Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Leafs, time to sweep those Bears!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Just looked at Boston's depth chart... jeez, outside of the top line and Rask, that is an atrocious team on paper. Have to win this one

It's the 80/20 rule. 80% of their success comes from 20% of their players. And that 20% is pretty hot right now.

Boston is a team that will play their best player alot. They don't care about rolling 4 lines.

JumboJoe19

Hank027
Aug 4, 2007
Toronto
It's the 80/20 rule. 80% of their success comes from 20% of their players. And that 20% is pretty hot right now.

Boston is a team that will play their best player alot. They don't care about rolling 4 lines.

not true at all lol whens the last time u watched a bruins game?

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
1lq2jq.jpg

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Sounds like Carrick might be in on Rielly's right. Thought Marchenko was good. Carrick has more speed and is a nasty man.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Monster game. Hoping Mitch and Matthews can rip it up.

I see you not mentioning Nylander probably because he already beasts it against the Bruins.

I'm predicting a big game from him.

I'm so excited to see those three players develop...Marchand went from a relative nobody to a superstar, these guys are already killing it as teenagers.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Since tomorrow is the Bruins last game of their Canadian road trip and the fact they are playing at home on Tuesday against Ottawa, hopefully it will be one of those games where they are not in it mentally and can't wait to get back home.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Since tomorrow is the Bruins last game of their Canadian road trip and the fact they are playing at home on Tuesday against Ottawa, hopefully it will be one of those games where they are not in it mentally and can't wait to get back home.
They had 3 days off inbetween games and went home, so I doubt it.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre

Yeah they have some hot players right now but the bruins have one of the leagues best corsi's and always out shoot their opponents by several shots. Eventually they were going to get things going and string some wins together

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Leafs need to beat these guys badly. It's an uphill battle the rest of the season if the lose.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Bruins will come in strong. They don't play around. Gonna be a good one. Nervous

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
VERY tough game tomorrow this team has to really be ready from puck drop.

Gonna need 60 minutes from everyone, I'll settle for a really good 50.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Stick Kadri to Bergeron
Stick Komarov to Marchand
Nylander vs. Pastrnak

Mathews Marner JVR Bozak Brown should be outplaying their counterparts.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto

The game is important for both teams. No one will coast through it regardless of their schedule.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I see you not mentioning Nylander probably because he already beasts it against the Bruins.

I'm predicting a big game from him.

I'm so excited to see those three players develop...Marchand went from a relative nobody to a superstar, these guys are already killing it as teenagers.

Nylander's been beasting for the last month. Time for all three to turn it up for the stretch run.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Stick Kadri to Bergeron
Stick Komarov to Marchand
Nylander vs. Pastrnak

Mathews Marner JVR Bozak Brown should be outplaying their counterparts.

Let the ruins deal with these top 6 for a game:

Jvr/Matthews/Nylander.

Komarov/kadri/Marner.

Its time for these looks for a few reasons on individual bases and match up depth down the stretch. Matthews and Kadri would really need to focus on winning half their faceoffs to be effective defensively. The bottom 6 would possess the puck more efficiently with Bozak and Boyle winning draws and the wingers provide work ethic and a pretty good chance of offense against a lower quality of competition.

Matthews would really drive the offense with the switch to Jvr on his left side without much doubt. Marner would get heavy defensive responsibility so as not to lose his defensive work ethic and it could be a nice motivation for all six players.

goleafsgo88

Oct 6, 2010
Komarov-Kadri-Brown will have their work cut out for them. Hopefully the Kadri that showed up against McDavid will show up tomorrow. If we can hold the Marchand line to a draw I think we'll come out on top. GLG

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Greetings from Boston

A lot has changed in the 6 weeks since we last met. Julien was fired after the Leafs 6-5 win in Boston and the Bruins have been playing well since.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...maple-leafs/2rxRT4FKl3UsJwN1p53MdJ/story.html

Bruins forward Patrice Bergeron missed Sunday’s practice at Warrior Ice Arena for a maintenance day. He’ll travel with the team to Toronto, but his status remains uncertain for Monday night’s game against the Maple Leafs.

“I expect him to play, but I’ll know more in a couple of hours,†coach Bruce Cassidy said.

Bergeron has three goals and 12 assists in his last 13 games.

The Bruins returned to practice after two days off. Following Thursday’s 7-4 loss against the Edmonton Oilers, the Bruins arrived home early Friday morning. They took 4 of 6 points on a three-game Western Canada road trip and are third in the Atlantic Division with 82 points. Toronto is in the second wild-card position, 3 points behind Boston in the Atlantic.

Should be a good game.

:popcorn:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
HUGE game, biggest game of the season by far and I know people say that every game but they are wrong, THIS game could decide the season

if you win you go 4 points up on TB and 3 up on NYI for that final playoff spot if that happens ten you are in COMPLETE control of not only your playoff fate but the playoff fate of TB and the NYI as well, you are basically in. plus you are 1 point back of Boston with a game in hand soon to be 2.

if you lose and it's in OT well you are still 3 up on TB and 2 up on the NYI and the NYI need to pass you a tie does them no good.

if you lose in regulation then you need to hope Arizona can do you a favour and beat TB.

THIS is it THIS game could decide if we make it or not

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
While this game is huge for 3rd place in Atlantic, it really isn't a must win game to make the playoffs. They can lose this one and still make the playoffs but probably won't get 3rd place in division if the Leafs have to get 6* more points than them the rest of the way (they own tiebreaker because of ROW).

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
like all games right now - if we do have to lose - get the point.
it is written that Marchand + Bergeron will get points vs. us. so Nylander needs to counter that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille