Boston Bruins Bruins Off-Ice Happenings

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I think Backes is still a Bruin at heart...

One of the projects the construction company I work for has a Project Manager for the City of Portland by the name of David Backes. I want to ask him so badly if he's related. Physically they could be cousins, it's eerie when we have our online meetings. I want to ask him so badly LOL

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
One of the projects the construction company I work for has a Project Manager for the City of Portland by the name of David Backes. I want to ask him so badly if he's related. Physically they could be cousins, it's eerie when we have our online meetings. I want to ask him so badly LOL
Doooooooo ittttttt lol

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
we need more of these please. Got a nice surprise yesterday at our local grocery store as I was grabbing all our final items of food for the next few days, got to the cash and because I was the 250th customer through this particular check out girl`s line, she gave me a coupon for one free turkey.

We already have a Turkey so I`m about to drive Mrs Odaat off at work and heading down to a great spot for those in recovery that essentially is open from 8 am to 10 pm daily for those to have a place to have meetings and stay in touch with others in recovery, they are putting together hundreds of take out Christmas dinners, one more turkey for them to cook up for those in need.

Big believer in paying it forward as many did for me when I was down on my luck
This is awesome.

There is nothing better than paying it forward.

Reactions: ODAAT

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Welcome to the world Wren Elizabeth Carlo. Congrats to Brandon and Mayson!

upload_2021-9-7_18-33-23.png

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
McAvoy
Sway
Freddy??
Foligno
Carlo
Kuhlman
Reilly
Clifton
Forbort

My guesses anyway

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Good luck figuring out who is who there. :laugh:

It's funny how differently minds work. Typical of most, as I've aged my memory has changed. I won't say gotten worse, because I'm not sure it has.

For example: I remember players numbers from my childhood much more easily than I do the current team.

When people post lineups by number --- this is what it looks like to me:

63 - 37 - 88
XR343 - 4d-pnh
## - 322- 78e
nn - 2d# - ii

I also have a better chance of recognizing a 60 something year old Keith Crowder in person than I would 70% of this team.
(And I pretty much haven't missed a game since the early 90's)

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
It's funny how differently minds work. Typical of most, as I've aged my memory has changed. I won't say gotten worse, because I'm not sure it has.

For example: I remember players numbers from my childhood much more easily than I do the current team.

When people post lineups by number --- this is what it looks like to me:

63 - 37 - 88
XR343 - 4d-pnh
## - 322- 78e
nn - 2d# - ii

I also have a better chance of recognizing a 60 something year old Keith Crowder in person than I would 70% of this team.
(And I pretty much haven't missed a game since the early 90's)

I can relate. Funny how that works.

Reactions: sarge88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad