GDT: Bruins@Leafs 7PM SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
This is big in a lot of ways, Willie now gets a good run at center, which will impact our future moves, no doubt. Leivo will also get a long stint, again it will impact what we feel we need to do next year, if he's successful. Pretty interesting, short term and long.
Leivo who has asked for a trade might be in the process of being showcased for the TD and this might be his last game as a Leaf.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Why can't we put Kapanen with Nylander on the same line imagine that speed

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
Has someone taken over Babcock's brain the past month and a half?

Nylander to center over Marleau, Leivo in over Martin, Komarov not getting bumped to the top line. The Babcock of December would have never done this...
He was even quoted in saying that if Willy plays well enough, he's sticking at centre. This is a real opportunity for him, its not a one game thing.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Personally I like Babcock. I think he's a little more of a chess player then some people think. He thinks way ahead as does the management team.... in general. His moves earlier in the season with who he plays where in the lineup were to give some guys a longer time to develop. Hence Komorov or Polak in a bigger role then they should be. Or when Nylander jumps in to take faceoffs while playing wing.... its all a process. Nylander may very well stick at center at some point soon. Same as not bringing up guys off the Marlies to fast. Babcock is dumb as a fox......

Also I don't agree with everything he does. I even enjoy the gud pro comments. .. to each their own. He's the coach for a reason though. Like it or not.

Longtimeleaffan85

Feb 8, 2018
Gotta love babcocks direction !!! Gonna be major lineup adjustments until he finds chemistry like he has with Naz and Mitch !!! Kappy and willie will get their chance together in the next couple of weeks

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Leafs vs Bruins is always my favourite matchup because of how much I hate them. The games being on HNIC make it all the more special too

GO LEAFS GO!

Reactions: MattySnipes

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Also poor Martin. I agree that he should not be playing and other wingers should get the opportunity to play before him, but it must be tough going from a regular to a major cast off

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
This should be an interesting test, if the Bruins top line starts to feed whoever matches against them our lunch I wonder how long until the lines go into a blender.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
On some nights people argue Hyman or Brown should be on the 4th line. We basically have two 4th lines now with the exception that one gets Nylander. I'm not a fan of the current setup. 5 on 5 points about to take a huge hit.

Nylander needs a finesse player on his wing if he's moving to center. Not Brown. Hyman is there for the puck retrieval role.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Interesting to see how our second PP looks without Matthews. Funny enough I wouldn’t be surprised if it sees a production increase. I predict a big night from Big Will tonight

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine if Leivo gets a hat-trick? Will they play Leivo when Matthew's returns, that would be awkward for Leivo/Leafs.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Leivo who has asked for a trade might be in the process of being showcased for the TD and this might be his last game as a Leaf.
Matthews was injured, he’s an offensive player, don’t think this is necessarily showcasing.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Tonight's Officials
tp20.jpg
jb26.jpg

Referees Tim Peel (20), Jake Brenk (26)
Linesmen Scott Cherrey (50), Tony Sericolo (84)
Ntl. Anthem Martina Ortiz-Luis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad