Boston Bruins Bruins Prospects Discussion IV - Mod warning 565

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
What about Frederic and Donato? Competition today is so tight...There will have to be some concerns from these 2 players.

There will be no concerns for either player. Frederic was taken in the first round by the Bruins. You aren't wasting a pick on a player who isn't going to sign with you that early. Bruins took Frederic early, because they believed in him. I don't see him spurning the Bruins.

Donato is a Boston boy who's dream has been to play for the Bruins. They took him with a 2nd, and once again, I don't see him leaving to go elsewhere.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Paid or Moved.

Sweeney draft prowess is going to give him a challenge of being able to fit everyone in under the cap.With Pasta, Bergeron, Marchand, Backus and Rask sign with lucrative contracts through the 20-21 season and then with Debusk,McAvoy, Carlo, Bjork ,Cehlarik,Grizz, and Heinen all being RFA before then or by then and with the flock of other prospects knocking on the door Donny is going to have be very creative and more than likely will need to move a player or two for picks or move picks and players for a top player.

It seems pretty much inevitable.
From what i see, And while Bjork and Cehlarik have promise and i like what i see from both, This team could trade them both this deadline to address a grizzled winger and maybe an upgrade for a top four DMAN.

They have plenty of other kids coming soon and with Heinen, DeBrusk, Kuraly, we have youth in the lineup. JFK, Danoto, Frederick, Senyshen, .....Bjork and Cehlarik to me are the guys i would dangle.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
From what i see, And while Bjork and Cehlarik have promise and i like what i see from both, This team could trade them both this deadline to address a grizzled winger and maybe an upgrade for a top four DMAN.

They have plenty of other kids coming soon and with Heinen, DeBrusk, Kuraly, we have youth in the lineup. JFK, Danoto, Frederick, Senyshen, .....Bjork and Cehlarik to me are the guys i would dangle.

Who is this grizzled winger who will help push bruins over the top? We already have a Backes and the 4th line provides some pretty darn good skilled puck pursuit needed on every team?

Last edited:
Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

That grizzled winger better be young enough to help now and the future and have some term. Same with the defenseman. Bruins can't be giving up pieces for rentals. That goes against what Sweeney is building.

Reactions: Blowfish and TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

I would like to see this only because I feel the Bruins aren't far away from being a legitimate Cup Contender and I like their depth upfront. I'm under the belief that you can never have enough good defenseman and if the Bruins can package some youth and bring in another top 4 d-Man I'll like their chances as much as anyone's.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
That grizzled winger better be young enough to help now and the future and have some term. Same with the defenseman. Bruins can't be giving up pieces for rentals. That goes against what Sweeney is building.

I agree or you dont make the move. who says a grizzled vet is going to produce as much as the youth has already.

Realistically it looks as though Buffalo, Ottawa and Arizona and possibly Detroit will be the teams throwing in the towel and I like the defensive players who may become available a lot better than the forwards when you put age salary and term into the equation.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Like you said...Sweeney should stay the course. Bruins have the depth today to go on a nice run in the playoffs.

Without knowing current agreements...perhaps Sean Couterier, Andres Lee?

Not Happening. Islanders are in the playoff hunt and he's one of the best goal scorers in the game. Their not giving him up. Unless you way over pay.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Like you said...Sweeney should stay the course. Bruins have the depth today to go on a nice run in the playoffs.

Without knowing current agreements...perhaps Sean Couterier, Andres Lee?

I don't see either of those guys as options. Courturier is almost a PPG player for Philadelphia this year and seems to be finding his game at 25 years old. He's a big piece to Philly. Lee, just don't see them giving up a cheap goal scoring winger like Lee, though he'd be awesome.

Reactions: TCB

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Not Happening. Islanders are in the playoff hunt and he's one of the best goal scorers in the game. Their not giving him up. Unless you way over pay.

Even if they overpay.

Anders Lee is 3rd in the NHL in goals scored in the past 365 days.

The Islanders are not trading him.

BruinsNetwork

Here’s another strong shift from ZBoril last night against Belleville. As I’ve mentioned, he’s been straying away from trying to be offensive and just playing solid, mobile & physical defense. This might end up being the type of player Zboril has to be if he wants to succeed— and there’s nothing wrong with that. It’s not a secret he has been struggling to play a full two-way game the past two seasons, either.

There are still issues with the player, but he’s been a very good player for the second half of his games played in Providence. You’ll notice how fluid of a skater he is in this clip, his gap-control and good defensive stick that is able to break up plays.

Zboril ultimately made the defensive play in his own zone at the end of that clip, and skated/passed the puck out of trouble.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

My buddy is an NHL full time scout and told me Bjork is going to be a 30 goal scorer with elite defensive skills

Not dealing him

To add - he was bang on about Heinen

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Here’s another strong shift from ZBoril last night against Belleville. As I’ve mentioned, he’s been straying away from trying to be offensive and just playing solid, mobile & physical defense. This might end up being the type of player Zboril has to be if he wants to succeed— and there’s nothing wrong with that. It’s not a secret he has been struggling to play a full two-way game the past two seasons, either.

There are still issues with the player, but he’s been a very good player for the second half of his games played in Providence. You’ll notice how fluid of a skater he is in this clip, his gap-control and good defensive stick that is able to break up plays.

Zboril ultimately made the defensive play in his own zone at the end of that clip, and skated/passed the puck out of trouble.

You are down there what is word on Lauzon

BruinsNetwork

My buddy is an NHL full time scout and told me Bjork is going to be a 30 goal scorer with elite defensive skills

Not dealing him

To add - he was bang on about Heinen

You are down there what is word on Lauzon

To add some context to DKH’s post— I’ve talked to a few scouts in Providence about Bjork and they all had similar things to say. As good as Heinen is, I think Bjork’s ceiling is actually higher. I’d also refrain from moving him.

On Lauzon, he hasn’t played since 11/22 but recently started skating. I’m not sure what the injury actually is, I haven’t heard anything at all. The team is being very patient with him, which is good.

Before this injury, Lauzon was the best defensemen in Providence, in my opinion. The offense wasn’t there yet, but it was trending in the right direction as he was making some nice plays. When I spoke to him about two-months ago, he had said he was trying to piece together his entire game and bring the offense like he had in juniors. He classified himself as a two-way defender. Great head on his shoulders and just a genuinely good kid. Not sure I’ve ever seen him without a smile on his face. Tough break for him to be injured again like this, hoping he’s fully-healed and back in the lineup soon.

Reactions: Flannelman and DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
To add some context to DKH’s post— I’ve talked to a few scouts in Providence about Bjork and they all had similar things to say. As good as Heinen is, I think Bjork’s ceiling is actually higher. I’d also refrain from moving him.

On Lauzon, he hasn’t played since 11/22 but recently started skating. I’m not sure what the injury actually is, I haven’t heard anything at all. The team is being very patient with him, which is good.

Before this injury, Lauzon was the best defensemen in Providence, in my opinion. The offense wasn’t there yet, but it was trending in the right direction as he was making some nice plays. When I spoke to him about two-months ago, he had said he was trying to piece together his entire game and bring the offense like he had in juniors. He classified himself as a two-way defender. Great head on his shoulders and just a genuinely good kid. Not sure I’ve ever seen him without a smile on his face. Tough break for him to be injured again like this, hoping he’s fully-healed and back in the lineup soon.
I saw Lauzon twice in Providence early and he was as you say.

I hate he's missing these games but more concerned these injuries aren't going to deter him.

After he's played 100 AHL games I don't think he's ever there again his future is in the NHL

nonoffensiveusername

May 23, 2009
My head absolutely spins when I think about the depth in the organization. We already have a pretty stacked lineup getting iced on the big team, and right now we could probably field another decent offensive line (that would get better over time) and a D pair out of the prospect pool if the NHL allowed 15 forwards and 8 Dmen, and STILL have depth left.

Reactions: DKH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad