Post-Game Talk: Bruins @ Leafs 12/8/13

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
He also missed over 25 % of possible playoffs games... you knoe, the games that actually matter.

most of which were due to the freak injury of getting cut by a skate on the wrist down to the bone so all in one year. he has missed like 4 others in the years since which again included two cup final years.

he is not injury prone.

SmBoston

Dec 8, 2013
Bridgewater
My recording cut out right before the Iginla goal so here are my thoughts up to that point:

- I'm blown away by how good Miller has been. The goal was a nice reward but the guy has just been so solid. That play where he ate 30 seconds off the clock on the PK was a thing of beauty

- Seidenberg stepped up huge with Hamilton going down

- Soderberg was a beast, and really carried that line with the two kids.

- Spooner and Fraser weren't great, but they weren't bad either. Fraser had a couple nice defensive plays I noticed and Spooner had that one good rush in the first. Caron was the best of the three; I thought he had a very strong game.

- Smith was great again. He's going to be great on that line. Marchand is still fighting it; same old story.

- And Johnson looked pretty good too! Rusty at first, but stepped up when we needed him to!

Agree with all of your points!

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Boychuk, McQuaid and Seidenberg are all somewhat injury prone... 8.25 is a big cap hit for injury-prone defensemen who don't provide any offense.

Boychuk had 6 goals in the playoffs last year and Seidenberg isn't great offensively, but he's good enough to be a plug on the powerplay when needed and knows when to pinch to keep a cycle alive. I wouldn't say that these guys give us no offense.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
i1Sr42uILqKuK.gif

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
most of which were due to the freak injury of getting cut by a skate on the wrist down to the bone so all in one year. he has missed like 4 others in the years since which again included two cup final years.

he is not injury prone.

Damn you for using logic against someone who is losing an argument. :laugh:

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
Lucky they are playing Calgary/ Edmonton next as they are terrible, hopefully Reilly is the real deal the kid is amazing.

I think we can still get those 2 wins even in our current shape. After that at least Boychuk and McQuaid could/should be back, Spooner i believe will stick so i think we're good.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
He also missed over 25 % of possible playoffs games... you knoe, the games that actually matter.

But that stat comes from him missing all 13 playoff games his first year here.

Since that time

2011 Cup run 25 of 25 games played
2012 Playoffs 7 of 7 games played
2013 Cup run 18 of 22 games played

2011 - 2013 50 of a potential 54 games played.

Sorry but you're analysis just doesn't hold weight on this one.

Neely2005

Nov 3, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
I don't see them trading either Seidenberg (who they just re-upped) or Boychuk, their number 2 and 3 defenseman respectively, when they are trying to win now. McQuaid would make more sense, but he is making 1.5 mil, and what are you going to get in return? I think having him for the depth and experience he brings your team is more valuable than the third line player he would likely fetch in a trade.

You are going to need 8-9 NHL-caliber defenseman to get through a deep playoff run. Even with Bart and Krug in the system last season, Chia still traded for Redden at the deadline. Turns out, we needed just about every last defenseman we had at some point. Defenseman get hurt. It is a physically demanding position to play. Right now, you have 8 NHL-caliber defenseman that have all contributed this season, and I wouldn't be looking to trade any of them unless a glaring hole opens elsewhere on this team.

I liked Redden, wouldn't mind getting him back and he's available.

Anyone know if he's been working out?

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
didn't Redden announce his retirement? I doubt he's prepared to jump into the lineup any time soon.

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
Damn you for using logic against someone who is losing an argument. :laugh:

While I also don't feel that Seidenberg is "injury prone"... I will play devil's advocate and note that he has played through some injuries (I believe he played injured in last year's finals). Having said that, the guy is an absolute horse, and he is definitely our #2 guy (at times #1).

GrandGerryCheev

Oct 13, 2008
Brighton, MA
I hope we get the 2 points from the next two games. Definitely doable. After all the shenanigans and hoopla that went on in the Penguins game I didn't give us a chance last night.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
According to CJ, the flu bug has bitten the team. Campbell had it yesterday when he played. Today Chara, Miller, Johnson and Campbell missed practice because of it.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
According to CJ, the flu bug has bitten the team. Campbell had it yesterday when he played. Today Chara, Miller, Johnson and Campbell missed practice because of it.

This sucks.

My guess is they may need to bring an extra Dman and forward. Hope our top two centers don't get it.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Have they ever heard of flu shots. Ahem David Krejci, stay far away.

I am betting they mean the throwing up and loose stool flu that isn't really the flu but we call it the flu.

I am willing to bet they get vaxed for the actual flu.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
While I also don't feel that Seidenberg is "injury prone"... I will play devil's advocate and note that he has played through some injuries (I believe he played injured in last year's finals). Having said that, the guy is an absolute horse, and he is definitely our #2 guy (at times #1).

There isn't a defenseman in the NHL that doesn't suffer injuries. Some (like Seidenberg) can play with injuries better than others.

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
I was lucky enough to get good tickets to this game.

Lucic really stands out on the ice. Just has that aura that he is going to do whatever he wants and nobody can touch him.

Miller also looked really good. I can see Boychuk being moved for him down the road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad