Proposal: Bruins/oilers bruins/kings bruins/florida

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Now that the trade embargo with edmonton is lifted i think bruins should make the deal for puuljujarvi. Edmonton is looking for cap relief but isnt really a playoff contender this year

My proposal
Tobias reider
Alex petrovic
And jesse puuljujarvi
For
Danton heinen
And anders bjork

Oilers shed 4 mill salary so they can activate sekera... also get 2 new skilled young wingers for next season

Boston gets playoff depth with the 2 ufa... and has a chance to rehibilitate puuljujarvi to get that talent out of him

The trade would give boston too many nhl dmen, so i suggest moving kevan miller to LA where he is origionally from

Ilya koverchuck 2 mill retained
And a 3rd round pick
For
David backes
And kevan miller

This trade hinges on everyone waiving their ntp.

Kovalchuk wanted a chance to be on a winner... he would have picked boston if they gave him 3 years. Would backes accept a deal to LA? next year his ntc becomes modified. LA seems a nice place to live in winter. If he knows hes being traded anyhow he might accept

This almost makes boston complete but still need a third line center so get brassard out of Florida... another expiring ufa

Can offer
Jacob zboril
And a second round pick
For
Brassard

So what could boston look like after these 2 trades?

Pastrnak/bergeron/marchand
Puuljujarvi/krejci/kovalchuk
Reider/brassard/debrusk
Wagner/kuraly/nordstrom
accairi/Donato

Carlo/chara
Mcavoy/grezlyck
Moore/krug
Petrovic

Boston now has 3 line depth... a 4th line built for playoffs...

Puuljujarvi is a much more interesting talent for the future than anything boston gives up here

If reider works out he can resign. Depending how much the cap goes up, there might be enough money to resign brassard. Boston actually has 3 kid centers knocking on the door so they might just let brassard walk. Also lauzon is ready for nhl and urho probably is too so can let petrovic walk (or trade grezlyck in off season maybe and keep petrovic for 3rd pair?)

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Bos laughs and laughs and hangs up the phone on the EDM one.

I don't see why LA does their trade. They gain nothing from that.

3rd one is too much for Brassard. Make the 2nd a 3rd and it'd be fine.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
not that it makes much difference but Toby Rieder is listed as a pending RFA and not UFA.
Dont know much about the 2 BOS prospects but Oilers are not trading away Pulju+ just to fit in Sekera this year.
They can easily do it another way.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
And a 3rd round pick
For
David backes
And kevan miller

Kovalchuk wanted a chance to be on a winner... he would have picked boston if they gave him 3 years. Would backes accept a deal to LA? next year his ntc becomes modified. LA seems a nice place to live in winter. If he knows hes being traded anyhow he might accept

Honest question, why do you think the Kings would do this? The Kings trade the by far better player, with salary retained and throw in a 3rd round pick as well? Beyond the value making absolutely no sense, it doesn't make sense organizationally, because it would end up hurting roster and salary wise for the team. The Kings would be basically trading a 3rd round pick for the honor of having 4.25 million extra in salary of players 30+ added to their cap. I would like to know what reasoning you came up for them when you made this proposal.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Honest question, why do you think the Kings would do this? The Kings trade the by far better player, with salary retained and throw in a 3rd round pick as well? Beyond the value making absolutely no sense, it doesn't make sense organizationally, because it would end up hurting roster and salary wise for the team. The Kings would be basically trading a 3rd round pick for the honor of having 4.25 million extra in salary of players 30+ added to their cap. I would like to know what reasoning you came up for them when you made this proposal.

They get out from under Backes contract sooner than Kovis...but that’s all I see. Not a good trade for LA without the Bruins adding a top prospect like Vaakaneinen or better.

Edit: Backes also due only 5 million in total over two years (1 the first and 4 the second) after July 1st in real money. Probably easy for LA to dump...but yeah they would need more incentive to do the work instead of Boston doing it on their own.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
They get out from under Backes contract sooner than Kovis...but that’s all I see. Not a good trade for LA without the Bruins adding a top prospect like Vaakaneinen or better.

Edit: Backes also due only 5 million in total over two years (1 the first and 4 the second) after July 1st in real money. Probably easy for LA to dump...but yeah they would need more incentive to do the work instead of Boston doing it on their own.

Both contracts end the same year.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
UPDATED: * * * *
TO BOSTON

3rd round pick 2020

TO LA
David Backes
Kevan Miller
2nd round pick 2021
4th round pick 2020

The main issues for the Kings remain, in that they will be adding 4.25 million in additional salary and 2 additional rosters spots to 30+ players who are no longer positive players and all they get in exchange for that is a minor draft pick exchange(A Bruins 2nd won't be much different from a Kings 3rd). There just doesn't seem to be any benefit to the Kings doing this, especially when they are currently trying to find room for younger players to get playing time.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
No to the first one. Reider and Petrovic expire after this year, no need to "dump" them.

Pulju for Donato + JFK
Nothing more, nothing less

Talbot will be the one going to make room for Sekera, or Manning and Rattie will just be buried on the farm, simple.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
No to the first one. Reider and Petrovic expire after this year, no need to "dump" them.

Pulju for Donato + JFK
Nothing more, nothing less

Talbot will be the one going to make room for Sekera, or Manning and Rattie will just be buried on the farm, simple.

I think Donato is already better than puuljujarvi, I have a feeling that a deal like that wouldn't be acceptable for Boston. So yeah, nothing at all is a lot better.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
The main issues for the Kings remain, in that they will be adding 4.25 million in additional salary and 2 additional rosters spots to 30+ players who are no longer positive players and all they get in exchange for that is a minor draft pick exchange(A Bruins 2nd won't be much different from a Kings 3rd). There just doesn't seem to be any benefit to the Kings doing this, especially when they are currently trying to find room for younger players to get playing time.

I can understand the reasoning behind thinking Miller is not a good fit because he is 31, but why do you think he "is no longer a positive player"? Miller is pretty capable and he has shown that he thrives as a playoff player and he can play a top 4 role in the playoffs and be very successful. I don't want the Bruins to trade him at all, I think he is an important part of the D because of his ability to jump up in the lineup. Backes is a 4th liner at this point.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Now that the trade embargo with edmonton is lifted i think bruins should make the deal for puuljujarvi. Edmonton is looking for cap relief but isnt really a playoff contender this year

My proposal
Tobias reider
Alex petrovic
And jesse puuljujarvi
For
Danton heinen
And anders bjork

Oilers shed 4 mill salary so they can activate sekera... also get 2 new skilled young wingers for next season

Boston gets playoff depth with the 2 ufa... and has a chance to rehibilitate puuljujarvi to get that talent out of him

The trade would give boston too many nhl dmen, so i suggest moving kevan miller to LA where he is origionally from

And a 3rd round pick
For
David backes
And kevan miller

This almost makes boston complete but still need a third line center so get brassard out of Florida... another expiring ufa

Can offer
Jacob zboril
And a second round pick
For
Brassard

So what could boston look like after these 2 trades?

Pastrnak/bergeron/marchand
Puuljujarvi/krejci/kovalchuk
Reider/brassard/debrusk
Wagner/kuraly/nordstrom
accairi/Donato

Carlo/chara
Mcavoy/grezlyck
Moore/krug
Petrovic

Boston now has 3 line depth... a 4th line built for playoffs...

Puuljujarvi is a much more interesting talent for the future than anything boston gives up here

If reider works out he can resign. Depending how much the cap goes up, there might be enough money to resign brassard. Boston actually has 3 kid centers knocking on the door so they might just let brassard walk. Also lauzon is ready for nhl and urho probably is too so can let petrovic walk (or trade grezlyck in off season maybe and keep petrovic for 3rd pair?)

You've just made the Bruins ten times worse!! What are you smoking up there north of the border?!?! It can't be legal here. My God!!
Reider hasn't scored a goal all year. Petrovic sucks, Kovalchuk is horrible. Pulujarvi is a bust so far, can't help them now. Brassard is way way overrated. These proposals are horrible!!

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
As an Oiler fan I don't know enough about the prospects to make an informed decision . On paper it seems good . I will leave it to fellow Oiler fans who are more familiar with the prospects

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I can understand the reasoning behind thinking Miller is not a good fit because he is 31, but why do you think he "is no longer a positive player"? Miller is pretty capable and he has shown that he thrives as a playoff player and he can play a top 4 role in the playoffs and be very successful. I don't want the Bruins to trade him at all, I think he is an important part of the D because of his ability to jump up in the lineup. Backes is a 4th liner at this point.

All reasons i just can't imagine Boston trading Miller as they move on for a playoff run. Bruins don't have someone to replace the physical element he brings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad