Boston Bruins Bruins Off-Ice Happenings

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Best outside event they do all year.

Spent all of last week at Children's with my son. Couldn't be happier that he's out of there now, but seeing the Bs would've been a nice consolation prize for him if he had to stay a few more days. That week aged me more than any year I can think of.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Spent all of last week at Children's with my son. Couldn't be happier that he's out of there now, but seeing the Bs would've been a nice consolation prize for him if he had to stay a few more days. That week aged me more than any year I can think of.
Wow, hope he is doing okay now!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Hope he's doing well now!

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Thanks. We got really lucky. Poor little bugger was diagnosed with Crohn's. Not good, but far better than leukemia which they thought it might be initially.
That would definitely make for a difficult week! Wow. Glad it's not leukemia, at least.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Thanks. We got really lucky. Poor little bugger was diagnosed with Crohn's. Not good, but far better than leukemia which they thought it might be initially.
So glad it isn't leukemia! Hope he starts to feel better soon!

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Was that the only group? Seems like they usually split up and hit different hospitals

They split up and go to different hospitals for the holiday toy drive in December - I still remember Pasta driving some sort of mini-car in a Target (Walmart?) while he had a broken leg when they showed them shopping. I think it was either 2016 or 2017? But for Halloween, there's usually only one group of 6-8 of them that go to a single hospital.

I absolutely love the costumes this year, but my favorite hasn't been topped.

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013
After last season's late night out they've been forcing Pastrnak to wear the protective bubble at all times off the ice anyways. Only easier choice would have been the Spaceman McAvoy got.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins to honor 3-year-old battling brain cancer at Tuesday's game

The Bruins acquired Charlie Coyle from the Wild on Feb. 20 because they realized they needed to plug a gap on their third line before the playoffs. Coyle, a Weymouth native, was more than happy to come home to help out the B’s -- and just about anyone else in his hometown who needed a hand or a lift.

The latest example comes on Tuesday night. Quinn Waters, the 3-year-old Weymouth boy who has become known as “The Mighty Quinn” as he battles brain cancer, will drop the ceremonial first puck before the Bruins host the Sharks at TD Garden (7:05, NESN, WBZ-FM 98.5).

“I’m excited, and I know the guys are excited,” Coyle told The Patriot Ledger.

Coyle was acquired just weeks after doctors discovered a tumor on Waters’ brain stem. “They’ve been kind of been asking about it, hearing about it. It’s going to be really cool.”

Coyle, who has participated in many local charitable events since coming home, was a natural to visit Waters this summer at the “Quinndow” -- the picture window where Waters, who was confined to in-home recovery because chemotherapy erased all vaccines and natural immunities, greeted a swelling number of guests that included local youth teams, first responders, superheroes, musicians, and athletes like Coyle, who brought along Bruins mascot Blades and a load of Bruins gear.

Things have changed since then. Late last month, Waters was allowed to go outside his house for the first time since treatment began, and he and his family -- parents Jarlath and Tara, 7-year-old sister Maggie -- were able to accept the Bruins’ invitation to drop the first puck at Tuesday’s Hockey Fights Cancer Night.

“We’re just so happy he can be out and about, having fun outside the ‘Quinndow,’” Coyle said. “Not that he didn’t have fun there, but just to be out, and to come to a Bruins game -- they’re big fans, and all that -- and to get recognized, as he should. I’m sure he’s really excited, maybe a little nervous.”

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Bruins to honor 3-year-old battling brain cancer at Tuesday's game

The Bruins acquired Charlie Coyle from the Wild on Feb. 20 because they realized they needed to plug a gap on their third line before the playoffs. Coyle, a Weymouth native, was more than happy to come home to help out the B’s -- and just about anyone else in his hometown who needed a hand or a lift.

The latest example comes on Tuesday night. Quinn Waters, the 3-year-old Weymouth boy who has become known as “The Mighty Quinn” as he battles brain cancer, will drop the ceremonial first puck before the Bruins host the Sharks at TD Garden (7:05, NESN, WBZ-FM 98.5).

“I’m excited, and I know the guys are excited,” Coyle told The Patriot Ledger.

Coyle was acquired just weeks after doctors discovered a tumor on Waters’ brain stem. “They’ve been kind of been asking about it, hearing about it. It’s going to be really cool.”

Coyle, who has participated in many local charitable events since coming home, was a natural to visit Waters this summer at the “Quinndow” -- the picture window where Waters, who was confined to in-home recovery because chemotherapy erased all vaccines and natural immunities, greeted a swelling number of guests that included local youth teams, first responders, superheroes, musicians, and athletes like Coyle, who brought along Bruins mascot Blades and a load of Bruins gear.

Things have changed since then. Late last month, Waters was allowed to go outside his house for the first time since treatment began, and he and his family -- parents Jarlath and Tara, 7-year-old sister Maggie -- were able to accept the Bruins’ invitation to drop the first puck at Tuesday’s Hockey Fights Cancer Night.

“We’re just so happy he can be out and about, having fun outside the ‘Quinndow,’” Coyle said. “Not that he didn’t have fun there, but just to be out, and to come to a Bruins game -- they’re big fans, and all that -- and to get recognized, as he should. I’m sure he’s really excited, maybe a little nervous.”

I hope the crowd raise the roof for this kid tonight. I remember seeing him on Behind the B, am delighted to hear his prognosis is good.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I hope the crowd raise the roof for this kid tonight. I remember seeing him on Behind the B, am delighted to hear his prognosis is good.

Weymouth is my hometown. It's mostly blue collar, hard working, a hockey hotbed, and if it does one thing well; it takes care of its own. Even if it is just the Weymouth residents cheering, I'm sure that roof will be up and gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad