oshawa last year. another raw talent but i think there's some upside.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
uh, one issue would be date availability, and that's not just TD Garden, it's the smaller arenas that have that same issue. Even Providence has that issue, as would Portland.

uh, this league appears to be doing just fine?

http://www.dabeautyleague.com/home

There are plenty of smaller venues the league could use if they wanted to do something. It would just require a little planning and effort.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Anyone care to explain why McAvoy is playing in this? Shouldn't he be getting ready to log 20-25 minutes per night in the NHL, not playing in a meaningless tournament?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad