Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Jets- Feb. 17- 5:00 P.M CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I'm calling it now. This is the game The Jets get completely UNCLOGGED BABY! The scorers will be scoring. The defenders will be defending! Pavs will be a human puck vacuum in net. 6-3 Jets! Book IT! :yo:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm calling it now. This is the game The Jets get completely UNCLOGGED BABY! The scorers will be scoring. The defenders will be defending! Pavs will be a human puck vacuum in net. 6-3 Jets! Book IT! :yo:

Yes because the Bruins are so easy to score against with their tiny defense, soft forwards and weak goal-tending :sarcasm:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Best thing about tomorrow is I am taking my 4 year old son so I won't be drinking and swearing if we get tuned

Looking forward to the game.....win lose or draw Boston brings the best out in us for some reason

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
If thy play like they did yesterday, Boston will eat them alive.

In retrospect they actually didn't play all that poorly yesterday.

Imagine 1 or 2 of those missed shots went in. People would be clamoring about how well we played.

Bad 1st period, very good 2nd, decent 3rd was how I saw the game.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Hold the Bruins to two or less and we may have a chance.

Redmond's turn for the press box, he's been bad in the last 4

check to see if Joke-in has a pulse after the pre game skate:sarcasm:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I'm going to this one and the Jets are 0-3 this year when I'm in attendance so sorry in advance

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
The conference basement is cramped. The Jets are in 12th but also tied for last. I guess that's a positive, right... guys... right?

Remember when we were 1 point out of 1st in the division. Those were good days.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
This one is in the bag....easy win!

I won't say for who :D

One last prediction.....Hainsey won't score 6 goals :(

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
Don't worry guys, I'm going to this game and I'm 2-0 at the MTS Centre with Pavelec getting shutouts both times. We're going to win. ;)

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
In retrospect they actually didn't play all that poorly yesterday.

Imagine 1 or 2 of those missed shots went in. People would be clamoring about how well we played.

Bad 1st period, very good 2nd, decent 3rd was how I saw the game.

Exactly how I felt about last night. Are people forgetting that the Penguins are, you know, good?

There seems to be this ingrained mentality (and I include myself in this) that the Jets are expected to win each and every home game; I strongly doubt there would be this much consternation if the Jets played a game like this in Pittsburgh. Know what the Jets home record has been since March 18th of last season? 3-7-1. They've actually had a better road record over that span, at 5-6-2.

Obviously the MTS Centre makes a difference, but it's not nearly as huge as the media makes it out to be. IMO, the brilliant home record we had last year was the perfect storm of circumstances. Extended home stretches that spanned for two weeks at times, visitors coming in on the second game of back-to-backs, and probably a bit of unfamiliarity with the rink and how loud it could get.

Okay, sorry for that tangential rant. Let's rock the house and let the Bruins know they're in our barn! :D

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
The bruins are solid. Hopefully chevy and chipman take notice. This is a team that wins with systems and character. Over the years this team has dumped a ton of talent in exchange for character and its payed dividends. Look at Peverley for Stuart\Wheeler, who trades 2 very good players for a grinder\character guy. They do! It doesnt matter what your name is, if you act up, you are gone. If you dont perform you are in the press box. Weve got about 15 guys who wouldnt last a week in boston.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Gameplan: Grind their forwards into the ground; hit anything that moves, zebras too...we owe them a few anyway.
We need Buffy in Viking mode again, he is the best when he gets his angry face and start chucking men around the ice like they are children.

Get Peluso to play out when Buff is out, and get both of them to park in front of the net.
Even Cro-Chara would have difficulties with that.

I want to see the total destruction of the Bruins, I want blowout hockey...I want....dare I say it....

THE FLYING W!

This would be the medicine they need.

Calling 6-1 Jets

Oh and Buff gets the face mush hit on Marchand…no injuries to him, just a solid glass face mush with a photographer on hand to get the shot…I want that picture!

Chances are we will be beaten like a redheaded stepchild, but I have to hope right?

Kent C Tugood

Not Quite Dead Yet
Jan 1, 2012
Doontoon
This one is in the bag....easy win!

I won't say for who :D

One last prediction.....Hainsey won't score 6 goals :(

:shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

Jokes side, we need is a little more accuracy for shots on net, and we could easily turn this around. Won't be the cure-all, but it definitely won't hurt.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
I guess there is no easy way out of the current state of the team. We'll just have to get accustomed to sitting in the middle while the balance of the league plays Cracker on us.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I am trying to be optimistic, so here goes.

For some reason, certain teams seem to play other teams very well. Could be systems, players, or built up confidence. The Jets always have a whale of a game against Boston, win or lose.

I'm just hoping for some positive vibes being built up in this one. Jokinen has to score one day... right? Right??? :)

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada

For some reason, certain teams seem to play other teams very well. Could be systems, players, or built up confidence. The Jets always have a whale of a game against Boston, win or lose.

I'm just hoping for some positive vibes being built up in this one. Jokinen has to score one day... right? Right??? :)

For some reason, I can't remember Jokinen ever hitting the net with a shot. So I wouldn't count on it.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

I think Fehr and Nino proved last season that luck doesn't always regress to the norm. :(

Sorry to say. It hasn't been due to lack of skill or effort, just poor luck, but it's not guaranteed to equalize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad