Boston Bruins Bruins Off-Ice Happenings

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I wonder if the Bruins are going to do a modified version of their Christmas shopping trip for kids? I can't fathom they'd drop it entirely.

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I wonder if the Bruins are going to do a modified version of their Christmas shopping trip for kids? I can't fathom they'd drop it entirely.

They managed to do the Halloween hospital visit so I'm sure they'll come up with something for the Christmas shopping trip.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I guess they aren't doing it this year :(

My guess is that the players are laying low during the NHL/NHLPA "negotiations" or whatever you want to call them for the 2021 season. I've noticed that everyone seems to be laying low in terms of "official" interactions - no interviews with Bergy on the official Bruins site, for example.

While I'd love for them to have done something this year, I assume it takes a lot of coordination between the team and the players to make something like that happen - you need cameras, you need to find kids to receive the gifts, you need transportation.

Plus, in the COVID-era, it would certainly look like a mutated version of what they did last year - I don't want Pasta in a rent-a-Santa costume riding on a toy car in a Target like he did a few years ago.

In fact, they DO have an appropriately socially distanced initiative this year:

Boston Bruins Announce Holiday Initiatives

They're giving robots to hospitals, which are going to be able to visit the kiddos via Zoom, sing, and play a few games. Maybe they'll toss that up on the website. It's also extra awkward because Chara would definitely be helming this initiative, and he's not technicalyl a Bruin, so I understand how he can't "officially" be a part of anything.

Reactions: Bruinaura

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
My guess is that the players are laying low during the NHL/NHLPA "negotiations" or whatever you want to call them for the 2021 season. I've noticed that everyone seems to be laying low in terms of "official" interactions - no interviews with Bergy on the official Bruins site, for example.

While I'd love for them to have done something this year, I assume it takes a lot of coordination between the team and the players to make something like that happen - you need cameras, you need to find kids to receive the gifts, you need transportation.

Plus, in the COVID-era, it would certainly look like a mutated version of what they did last year - I don't want Pasta in a rent-a-Santa costume riding on a toy car in a Target like he did a few years ago.

In fact, they DO have an appropriately socially distanced initiative this year:

Boston Bruins Announce Holiday Initiatives

They're giving robots to hospitals, which are going to be able to visit the kiddos via Zoom, sing, and play a few games. Maybe they'll toss that up on the website. It's also extra awkward because Chara would definitely be helming this initiative, and he's not technicalyl a Bruin, so I understand how he can't "officially" be a part of anything.
Yeah... :(

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Boston Mayor Marty Walsh Addresses Possibility Of Having Fans At TD Garden - NESN.com

“The Bruins, I actually went over there the other day to take a tour of the Garden. They put some really great protocols in place for when we get fans back in the Garden. It’s really amazing what they’ve done,” Walsh said, via WEEI.com. “I walked around. I was really impressed with it. I’m hoping we get fans back. …

“They’re trying to shoot for February or March (for a return of fans),” Walsh also said.

Reactions: Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
That would be great. But for me? With an anxiety disorder, who was just getting used to being in crowds. I think its goinh to be a while until I feel comfortable going to places. It hurts me. But if I see fans on tv, it will cheer me up. Hopefully we get to that point of normalcy again.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
So what did they say?? Any good stories? :D

Not really it was more of a general thing- how disappointed they all were at how the 2010 season had ended & how determined they were to wipe that out the following season. Also about how losing Nathan Horton inspired them to win the Cup for him.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Well, it was kind of dorky, and I'll never be a fan of Russo, but I'm glad they did this

Craig Smith sighting!

Unwrapping presents... "Don't use your nose, Marchand" :laugh:

Studnicka doesn't know his reindeer names :skeptic:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Good job Pasta

we need more of these please. Got a nice surprise yesterday at our local grocery store as I was grabbing all our final items of food for the next few days, got to the cash and because I was the 250th customer through this particular check out girl`s line, she gave me a coupon for one free turkey.

We already have a Turkey so I`m about to drive Mrs Odaat off at work and heading down to a great spot for those in recovery that essentially is open from 8 am to 10 pm daily for those to have a place to have meetings and stay in touch with others in recovery, they are putting together hundreds of take out Christmas dinners, one more turkey for them to cook up for those in need.

Big believer in paying it forward as many did for me when I was down on my luck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad