Post-Game Talk: Bruins @ Ottawa - Bruins win 3 - 2!!! S/O

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
Saw this on twitter from Haggs. Claude Julien termed Chris Neil hit on Chris Kelly as "accidental" and didn't think it merited a penalty: "It happened right in front of me"

NHL have warned teams about :cry: to the media most likely.

Neil went down later so it could be pay back for the Bruins. ;) ;)

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Every goalie gets beat on those shots. Show me the numbers that say he sucks high glove or high blocker.

What is his SvPct on those shots?
How does that compare to around the league?

I won't hold my breath waiting for these numbers either like all of the blueline shots he has let in this year.

You said you weren't holding your breath for me to illustrate how he was beaten glove side from 40 feet on shots he saw all the way. I gave you two examples from one game.

There was an example tonight. You're saying it was an unstoppable shot. I'm saying a goalie w/ an elite glove stops that. Or, at the least has his glove in the ballpark. We disagree. Get over it.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Best you can expect on a breakaway is 50/50. Certainly not going to eat his lunch over a breakaway that shouldn't have happened.

We were spoiled w/ TT. But what did his detractors say? 5-hole. What did he do? He closed it. Then no one had any clue where to go on him. Tuukka needs to do the same. Right now that's difference between Tuukka being elite, and very, very good.

I agree with you, but I think he would benefit by being more aggressive. Sometimes I feel he makes himself too small in these situations. Breakaway goals are rarely the goalies fault,

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Peverly to center. Caron and Bourque will be his wingers.

This line will be even worse than when Kelly was healthy and playing with Bourque.

Bourque experiment is done IMO, if they are going to pull somebody up from Providence it should be somebody else given the opportunity.

sjaustin77

Oct 28, 2007
You said you weren't holding your breath for me to illustrate how he was beaten glove side from 40 feet on shots he saw all the way. I gave you two examples from one game.

There was an example tonight. You're saying it was an unstoppable shot. I'm saying a goalie w/ an elite glove stops that. Or, at the least has his glove in the ballpark. We disagree. Get over it.

You are wrong. He was screened on Pacioretty's shot and it was the only one from that game. Markov didn't score at all in that game. So no you haven't given me any examples. You haven't given me any stats that show he needs to work on this area.

Tonight's shot was also tipped, it wasn't a clean shot. I also never said it was unstoppable so I'll wait for you to show me where I said that too. Now that I have seen that it was tipped I will say that it was unstoppable and no goalie stops that shot. He is an elite goalie.

We do disagree. You are wrong on every shot you have used to show he is bad high glove. Get over it.

Si Hopkins

Dec 8, 2007
Easthampton
magichelicopterpress.com
A few notable all time stats related things from tonight's game:

1.) Chara played his 500th game for the Bruins. Tomorrow night he'll be in a tie with Brad Park for 17th all-time for Bruins' defensemen.

2.) Chara's assist tonight puts him in a tie for 7th all-time in assists for Bruins' defensemen. He needs 20 more to tie Glen Wesley for fifth. The assist also gave him 294 points for the B's. He needs 8 more points to tie Dallas Smith for 5th all time in points for B's defensemen. Fourteen more points and he'll pass Glen Wesley for 4th all time in points for B's defenseman. After that, it's exclusive company as it'll be awhile before he goes any higher points-wise. He has a decent shot at 417 and Brad Park, but it'll be a couple years at least one would think. It's interesting to consider that already, Chara will statistically be in the top five Bruins defenseman of all-time.

2.) Krejci played game number 400 for the Bruins which places him 14th all time for Bruins centers. If he plays every game the rest of the way, he'll finish at number 10 all time.

Points-wise, he has 17th place all to himself for Bruins centers all-time. He needs a measly 9 more to tie Mr. Marc Savard for 16th all time. If he can grab another 15 points this season he'll take Fleming Mackell's position at 15 all time for B's centers. In terms of points overall Krejci is 41st all time and is four points away from his 300th career point. He's poised to move a good six or seven spots up the ladder by the end of the season should all go smoothly.

3.) Tuukka's win tonight was his 60th for the B's. No movement up the all time stat sheet on which he currently sits 14th in wins all time. 8 more wins, though, and knocks Don Simmons out of the 13th spot. Should be his no prob. If things go winningly next year, Tuukka will be in the top 10 all time for Bruins' goalies in wins.

4.) And, of course, Claude Julien tied Mr. Schmidt for 2nd all time in wins for Bruins coaches. If this reign of winning carries on and he can grab 30-40 wins a season over the next, say, 3 years, he has a shot at the top spot which is 361. That would be really cool to see.

Stats certainly don't prove the whole measure of the player, but it's pretty cool to watch the way our current B's players are impacting the organizational record books. Still probably WAAAAAY more info than you wanted to know!!!!

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
The line (as a cumulative trio) might be "awful" for 4 games, but IMHO that's because Horton has been invisible. Krejci, as an individual, is on a 4 game point streak - it's daft to say that he's been "awful". Lucic had a gamer going before being kept off the score sheet tonight (admittedly, all assists), so it's tough to say that he's been "awful". Meanwhile, Bergeron is pointless in 3 of his past 4 ... yet he's the one that's not playing "awful".

It just slays me to see people talk about how "streaky" and "awful" a guy that's on a 4 game point streak and has points in 7 of his last 9 games. If only the whole team could be so "awful".

Stats don't really tell the story , over. They got points last game on the PP. Game before that DK got hit w/a puck before someone put it in. I said 5 on 5, they aren't doing much. It would be one thing if they were generating chances (which Bergy's line is). I expect them to do more than dump it in, bat it around the boards a few times, then go to the bench. Worse, buried in their zone. You're preaching to the choir on Lucic. I expect his linemates to do more when he overpowers 2 guys for a puck. He spends his entire shift on the perimeter getting them the puck, and the best they can do it bat it back into a corner. That line should be dominating, at least physically. DK, ok, I don't expect that. Horton? Craig Janney could knock him over right now.

Tired of arguing. LKH line is playing to expectations w/ the 3rd line ******** the bed, and now down a center. Tuukka has the best glove since Patrick Roy.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
But good news for BOS, for now, is as bad as it looked when Kelly left, there's no initial/evident massive damage to knee. We'll see.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
A few notable all time stats related things from tonight's game:

1.) Chara played his 500th game for the Bruins. Tomorrow night he'll be in a tie with Brad Park for 17th all-time for Bruins' defensemen.

2.) Chara's assist tonight puts him in a tie for 7th all-time in assists for Bruins' defensemen. He needs 20 more to tie Glen Wesley for fifth. The assist also gave him 294 points for the B's. He needs 8 more points to tie Dallas Smith for 5th all time in points for B's defensemen. Fourteen more points and he'll pass Glen Wesley for 4th all time in points for B's defenseman. After that, it's exclusive company as it'll be awhile before he goes any higher points-wise. He has a decent shot at 417 and Brad Park, but it'll be a couple years at least one would think. It's interesting to consider that already, Chara will statistically be in the top five Bruins defenseman of all-time.

2.) Krejci played game number 400 for the Bruins which places him 14th all time for Bruins centers. If he plays every game the rest of the way, he'll finish at number 10 all time.

Points-wise, he has 17th place all to himself for Bruins centers all-time. He needs a measly 9 more to tie Mr. Marc Savard for 16th all time. If he can grab another 15 points this season he'll take Fleming Mackell's position at 15 all time for B's centers. In terms of points overall Krejci is 41st all time and is four points away from his 300th career point. He's poised to move a good six or seven spots up the ladder by the end of the season should all go smoothly.

3.) Tuukka's win tonight was his 60th for the B's. No movement up the all time stat sheet on which he currently sits 14th in wins all time. 8 more wins, though, and knocks Don Simmons out of the 13th spot. Should be his no prob. If things go winningly next year, Tuukka will be in the top 10 all time for Bruins' goalies in wins.

4.) And, of course, Claude Julien tied Mr. Schmidt for 2nd all time in wins for Bruins coaches. If this reign of winning carries on and he can grab 30-40 wins a season over the next, say, 3 years, he has a shot at the top spot which is 361. That would be really cool to see.

Stats certainly don't prove the whole measure of the player, but it's pretty cool to watch the way our current B's players are impacting the organizational record books. Still probably WAAAAAY more info than you wanted to know!!!!

Great info ! Thanks:nod:

NastyNate17

Jan 3, 2011
Fort Sam Houston
Have only read a few comments of some people mustering about Tuukka giviing up a few goals tonight...seriously people think about it...you go down 2-0 early on in the game and Rask shut the door after that came up huge in regulation and then in the shootout seals the deal. All you can possibly ask for from your goaltender..give your team a chance to win and battle until the final horn sounds...another spectacular performance from Tuukka Rask :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Gold Medal Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,850.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Empoli vs AS Roma
    Empoli vs AS Roma
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $45.00