Boston Bruins Bruins Prospects Discussion IV - Mod warning 565

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsNetwork

I’ve been studying some film of prospects, especially in Providence, and came across this gem of Senyshyn.

Completely flat-footed at a standstill in his own zone. Takes the puck hashmark-to-hashmark in 6.0-seconds, then makes a nifty pass to the front of the net but no one was home.

You simply cannot teach the skill & speed that he has.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara

I’ve been studying some film of prospects, especially in Providence, and came across this gem of Senyshyn.

Completely flat-footed at a standstill in his own zone. Takes the puck hashmark-to-hashmark in 6.0-seconds, then makes a nifty pass to the front of the net but no one was home.

Very impressive how he covered so much ground = quick feet. Add to that while carrying the puck. Text book skating acceleration and full length strides,

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Lindgren, like Vaakanainen, is a potential modern day shutdown partner with a guy like McAvoy.

Lindgren sounds like he could be a great partner for McAvoy down the road. Can log big minutes, cover for McAvoy to go on the rush and has a nasty streak. Add him in as Chara’s replacement and we have a full USA d group.

Lindgren-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Grzelcyk-Miller

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Impressed by the 5th round pick of 6'5" Centre Joona Koopanen. He was named player of the game today for Finland. So far in 3 games he has 3 pts (2 goals and assist) and plus 3, good all around player.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Loving the recent videos on your twitter. Hopefully you keep it going!

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
I think he is wearing the spoked B before the Sawx Openah
He's certainly ready.

If I'm the Bruins management, I'd want him to go back for 1 more year just to spread out the contracts. A number of the key contributors are due for pay raises in 2 years which would be the start of his ELC if he went back for his Senior year. They have a number of AHL guys ready for the NHL next year including JFK and Senyshyn so there's no rush for a warm body to take an NHL spot.

Plus, he, like Gryz, is a local kid that wants to play for the Bruins so I would not fear UFA. The only caveat is, if he wants to leave now, you sign him. Don't let him walk.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He's certainly ready.

If I'm the Bruins management, I'd want him to go back for 1 more year just to spread out the contracts. A number of the key contributors are due for pay raises in 2 years which would be the start of his ELC if he went back for his Senior year. They have a number of AHL guys ready for the NHL next year including JFK and Senyshyn so there's no rush for a warm body to take an NHL spot.

Plus, he, like Gryz, is a local kid that wants to play for the Bruins so I would not fear UFA. The only caveat is, if he wants to leave now, you sign him. Don't let him walk.
I think he's coming out

He will be 22 in April

He's ripping it up in college

i would be stunned if he's not playing in the NHL this season even if a game

Reactions: 00BW

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
I think he's coming out

He will be 22 in April

A quick look over at capfriendly shows that if his ELC starts next year (no NHL games this year) it will line up to end when Krejci's contract ends so there would be plenty of cap room.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I think he's coming out

He will be 22 in April

i'd be shocked if he stayed in school. everything i've heard says he's turning pro once harvard is done.
preferably he signs an ELC that starts in 2018-19, and plays in providence the rest of the year, but
i assume this is another JFK scenario where we burn a year.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
i'd be shocked if he stayed in school. everything i've heard says he's turning pro once harvard is done.
preferably he signs an ELC that starts in 2018-19, and plays in providence the rest of the year, but
i assume this is another JFK scenario where we burn a year.
Agree

Lot of kids going to have to be paid

2019-20 forwards

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Heinen
Donato-JFK-Backes
Bjork-Frederic-Senyshyn
Kuraly
Acciari
Cehlarik
Studnicka
Nash
Schaller
Spooner

If I'm Hughes I am not signing here

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Agree

2019-20 forwards

DeBrusk-Krejci-Heinen
Donato-JFK-Backes
Bjork-Frederic-Senyshyn
Kuraly
Acciari
Cehlarik
Studnicka
Nash
Schaller
Spooner

What about Frederic and Donato? Competition today is so tight...There will have to be some concerns from these 2 players.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Agree

2019-20 forwards

DeBrusk-Krejci-Heinen
Donato-JFK-Backes
Bjork-Frederic-Senyshyn
Kuraly
Acciari
Cehlarik
Studnicka
Nash
Schaller
Spooner

Paid or Moved.

Sweeney draft prowess is going to give him a challenge of being able to fit everyone in under the cap.With Pasta, Bergeron, Marchand, Backus and Rask sign with lucrative contracts through the 20-21 season and then with Debusk,McAvoy, Carlo, Bjork ,Cehlarik,Grizz, and Heinen all being RFA before then or by then and with the flock of other prospects knocking on the door Donny is going to have be very creative and more than likely will need to move a player or two for picks or move picks and players for a top player.

It seems pretty much inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad