Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Jets- Feb. 17- 5:00 P.M CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
3rd in team for shots on goal.... None at all...

That's the crazy thing about hockey. You can look at statistics, but sometimes it doesn't amount to a hill of beans :laugh:

I sure hope that the hockey gods shine on the Jets again soon. When I put my emotions aside I do see players that care, and are trying. I also see a lot of bad stuff happening to us at inopportune times.

We have to keep battling and only hope that things start bouncing our way. It would sure help if Pavelec would lift this team on his ample shoulders for the next few weeks :)

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
That's the crazy thing about hockey. You can look at statistics, but sometimes it doesn't amount to a hill of beans :laugh:

I sure hope that the hockey gods shine on the Jets again soon. When I put my emotions aside I do see players that care, and are trying. I also see a lot of bad stuff happening to us at inopportune times.

We have to keep battling and only hope that things start bouncing our way. It would sure help if Pavelec would lift this team on his ample shoulders for the next few weeks :)
It be nice for pavs to have back to back good games again, so Noel and the forwards would feel safe enough to open the ice a bit again and stop chocking our forwards offensively... Unfortunately that's what you have to do when you got a shaky goalie that you have no confidence in: sacrifice offence for defence and that's what they've been doing.... Sigh

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Saturday practice audio

To make it easier to access, will post the audio links in one thread, similar to Morning Papers.

Coach-Noel-scrum-300x142.jpg

Coach Noel - Enstrom shoulder issue. Requires an MRI. Who will he pair with Buff? Is his team doing the right things? What are some things his team needs to do better? Getting more power play opportunities. Is Miettinen ready? Handling a ‘heavy’ team. Missing too many shots? Teams playing more defensively.

To listen click here.

Dustin-Byfuglien-2-wm-300x164.jpg

Dustin Byfuglien – Losing Enstrom. Who would he expect to be paired with (Pushing for Bogosian, doubts it will happen). Need to have the guys pick up the slack. Encouraged by team defence.

Zach Bogosian - Talk about Enstrom. Bruins talk. Did coaches put a lot of positives on the game against the Penguins? Winning battles.

Chris Thorburn – Playing the Bruins. Starting off the games right but importance of getting first goal. Does he enjoy playing against Boston? Has he ever chirped Chara? Play of his line. His thoughts on James Wright.

Antti Miettinen - Skating with the guys again. When he got the injury that has kept him out of the lineup. What is his level of readiness? Coach’s decision. Is he cleared to play? Will he be going on the road trip? Is there a chance he might play?

To listen click here.

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
It be nice for pavs to have back to back good games again, so Noel and the forwards would feel safe enough to open the ice a bit again and stop chocking our forwards offensively... Unfortunately that's what you have to do when you got a shaky goalie that you have no confidence in: sacrifice offence for defence and that's what they've been doing.... Sigh

Exactly!!! That is why when people say: "You can't blame Pavelec for that loss, he can't score" I think it's more complicated then that. Bad goaltending hurts all aspects of a teams game.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Lucic will be back in Boston, no game tomrrow for him. According to the Bruins board.

JetsTrueNorth

Feb 16, 2013
Forget winning the game. Lets start with small steps. Could we please score more than 2 goals in the game without pulling our goalie to do so.

Score some goals and the "W's" will come.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Noel on Ron playing with Buff:

"Ron Hainsey would be a better fit with Buff, Ron would be more of a stay at home defenseman. Buff has a tendency to want to jump up the ice so that would provide more stability and would probably stop us from having the rosary behind the bench."

:laugh:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Noel on Ron playing with Buff:

"Ron Hainsey would be a better fit with Buff, Ron would be more of a stay at home defenseman. Buff has a tendency to want to jump up the ice so that would provide more stability and would probably stop us from having the rosary behind the bench."

:laugh:

No matter what the season brings, you can always depend on Claude.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
No matter what the season brings, you can always depend on Claude.

It's a pretty funny line, but also fairly telling that Noel doesn't have complete control of this group. IMO I can't imagine a similar statement being made about the top d-man on real contending teams.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
We always seem to show up and play Boston quite well. Physical, finishing our checks, etc. I hope to see that tomorrow, but with this team i am honestly not expecting or counting on it.

After beginning the season 3-1-1, if we lose this one we'll have slipped to 2-7-0 since that pretty good start.

Please win.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
We always seem to show up and play Boston quite well. Physical, finishing our checks, etc. I hope to see that tomorrow, but with this team i am honestly not expecting or counting on it.

After beginning the season 3-1-1, if we lose this one we'll have slipped to 2-7-0 since that pretty good start.

Please win.
Burmi has toppled Chara 3 times in the last 2 years. Hopefully he does it again. :)

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
It's a pretty funny line, but also fairly telling that Noel doesn't have complete control of this group. IMO I can't imagine a similar statement being made about the top d-man on real contending teams.

Ya I think you nailed it. Sometimes I get the impression Buff is telling Claude how its gonna be.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Can we agree that the trap experiment on this team has failed? The trap works for certain teams but is clear that it just does not seem to suit the style of this group of players. I hope Noel lets the guys run and gun a little bit since it's clear that the trap sytem he seems to be using this season just does not work.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Can you imagine what this team would look like with Kari Lehtonen in the goal? Thrashers made some bad moves but this trade might have been the worst. It essentially amounted to Lehtonen for Ivan Telegin at the end of the day :shakehead

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Can you imagine what this team would look like with Kari Lehtonen in the goal? Thrashers made some bad moves but this trade might have been the worst. It essentially amounted to Lehtonen for Ivan Telegin at the end of the day :shakehead

Hey now, don't forget about Ivan Vishnevsky. He was the key piece that brought Ladd over here. :sarcasm:

I have a major mancrush on Lehtonen, so no argument here.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Exactly how I felt about last night. Are people forgetting that the Penguins are, you know, good?

Preach. We allowed a goal late on a 90 second 5 on 3 and an EN goal. Otherwise it's 1-1 heading to overtime.

Really, people like to complain about our lack of offense, but since TB, we've been a lot more stingy on defense than we are used to.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg

Unfortunately they had no way of seeing 3-4 years into the future at what he'd become after his back surgery. He was very injury prone in his time with Atlanta. Add to that that Pavelec was ready to play.

Also, you'll remember that Vishnevskiy was then flipped to the Blackhawks for our current captain. It wasn't all bad. ;)

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Unfortunately they had no way of seeing 3-4 years into the future at what he'd become after his back surgery. He was very injury prone in his time with Atlanta. Add to that that Pavelec was ready to play.

Also, you'll remember that Vishnevskiy was then flipped to the Blackhawks for our current captain. It wasn't all bad. ;)

Yup. Some times a player needs a change of scenery to be the player he can be. He wasn't that player in Atlanta. Such is life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad